LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #31
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Bragg's Liquid Aminos tastes very much like soy sauce and no gluten. I like it a lot.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bamboozled
Stats: 297/285/210
WOE: Blood Type Diet/SB Phase 2
Start Date: Sept.23/12 and restarted Mar.18/13
I have dishydrotic ecsema as well as rheumatoid arthritis. I am managing my symptoms of both with diet.

I did an elimination diet that showed me I am intolerant to milk (but not cheese!) and have had a much better time of life since cutting out milk. I don't eat preservatives or processed food which helps too.

Strangely enough I never found an issue with gluten although I do not eat it very often, just a few times a year. I think a lot of people are sensitive to gluten and need to cut it out of their diet. Some people can tolerate a little bit of gluten occasionally and some just can't tolerate it at all. Gluten and milk should be the first things people try to cut out of their diet to see if their health improves.
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: low-carb-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenG View Post
I'm low carb and gluten free due to Celiac Disease. I would get the same blisters on my feet and legs. My doctor says if you have the rash, you have Celiac.
I've long suspected that I have celiac disease and that seems to confirm it. Three weeks after an accidental gluten exposure, I still have the rash all over. It'll take a couple more months before it goes away, based on past experience.

Back to the subject, though. It was hard at the beginning to go low carb and gluten free, but it gets easier. For those times I want something bread-like, my freezer is stocked with almond and other nut flours, coconut flour, and flax seed.

Highly recommend The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking. It was written by a professional baker with a low carber. Everything I've tried so far has been good.
low-carb-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-carb-c View Post
I've long suspected that I have celiac disease and that seems to confirm it. Three weeks after an accidental gluten exposure, I still have the rash all over. It'll take a couple more months before it goes away, based on past experience.

Back to the subject, though. It was hard at the beginning to go low carb and gluten free, but it gets easier. For those times I want something bread-like, my freezer is stocked with almond and other nut flours, coconut flour, and flax seed.

Highly recommend The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking. It was written by a professional baker with a low carber. Everything I've tried so far has been good.
I'll have to try the cookbook.

If I get accidental exposure the rash comes right back and usually stays for a couple of weeks. I also have to be really careful with seafood due to the iodine content....I had shrimp this weekend and I have a couple of blisters. I've been told I'll be able to eat seafood regularly again as soon as the iodine receptors in my skin normalize which could take up to 2.5 years. Rather sucks as I love seafood!
RavenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lowcarbmommy
Stats: 196/189/155
WOE: Gluten free, low carb, sugar free
Start Date: February 2013
Gluten free low carb

I've been gluten free for over a year and feel better than I have in years! One of the best resources I've found is the Low Carbing Among Friends cookbooks. There are 3 out now and they are wonderful!
Lowcarbmommy is offline   Reply With Quote