Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/797299-hello.html)

Kriss 02-16-2013 09:04 PM

Hello!

I really had some success with this WOL before, but got back into bad habits when I had a horrible Vitamin D deficiency that caused me major pain with my muscles and bones for a couple years. The dr's just said i was having muscle spasms and prescribed pain killers and muscle relaxers. I finally got mad and demanded we find why I was having these problems after landing my butt in urgent care one day unable to move at all and after 2 weeks and full range of motion in my neck had not returned I was sick of it beyond belief.

Finally a dr who was on staff the day I went in (but was not my dr) suggested testing my Vit D...because it was being linked to muscle and bone pain. There is was the answer.....almost no vitamin D in me. After 3 months of prescription Vit D I was pain free. However after almost 2 years of not being able to move i had put on SERIOUS weight.

I ended up at 163. I am now at 137 but am stuck!!! So its back to LC it is. I know this works and here I go again!

Im only 4'10 and I want to be 115...that would be amazing!!!

In 3 months I am in my brothers wedding and I dont want to be the fat bridesmaid!!!

Thank you for reading. :hiya:

creseis 02-16-2013 09:16 PM

Hey there! I have a few friends who are doctors and they all take vitamin D and say it is the most important supplement, especially for those living in higher latitudes. I get very frustrated with doctors who are always prescribing pharmaceuticals and treating the symptoms instead of the problem.

Kriss 02-16-2013 09:35 PM

yes it was horrible. Im glad i can get to working out and all that good stuff!!! excited!!

Sharss 02-16-2013 10:41 PM

I appreciate these posts as I've been having awful hip joint pain problems. Don't know if D3 will help, but will sure try it. Going to a chiropractor Monday so hopefully he will help.

I'm thinking it could be arthritis in the hips as I've been so inactive. I googled the question about sore hip joints and no matter what the cause, the only solution given was hip replacement.

I've always looked at natural solutions. One time I went to a doctor because my right arm wouldn't move. He said I'd need surgery. Well, with no insurance the cost he quoted was $25,000 which I didn't have. He told me to live with my frozen arm then.

I did yoga stretches for that arm and guess what! It's perfect. I only have trust in one doctor, but I moved. :sad: Haven't been to a doctor since because most just want to prescribe medications - you know, those things that have side effects and make your bod worse.

juliekaboolie 02-16-2013 10:42 PM

Hey there! I'm a SoCal native...and a recent transplant to the PNW. Grew up in the OC! :) I also got diagnosed with low Vit D in SoCal...weird because there is so much sun! I believe my level was 10 and it's supposed to be between 50-100. My symptoms were constant sickness/low immune system. I take 5-7000 iu daily to maintain a level of 65.

You will be at your goal weight in no time now that your levels are good!! Nice to meet you!! :)

Kriss 02-16-2013 10:57 PM

Thanks everyone. I feel so welcomed! Im excited at the thought of getting back to my thinner self!

princessmommy 02-17-2013 08:12 AM

Welcome!! I tend to get deficint in Vit D too! I have Fibromylgia so I get my Vit D levels checked ever so often.

snowmop 02-17-2013 08:25 AM

Welcome, fellow very vertically challenged person! (Also 4'10" here!)

cfine 02-17-2013 08:30 AM

Welcome! I take high levels of vit D especially in the winter. It helps me fight off all of the germs going around :)

Jigsaw 02-17-2013 07:43 PM

That is great that they finally figured out what was wrong, sorry it took them so long though! I'm sure now that you can move, no one can stop you! :D

Kriss 02-17-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw (Post 16264742)
That is great that they finally figured out what was wrong, sorry it took them so long though! I'm sure now that you can move, no one can stop you! :D

Thats what Im hoping!!! I feel great and Im ready!

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmop (Post 16263671)
Welcome, fellow very vertically challenged person! (Also 4'10" here!)

Hi!! Yes VERY vertically challenged...very much a challenge in my job :) Im a photographer and sadly height comes in handy for that!

Thanks everyone else....guess its not to rare the Vit D thing. ;)

cheryl70 02-18-2013 05:54 AM

Hi! I find this very interesting. I was dx'ed with low vitamin D two years ago and I have chronic pain and back problems. How much vitamin D do you need to take daily? I was only taking whatever was included in my calcium supplements....which I ran out of anyway and havent been taking. :)

baileygirl3 02-18-2013 11:08 AM

Hi, just wanted to chime in and welcome you too and wish you lots of luck.

Sharss 02-18-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryl70 (Post 16265074)
Hi! I find this very interesting. I was dx'ed with low vitamin D two years ago and I have chronic pain and back problems. How much vitamin D do you need to take daily? I was only taking whatever was included in my calcium supplements....which I ran out of anyway and havent been taking. :)

Jliekaboolie says she takes 5-7000/Day.

A doctor told a friend of mine to take 8000 IU/Day. I started doing so, but have been very lax in taking it. But after being reminded with the benefits on this Thread, I'll get back on the ball! You can google Vitamin D3 and research all the benefits of taking it plus the symptoms of low Vit D3.

I take the liquid form.

Kriss 02-18-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baileygirl3 (Post 16265699)
Hi, just wanted to chime in and welcome you too and wish you lots of luck.

Thank you!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryl70 (Post 16265074)

You know I dont take the prescription strength anymore and I dont remember what the dose was...i have to look into that.

Big Stevie 02-18-2013 06:02 PM

Welcome aboard. This is a great forum and Atkins works very well. Just drink lots of water and stay on less than 20 grams of carbs and you will start losing quickly. The first week is a little rough but it passes quickly. Eat as much as you want until you are satisfied and don't let yourself get hungry.

Kriss 02-19-2013 01:44 PM

Thank you Stevie!