Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Beef? Pork? Fish? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/796407-beef-pork-fish.html)

Ladysilverpatch 02-05-2013 03:15 PM

Beef? Pork? Fish?

What's your favorite/ Which do you find yourself eating more often?

Kimberli33 02-05-2013 03:29 PM

ALL 3 fairly equally.

princessmommy 02-05-2013 03:31 PM

Fish out of those 3. But I eat more chicken then any of those

Psmileyf 02-05-2013 03:45 PM

Beef. I love it and more importantly, my kids love it!

When we do eat pork, I call it "pork beef" so my 3 year old will eat it.

Gibbs 02-05-2013 03:50 PM

Beef, although I also eat chicken more than the others combined.

Ntombi 02-05-2013 04:24 PM

I try to eat more beef and pork, but my wallet prefers that I eat more chicken. I tend to eat those three equally, and less seafood. I love it, but it's less satisfying than red meat, and costs more than beef (I don't buy farmed fish).

snowmop 02-05-2013 04:29 PM

Beef, more than anything;pork, second; fish------uh,no.

mysades 02-05-2013 07:25 PM

I mostly eat beef, but throw in pork once in awhile. I never eat fish or any seafood.

picklepete 02-05-2013 08:28 PM

All of it!

Beef and pork are easy for weeknights because shoulders, ribs, and rumps work so well in the crockpot.

Canned seafood is convenient for making mock sushi, and I love the shellfish at Asian buffets.

Rotisserie chicken and chicken wings are the classic zero-effort option and often the only dining choice.

Mimosa23 02-06-2013 12:17 AM

I prefer beef. I eat beef three times a week at least.
Second comes fish. I love tuna, smoked mackerel and salmon.
Then comes chicken, usually I eat this once or twice a week.
I eat less pork as it is not considered a very healthy meat. I do like bacon though, LOL!

Here in Germany, they eat a lot of pork, and have some great options. My BF would eat pork every day if he could...

Ntombi 02-06-2013 12:24 AM

Who says pork isn't healthy? Old wives tale, if you ask me.

Mimosa23 02-06-2013 12:38 AM

You could be right, Ntombi! LOL!

I cannot give you an answer, LOL!

Will do some research and get back to you. That is, if I find an answer that proves pork is unhealthy... Hmmm... Maybe my BF is not crazy after all!

ETA: What are you doing up so early??????

Darkginger 02-06-2013 12:48 AM

I think I eat all three about equally, plus lamb, venison, duck, chicken, seafood and vegetable dishes - I try to have a lot of variety in my menu each week, always eat oily fish at least once a week, and have one meat-free meal. I don't always stick to that though!

My beef is usually of the minced/ground variety, because there's so much you can do with it, and it's cheap!

Dottie 02-06-2013 02:13 AM

Beef, chicken, fish in that order. I don't care for port. I cook it maybe 1-2x a month for DH.

emel 02-06-2013 03:49 AM

Depends on what I can get, and what I'm in the mood for.

Last week it was pork because we got some wild pig meat.
This week I'm beefy.
A lot of times I get in the mood for chicken and I can really get stuck on it.
I like seafood. I like eggs. I like turkey. I like venison. I like game birds, but I don't have any right now. I like lamb. I like rabbit. I like squirrels.

I do not like herring roe, liver of any kind, or kidneys or brains or stuff. I do like chicken hearts and gizzards.

dianda 02-06-2013 03:59 AM

I'm a chicken-addict but lately I've been eating mostly ground beef. Today it's turkey time. I eat little pork, mostly in the form of bacon, ham or mortadella and no fish, can't stand seafood :sick:

Ntombi 02-06-2013 05:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beef. It's what's for dinner. And every other meal.

With bacon. :p

There's already four pork roasts, a ham, and several pounds of chicken in my freezer, along with various other meats and seafood (like emel, I like almost everything, but I also like almost all organs). I'm lucky to have a chest freezer, so I can take advantage of good meat sales.

drjlocarb 02-06-2013 06:19 AM

Beef first with pork and chicken for variety. No seafood. I try to eat seafood once every 2 years just to make sure I don't like it.

Last time I ate fish was when I was sick and couldn't taste anything. I figured that was the best time to get the seafood in my diet.

Britt1975 02-06-2013 06:28 AM

I love seafood, but fish isn't usually a very filling or satisfying meal for DH - so we don't eat fish that often. I, however, have a serving of shrimp very frequently - usually as a snack or for lunch. This weekend I'm going to chow down on some raw oysters! YUMMY!

Most of the time we try to evenly divide the week between beef and chicken with pork thrown in for variety once or twice a week.

synger 02-06-2013 06:30 AM

I had to think about it. I love roasted chicken, but usually get it because it's on sale, not because I'm hankering for chicken.

I love tender steak, but that's an eating-out/special-occasion thing, so our beef tends to be cheaper and a little tough.

I enjoy fish, and eat pickled herring and sardines and tuna at least once a week. Other fish is for when we eat out (not because of expense so much as I don't know how to cook it consistently).

And we often get pork butts and loins on sale and cook them up in the slow cooker.

But then I thought about my go-to meats. Bacon, ham, sausage, hot dogs... the "processed" meats that I always have on hand rather than plan to cook, and use for quick dinners.

So I guess it's pork.

But all in all, I like a variety.

cfine 02-06-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

I try to eat seafood once every 2 years just to make sure I don't like it.
:rofl:

I would have to say that fish is my go-to protein source. Chicken would be second followed by beef. I will only eat grass fed beef so that's only about once per week. I just have a phobia about feed lot beef.

Yahoo had an article recently talking about pork. 70% of all pork has parasites that are not always killed off by cooking. If you have ever watched the show "Monsters Inside Me" their is an episode where someone got a parasite in their brain from eating pork. I will pass on the pork :) If you do eat it, make sure you cook it well done!! Their are many articles out there on the dangers of eating pork. I am not saying this to offend anyone. I don't care if you eat pork, personally, just FYI.

Bamboozled 02-06-2013 07:51 AM

It wasn't on the list but the meat I eat most of is chicken, thighs specifically. Then after that it's pork, beef then occasionally fish.