Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Sweet Temptation... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/797710-sweet-temptation.html)

LiterateGriffin 02-22-2013 06:56 PM

Sweet Temptation...

As I mentioned elsewhere, hubby's ex-co-workers threw him a "party" tonight, at a local place that's not exactly LC friendly. I mean, the only side they offer is chips. As in potato chips. And the salads are nothing but iceberg, which to me is like eating paper...

SO, I went in fore-armed: A HUGE lunch (I actually over-ate a little bit), and a fat-bomb just before we left. And I had the liverwurst, as planned, sans bread.

The BIG problem? I forgot that this PARTICULAR location has the huge desert-display, just as you walk in.

And it's all the stuff that's really tempting for me: Expensive, good quality chocolates. Cheesecakes. Etc.

SO, we arrive, find the table, sit. This place serves over 200 kinds of beer. I have a diet soda. Hubby says, "Aren't you having a beer?" I say, "Induction." (So he gets one, and I take a sip, later, to get the taste, but that's it.) I get the liverwurst. The give me chips, and I send it back to have them removed. I eat -- much to the amazement of the guy to my left, who's never met anyone who'd eat liverwurst. :laugh:

Then, folks are starting to go, and the woman across from me gets up, walks to the counter, and comes back with a to-go box... And starts to talk about what desert she decided to get and take home.

So what do I do? I sit there and PUT MY FINGERS IN MY EARS, so I won't hear her and decide I can't live without a slice of cheesecake or a bite of chocolate. Because I might have, seriously, if I'd listened.

Drastic times call for drastic measures! :hyst: (Everyone thought I was being silly. Nope -- dead serious! But if I can play it off as "silly", that's fine with me!)

I think I smell a LC cheesecake in my near future. Maybe with caramel syrup if I can find it, as an extra-special treat.

On the other hand, one of hubby's NEW co-workers is trying to lose weight, and willing to listen about LC. I told him he needs to invite her over for lunch, sometime, so I can show her the kinds of foods I've been losing on for the past year. ;) ("Yes, you CAN do this and still enjoy eating... and eating a variety of really GOOD food!")

svenskamae 02-22-2013 11:19 PM

I was just about to prescribe a lowcarb cheesecake for you, Literate Griffin, as you have often prescribed it to others. And then I see that you've thought of that yourself. Go with your favorite flavor, such as the (lowcarb) caramel syrup, since you earned it! Congratulations on your self-control and pre-planning.

LiterateGriffin 02-23-2013 03:09 AM

The funny thing is that I recently bought a spring-form pan and some sour cream. (Since the move, I haven't really had a good pan to MAKE a cheesecake in, and decided to fix that.)

LiterateGriffin 02-23-2013 05:09 PM

And... cheesecake in the oven! ;)

I had to go out today, and while I did, Hubby cleaned the kitchen! So I had lots of room to work. ;) I didn't have a chance to go hunting for SF syrups, so I used some "TrueLemon" (A powdered lemon flavoring made from lemon juice) to fancy it up a bit.

My first time ever doing it in the "proper" pan. :laugh:

I've got just enough cream cheese left to do one more cheesecake, and we're hoping to have company over next weekend, to introduce to LC. So I think I'll do another one -- with a hazelnut crust -- for her.

For now? It's almost pure fat, which suits me just fine! It can be my lunch for a couple days. ;)