Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Butter vs Margarine, article (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/796590-butter-vs-margarine-article.html)

Mimosa23 02-07-2013 05:06 AM

Butter vs Margarine, article

Hi all,

Thought I'd post the article from the Daily Mail, my favourite newspaper for all things sensationalist and gossip... Sometimes they actually scratch the surface of science and write about it...

At last, the truth: Butter is GOOD for you - and margarine is chemical gunk | Mail Online

The comments are interesting too, and someone even mentions Bulletproof Coffee!!! :sing::jumpjoy:

princessmommy 02-07-2013 07:06 AM

Very interesting! Thanks! I switched to butter even before LC after my kids left a tub of country crock on the counter all day and nothing happened to it. Nasty! Real food should/would spoil or at least melt etc after a day left out like that

rndiane 02-07-2013 07:27 AM

Back in the late 80s, I worked with a nurse who was eating lunch in the cafe. She was putting real butter on her roll and I said to her, "Butter will increase you cholestrol and it will cause heart disease". She said," I would rather eat real butter than that processed stuff". Little did I know this theory would change years later and she was right. Back then butter = heart attack.

avid 02-07-2013 07:36 AM

My family has always been pretty health conscious.
That said when butter became 'bad' we switched to margarine.
When eggs became 'bad' we switched to egg substitues.
When red meat became 'bad' we switched to chicken
and so on and so on and so on.
We were killing ourselves by following the government recommendations.
My policy now is "when the government says to eat something.....don't"

rndiane 02-07-2013 07:53 AM

"When eggs became 'bad' we switched to egg substitues."
Yes, I did the same thing. Thanks to the government, that theory destroyed many chinken/egg farms.

Sharss 02-07-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avid (Post 16245193)
My family has always been pretty health conscious.
That said when butter became 'bad' we switched to margarine.
When eggs became 'bad' we switched to egg substitues.
When red meat became 'bad' we switched to chicken
and so on and so on and so on.
We were killing ourselves by following the government recommendations.
My policy now is "when the government says to eat something.....don't"

:goodpost:

Amen to that, avid! I never gave up my eggs! :)

You want to hear a sad story. I worked in a nursing home once and there was this bed ridden shriveled old lady whose body was racked with rheumatoid arthritis who couldn't even feed herself, but loved her eggs and kept asking for them. Her doctor permitted her to have one egg a week. :mad:

Did it keep her healthy? Couldn't they have let her have her simple pleasure before she died? :sick: