Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /217.5/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
Sweet Temptation...

As I mentioned elsewhere, hubby's ex-co-workers threw him a "party" tonight, at a local place that's not exactly LC friendly. I mean, the only side they offer is chips. As in potato chips. And the salads are nothing but iceberg, which to me is like eating paper...

SO, I went in fore-armed: A HUGE lunch (I actually over-ate a little bit), and a fat-bomb just before we left. And I had the liverwurst, as planned, sans bread.

The BIG problem? I forgot that this PARTICULAR location has the huge desert-display, just as you walk in.

And it's all the stuff that's really tempting for me: Expensive, good quality chocolates. Cheesecakes. Etc.

SO, we arrive, find the table, sit. This place serves over 200 kinds of beer. I have a diet soda. Hubby says, "Aren't you having a beer?" I say, "Induction." (So he gets one, and I take a sip, later, to get the taste, but that's it.) I get the liverwurst. The give me chips, and I send it back to have them removed. I eat -- much to the amazement of the guy to my left, who's never met anyone who'd eat liverwurst.

Then, folks are starting to go, and the woman across from me gets up, walks to the counter, and comes back with a to-go box... And starts to talk about what desert she decided to get and take home.

So what do I do? I sit there and PUT MY FINGERS IN MY EARS, so I won't hear her and decide I can't live without a slice of cheesecake or a bite of chocolate. Because I might have, seriously, if I'd listened.

Drastic times call for drastic measures! (Everyone thought I was being silly. Nope -- dead serious! But if I can play it off as "silly", that's fine with me!)

I think I smell a LC cheesecake in my near future. Maybe with caramel syrup if I can find it, as an extra-special treat.

On the other hand, one of hubby's NEW co-workers is trying to lose weight, and willing to listen about LC. I told him he needs to invite her over for lunch, sometime, so I can show her the kinds of foods I've been losing on for the past year. ("Yes, you CAN do this and still enjoy eating... and eating a variety of really GOOD food!")

Last edited by LiterateGriffin; 02-22-2013 at 07:57 PM..
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I was just about to prescribe a lowcarb cheesecake for you, Literate Griffin, as you have often prescribed it to others. And then I see that you've thought of that yourself. Go with your favorite flavor, such as the (lowcarb) caramel syrup, since you earned it! Congratulations on your self-control and pre-planning.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

The funny thing is that I recently bought a spring-form pan and some sour cream. (Since the move, I haven't really had a good pan to MAKE a cheesecake in, and decided to fix that.)
Old 02-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

And... cheesecake in the oven!

I had to go out today, and while I did, Hubby cleaned the kitchen! So I had lots of room to work. I didn't have a chance to go hunting for SF syrups, so I used some "TrueLemon" (A powdered lemon flavoring made from lemon juice) to fancy it up a bit.

My first time ever doing it in the "proper" pan.

I've got just enough cream cheese left to do one more cheesecake, and we're hoping to have company over next weekend, to introduce to LC. So I think I'll do another one -- with a hazelnut crust -- for her.

For now? It's almost pure fat, which suits me just fine! It can be my lunch for a couple days.