LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 319/305/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 1/2/14 for yet another time
Gained 2 pounds?

What the crap? Not that time of month either. So the plan today is back to the basics, meat and eggs It had better work!!

Any other suggestions?
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /199.7/150 goal 5'9", 42 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
Up your fats, a bit, too.

A little extra CO can do wonders... (Particularly if that extra weight really IS a load of crap, which CAN happen. I "gained" over 4 pounds the other day, just from being "backed up". When the pipes flushed, a few hours later, the extra weight was gone.)
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Not every gain on the scale is cause for changing things or eating more fat. Our bodies go up and down in weight based on how much water and salt is in your diet, how many carbs you ate (maybe a few more), exercise, and how often you go to the bathroom.

i wouldn't change anything, just keep going. When you weigh daily you have to expect these fluctuations and know that they are normal. You stayed on your plan right? So no need to panic. It's just another day, stick to your diet, and keep going.
nolcjunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meli-Mel
Stats: 190/182/150
Start Date: September 24, 2012
We all have natural fluctuations in our body weight. It's life. Instead of trying to tweek this or that, just keep doing what you're doing.
Meli-Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
I don't know if this helps but I used DEXA scans to track changes in my bodyfat. They are supposedly accurate. I have gained scale weight and lost bodyfat, and also had the reverse happen, lost scale weight and gained body fat. I would only worry if it was 5+ more gain. Although I have managed to gain almost 8lbs in water weight before too, due to increasing fiber the wrong way in my diet
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
Not every gain on the scale is cause for changing things or eating more fat. Our bodies go up and down in weight based on how much water and salt is in your diet, how many carbs you ate (maybe a few more), exercise, and how often you go to the bathroom.

i wouldn't change anything, just keep going. When you weigh daily you have to expect these fluctuations and know that they are normal. You stayed on your plan right? So no need to panic. It's just another day, stick to your diet, and keep going.
That's my advice too. Unless you know for sure that your body isn't one to fluctuate, I wouldn't worry about it.

My body goes up and down all the time, but the long-term trajectory is down down down.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
I don't know if this helps but I used DEXA scans to track changes in my bodyfat. They are supposedly accurate. I have gained scale weight and lost bodyfat, and also had the reverse happen, lost scale weight and gained body fat. I would only worry if it was 5+ more gain. Although I have managed to gain almost 8lbs in water weight before too, due to increasing fiber the wrong way in my diet

I recently had a hydrostatic body fat test done, which is the most accurate method available. It's been really helpful in resetting my goal weight, and I plan to go back every four or five months, to see whether I've been able to keep my lean body mass, and am staying on track with my goals.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote