Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Note to Self (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/796672-note-self.html)

rndiane 02-08-2013 07:45 AM

Note to Self

Note to Self..........don't eat Atkin bars at work!:(

reddarin 02-08-2013 08:29 AM

Why? Do you feel bad about not sharing with that cute puppy in your avatar pic? :)

rndiane 02-08-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddarin (Post 16247666)
Why? Do you feel bad about not sharing with that cute puppy in your avatar pic? :)

Thank you that's my little Sparky....he was born on July 4th. as far as the bars go, I had terrible GI problems about 4 hours after eating one.

princessmommy 02-08-2013 09:07 AM

Oh man! Thankfully I don't have That kind of problem w/ them. Feel better!!

reddarin 02-08-2013 09:29 AM

Born on the fourth of July. Lots of possibilities with that birth date. You could call him Bruce Springsteen. Then for shock value you could call him BS for short lol. Or when someone is over to the house saying something crazy, like high carb is healthy, you could say 'BS! come here good boy' hehe.

reddarin 02-08-2013 09:31 AM

The bars don't affect me that way but I avoid that stuff except in emergencies. Like, eat that or some high carb junk.

:)

lterry913 02-08-2013 09:35 AM

I can't eat then them to often either...I seem to be very sensitive to the malitol in them...some of the bars are worse than others I have noticed.

clackley 02-08-2013 10:41 AM

Sugar alcohols!!! Some people appear to be more 'sensitive' than others. I had one a couple of years ago and don't plan on any more in the future. I carry a serving of mac nuts with me as my emergency food. I just have to remember to exchange them now and again as they will and do go bad.

PaminKY 02-08-2013 10:52 AM

Another thing that can cause tummy distress and gas is sugar-free gum. I can tolerate maybe one piece but not anymore.

I now try to buy SF gum only sweetened with xlylitol but even that can cause probelms if you overdo plus it not only hard to find but super expensive.

dawnyama 02-08-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rndiane (Post 16247708)
Thank you that's my little Sparky....he was born on July 4th. as far as the bars go, I had terrible GI problems about 4 hours after eating one.

He is just too cute :love:

Sorry you are experiencing that with the bars. Thankfully I don't.

Grinsnits 02-08-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rndiane (Post 16247543)
Note to Self..........don't eat Atkin bars at work!:(

I'm with you! My stomach can't tolerate them either. I tried them a few years ago and would pack them in my lunch. They're tasty but just not worth the discomfort. Nothing worse than being at work and having all sorts of crazy going on in your gut.

lterry913 02-08-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinsnits (Post 16248698)
I'm with you! My stomach can't tolerate them either. I tried them a few years ago and would pack them in my lunch. They're tasty but just not worth the discomfort. Nothing worse than being at work and having all sorts of crazy going on in your gut.

Haha...especially in a quiet room...those tummy rumbles can be so embarrassing :o