LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Reaching Goal?

I have dropped two jean sizes in two months.....three weeks ago, was when I bought my current jeans, its now falling off my waist. Their now too big for me.

I have five pounds left to lose, and I'm wondering for those who near their goal...did you wait for your final goal before buying anymore clothes?
Should I just belt up, and wait a month or two, let my body settle more before buying new?

My stomach was huge, and it has been the last to shrink. The past month, it has really gone down in size. Its like I woke up one morning, had a baby, and no more stomach...just a little bit of flab still there.

I'm in awe and disbelief
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I've gone from a size 14 jean to a loose size 8 jean since October (I'm really pear shaped bleh). I've been buying necessities from Goodwill as I've lost weight (2 pair of jeans per size, a handful of shirts etc). Now I'm 6ish pounds from goal and I'm done buying clothes for a while, because what I buy next will be my permanent wardrobe. Plus the season is changing from winter to spring/summer soon, so I'm going to wait and just buy summer stuff. That should coincide with the few pounds I still need to lose, along with changing body shape, plus me starting to work on toning specific areas. If I were you I'd just wait a bit and then start buying your permanent wardrobe

Congrats on being so close to goal!

Last edited by mom23kids; 02-11-2013 at 09:09 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateee View Post
I have dropped two jean sizes in two months.....three weeks ago, was when I bought my current jeans, its now falling off my waist. Their now too big for me.

I have five pounds left to lose, and I'm wondering for those who near their goal...did you wait for your final goal before buying anymore clothes?
Should I just belt up, and wait a month or two, let my body settle more before buying new?

My stomach was huge, and it has been the last to shrink. The past month, it has really gone down in size. Its like I woke up one morning, had a baby, and no more stomach...just a little bit of flab still there.

I'm in awe and disbelief

What a lovely problem you're having! That's awesome! Congratulations. I say give it a few weeks if you can stand it. Or just buy a few things.
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
I waited for a while before I bought expensive clothes again, but during weight loss I'd get cheaper stuff to keep me clothed.

I have the same problem with my stomach, it was one of the last places to go and I have to be pretty thin before it goes away. I'm pretty small boned so any excess in that area shows so much.

Congratulations on being so close to goal.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
First off congrats to you on the weightloss!!! I have not bought anything new in a while, been second hand stuff. I am close to goal I think I will buy some new things when warmer weather comes. I will go from there.
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: clare_o
Stats: 159/131/130, 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat/Mod Protein
Start Date: September 2012
As I've gone along I've been buying bits and bobs on eBay rather than paying full price for anything and I'm glad because I had a big old trying on session today (I've been doing that about once a month) and I already have stuff that fitted a month ago and is now too big.

I echo what the others say, maybe belt up a little while longer or buy some used/cheap clothes and then treat yourself to some new summer clothes

Congrats on almost hitting goal

Clare
clare_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Thank you all

I forgot about shopping at the thrift stores....great idea
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I'm about 10 lbs or so from goal and i'm waiting. I went from a tight size 16 to a 6-8 depending on the brand of jeans. My "goal" is 145 but I may go to 140 so I have that 5 lb cushion. So i'm making due w/ the jeans I have till then. My Awesome Sil gave me a Bunch of size 8 jeans last weekend! Plus I found a Halter dress and it looks Great! Eekkk i've Never ever worn a dress like that! Lol!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
I have acutally been through 4 sizes now since I started on the program. I am ready for another size lower right now. I am about 20 pounds from goal. I will be taking another trip to the thrift store. Each time, I take back the clothes I bought just a month or so ago.

I would recommend maybe buying one last round of clothes second hand. The last 5 may take awhile to come off from what I have been reading. And who know, goal may even end up more than 5 pounds lower.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20-22/12
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time
Congrats to you!!!!

I have relied heavily on thrift stores to see me through one size to the next. As you've mentioned, the smaller you get, the more noticeable a small loss is on your body. The last five pounds may bring you down a whole other size! I would buy used clothes until you see that final number and feel you have reached your maintenance weight/size.

Good for you!!
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
I waited for a while before I bought expensive clothes again, but during weight loss I'd get cheaper stuff to keep me clothed.

I have the same problem with my stomach, it was one of the last places to go and I have to be pretty thin before it goes away. I'm pretty small boned so any excess in that area shows so much.

Congratulations on being so close to goal.
We have the same issue with stomach and being small boned with the need to be pretty thin.

However, I'm the opposite with most on this Thread as I have refused to buy clothes for a number of years now. Last time I lost weight on Atkins I did gobs of shopping and they were a size 4. Those 4s have been waiting for me.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kriss
Stats: 145/142/115
Start Date: 1/3/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateee View Post

I'm in awe and disbelief
I just wanted to say that is awesome!!!
Kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Darkginger
Stats: 197/147/147
Start Date: August 2004 (properly)
I've been buying from eBay - lots of cheap 'n cheerful stuff that'll do for around the house once I get to goal. I've gone from a (UK) 22-24 to a (UK) 12-14 since August (admittedly the 12-14s are a bit tight at the moment, but I'll be comfy in them soon). Things I've been buying include leggings/jeggings (which seem to stretch or shrink to fit an awful lot of sizes!), tunics and T-shirts. The T-shirts will be 'dresses' in the summer - this works when your style is old hippie/boho like me

I wouldn't buy anything expensive and/or fitted until I'm at goal - I'm rather wary of fitted waistbands, I've been buying elastic ones for years now and the very idea that a fitted waistband wouldn't cut me in half is something I have yet to get my head around! Having said that, I wore a skirt with a fitted waistband (size UK 16) when we went out to eat on Valentine's Day, and it was comfortable, even a bit loose. Quel surprise! I bought a very cheap pair of size UK 18 jeans from eBay, and they're too big. I'm still thinking like I did when I was at my heaviest, and buying form-hiding tops that swamp me a bit, it may take a while to get my head round things that are 'M' and not 'XL'.

I'm another one with a big belly that has just started to go - I look in the mirror in the mornings and kinda assume I'm holding it in - and I'm not! The past 2 weeks it's really begun to shrink, very weird to look down and not see it there, and I have nowhere to balance my plate when eating at the puter!
WC Fields
Darkginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reta
Stats: 182.8 / 177.4 / 125
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Every morning
Congrats on your progress.

Last edited by Reta; 02-19-2013 at 05:40 AM..
Reta is offline   Reply With Quote