Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Sitting here in the confessional....... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/796731-sitting-here-confessional.html)

marieze 02-08-2013 11:39 PM

Sitting here in the confessional.......

Well, I awoke with good intentions this morning! Had my thermos of coffee with 2 tbl. Coconut oil and HWC for breakfast which for some reason wasn't keeping me full as usual. I left the house at 7:15 and around 10:30 I was starving. I typically carry a snack with me but I was picking my son up from early dismissal at school at noon and we were going to go out to lunch.

By the time I picked him up I was ready to chew my own arm off:stars:

He wanted to go for sushi but figured I don't eat rice and surely, as hungry as I was, sashimi sure wasn't going to do the trick. We decided to go to the deli where I could get a cobb salad. Then the dev.il on my shoulder said....let's go to Red Robin where they have "bottomless fries with fresh ranch"....that will fill you up! And their onion rings.....those sound good.......but I cleared my head and we kept driving. When I mentioned to my son what was going on in my head, he said.....mom, you've lost so much weight, one meal won't kill you. I thought, he's right. We went to the deli and instead of my cobb salad I ordered the fish and chips with a side of ranch dressing for my fries. Then tonight since I figured I'd already blown it that I might as well eat the 10 taquitos in the freezer and wash them down with 1/2 box of raisins:o

I posted this for you guys, not myself (as the damage is done) as a reminder why you don't want to deviate from your program......I feel sick. I'm so bloated I feel "thanksgiving" uncomfortable, I have a headache, I have gas, my eyes are burning, I am congested......and thirsty like you wouldn't believe. I tested my blood sugar and it's 170......freakin' 170!!!!! Needless to say, my ketostick was not purple any longer as I knocked myself out of ketosis.......and all this because of one simple thing......I got very hungry and wasn't prepared. Simple as that.

I also just noticed how dry my mouth is....I feel disgusting. So my friends...keep this post readily available just in case you are thinking of straying from your plan. Read how my choices made me feel. Was it worth it? A resounding NO!!

Tomorrow is another day. I'm going to drink a lot of water, coffee with CO and hwc, a couple poached eggs with bacon.....a leftover steak salad for lunch and shrimp scampi for dinner.

I won't feel so bad if I know that someone might learn something from my poor judgement....

P.s. and to think I was worried about the little amount of rice on a sushi roll!

Marieze

Patlaf 02-09-2013 12:43 AM

For your penance drink LOTS of water and go forth and sin no more.

Thanks for the reminder that the devil on our shoulder still has a powerful pull.

Pat

Ntombi 02-09-2013 01:02 AM

Maybe print this post out and keep it in your wallet for future reference. I know I can rationalize with the best of them too, but if you have a physical reminder of how you feel now for the next time you talk yourself into something, you might think four times instead of three. :hugs: you'll feel better soon.

dianda 02-09-2013 02:31 AM

I blew it too yesterday! "You're so close to goal, you can have this one slice of pizza, can't you?" - but then one slice became two and two became three and before I knew it I had eaten a whole pizza. LOL Gained two pounds for it and I'm forcing myself to drink lots of water. I'm lucky because I get back on plan easily but still, why? I was doing so good :doh: :down:

Julie1972 02-09-2013 04:52 AM

Been there, done that! For me it was going to a BBQ restaurant a few weeks ago and splurging on baked beans and Mac-n-cheese! I was so miserable afterwards I haven't really considered cheating since! It was NOT worth the few minutes of pleasure and it took days to recover. It was the incentive I needed to stay on plan though! :-)

hopewell 02-09-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patlaf (Post 16249149)

Pat

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Arctic_Mama 02-09-2013 02:32 PM

Don't moralize it, just move forward and do better. Then realize that permitting off plan eating, on any level, doesn't cheat anyone but YOU. Feeling so cruddy is no reward ;)

princessmommy 02-09-2013 02:58 PM

Learned this lesson Christmas night at my Parents house! 5 homemade egg rolls, 2 servings of sweet and sour chicken Plus 2 pieces of homemade peacan pie! Omg I was so sick and Still so sick the next day I couldn't even eat a salad at Applebees! I feel sick just Thinking about it!

Susann 02-09-2013 03:19 PM

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Marieze-we've all done it but thanks for the reminder-it is sooooooo easy to hit that slippery slope into Carb H E double hockey sticks!!!

Big Stevie 02-09-2013 03:55 PM

The Carb devil had his fun, left you feeling bad. It always seem to end up the same. Hope you feel better quickly.

Luckyone2934 02-10-2013 06:17 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I really hate how my carb junkie will make me rationalize eating off plan. I am trying to remember: eat like crap = feel like crap.

Hoping your back on the wagon and back to feeling better. :)

shelby'snana 02-10-2013 07:15 AM

sorry that happened, we've all been there ! Thanks for the reminder to all of us ! Now drink, drink, drink my friend :)

baileygirl3 02-11-2013 03:30 AM

:hugs: We have all slipped up a time or two...we are human...but the best part is that you realized your mistake and you are willing to get back on track. Get back on track lady!!! lol! Here is to a better week! You can do it!

Spanilingo 02-11-2013 04:04 AM

You are confessing to being hungry? As penance ---you need to eat. Eat food for breakfast. Not oil , but food. Real food. Eat great food when you are hungry!