Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Gained 2 pounds? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/797719-gained-2-pounds.html)

Gibbs 02-23-2013 04:36 AM

Gained 2 pounds?

What the crap? Not that time of month either. So the plan today is back to the basics, meat and eggs :) It had better work!!

Any other suggestions?

LiterateGriffin 02-23-2013 04:55 AM

Up your fats, a bit, too. ;)

A little extra CO can do wonders... (Particularly if that extra weight really IS a load of crap, which CAN happen. I "gained" over 4 pounds the other day, just from being "backed up". When the pipes flushed, a few hours later, the extra weight was gone.)

nolcjunk 02-23-2013 07:49 AM

Not every gain on the scale is cause for changing things or eating more fat. Our bodies go up and down in weight based on how much water and salt is in your diet, how many carbs you ate (maybe a few more), exercise, and how often you go to the bathroom.

i wouldn't change anything, just keep going. When you weigh daily you have to expect these fluctuations and know that they are normal. You stayed on your plan right? So no need to panic. It's just another day, stick to your diet, and keep going.

Meli-Mel 02-23-2013 08:24 AM

We all have natural fluctuations in our body weight. It's life. Instead of trying to tweek this or that, just keep doing what you're doing.

Punkin 02-23-2013 08:49 AM

I don't know if this helps but I used DEXA scans to track changes in my bodyfat. They are supposedly accurate. I have gained scale weight and lost bodyfat, and also had the reverse happen, lost scale weight and gained body fat. I would only worry if it was 5+ more gain. Although I have managed to gain almost 8lbs in water weight before too, due to increasing fiber the wrong way in my diet:stars:

Ntombi 02-25-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolcjunk (Post 16275883)
Not every gain on the scale is cause for changing things or eating more fat. Our bodies go up and down in weight based on how much water and salt is in your diet, how many carbs you ate (maybe a few more), exercise, and how often you go to the bathroom.

i wouldn't change anything, just keep going. When you weigh daily you have to expect these fluctuations and know that they are normal. You stayed on your plan right? So no need to panic. It's just another day, stick to your diet, and keep going.

That's my advice too. Unless you know for sure that your body isn't one to fluctuate, I wouldn't worry about it.

My body goes up and down all the time, but the long-term trajectory is down down down. ;)

Ntombi 02-25-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkin (Post 16276003)
I don't know if this helps but I used DEXA scans to track changes in my bodyfat. They are supposedly accurate. I have gained scale weight and lost bodyfat, and also had the reverse happen, lost scale weight and gained body fat. I would only worry if it was 5+ more gain. Although I have managed to gain almost 8lbs in water weight before too, due to increasing fiber the wrong way in my diet:stars:

I recently had a hydrostatic body fat test done, which is the most accurate method available. It's been really helpful in resetting my goal weight, and I plan to go back every four or five months, to see whether I've been able to keep my lean body mass, and am staying on track with my goals.