Old 06-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glennjones
Stats: 244/214/200 6'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 16 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
i just found at my local walmart peppered flavored, i ate the whole bag they were that good---they were a smaller bag
Wal-Mart sells a brand called Mac's Salt & Pepper - they are awesome! They do have MSG but I don't have a problem with MSG in fact I cook with Accent (MSG).
glennjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosemary~
Stats: 244/113
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: February 2011
Uses for pork rinds

Another good way to use pork rinds is as a "buffer" when you need to take medicine (in my case aspirin) in the middle of the night. I didn't want to be rummaging around in the refrigerator or cupboards to find some small thing before I took a pain killer. Plus, it needs to be low carb and can survive, during the summer, on my nightstand without refrigeration. Pork rinds meet the need. I only eat 2 or 3 and that's enough. I prefer the light flavored ones, not being in the mood for the taste at 3 or 4 in the morning.
Rosemary~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I consider pork rinds a 'vehicle' for the dip I am eating. I had bacon/tomato dip with pork rinds for lunch. Super good!! Wish I could remember what generous low carb friend posted this recipe but it needs to be shared.... so good!!

BACON DIP (full recipe)

1 part sour cream
1 part mayonnaise
Crumbled, cooked bacon to taste (I added probably two loose handfuls)
2-3 small chopped tomatoes, or a handful of quartered cherry tomatoes (once again, this is to taste)
Bunch of green onions, chopped (I used both the green parts and the whiter "stem" parts...but I like it that way)
Spices (I added lots of freshly ground cracked black pepper, some dried chives, a l+ittle garlic powder...really, you could add anything!)

I make a single serving and use a single serving of pork rinds and that makes an excellent meal for me as I am eating in an N.K. way.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote