Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   SO ticked off at my scale/weight (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/796284-so-ticked-off-my-scale-weight.html)

Lucy1018 02-04-2013 09:55 AM

SO ticked off at my scale/weight

I have been fluctuating in the same ten pound weight range since late October, and it's starting to upset me. I loosened the reigns a little for the holiday season, but now I'm back on induction and while I lost 7 pounds in one week, I haven't lost anything since then. (I'm stuck at 173.8/174) It's really upsetting me-I feel like my body is determined to stay in the 170s and there's nothing I can do about it. I keep thinking, "This is the day I'll break that set of 10s and get the 160s" but NO...:mad:

Krissy2010 02-04-2013 10:07 AM

I feels I didn't drop anything last week and I worked my butt off at the gym and I'm still on my 5th week of induction. I was really hoping to be in the 150's but noooo! Keep doing what you're doing and I'm certain you will get there!

illogical 02-04-2013 10:24 AM

I am on the same boat! I feel like I will never get out of 180 :(

melisa82 02-04-2013 10:41 AM

I'm on the same boat, too! I've been hovering around the same weight since AUGUST!!! So, this past weekend (Fri-Sun) I ate WHATEVER I wanted (cake, bread, pizza)!!! I haven't had those things in almost a year. Hoping that will help, in some way. Back to strict induction today :)

Just wanted to let you know, you're not alone.

Grinsnits 02-04-2013 02:42 PM

Just curious, do any of you use a tape measure to track progress? Measuring different areas of your body? I understand that number on the scale is extremely important to us but sometimes it can be misleading. I weigh in every couple of weeks and this past weekend I was up about a pound.. but there's a number of shirts in my wardrobe which are a bit more loose than they were two weeks ago.

svenskamae 02-04-2013 03:18 PM

For those of you who are at a plateau, consider posting menus. We might be able to spot some potential problem areas.

Some things to consider cutting are products with sugar alcohols, grains, dairy, nuts, and artificial sweeteners. Many people do okay eating some or all of those things, but some people stall eating them.

Some of us found that we needed to reduce portion size or track calories as well as carbs to keep losing. Some of us need to reduce the amount of protein we eat and increase the fat in its place. Some people have found that intermittent fasting or calorie cycling (such as JUDDD) helps get weight loss moving again.

If you have been stuck without losing pounds or inches for more than 6 weeks, then it may be time to try one of those tweaks. Before then, it may just be time to be patient. I just went through 3 weeks without losing any pounds or inches but then had a 2 pound whoosh; weightloss isn't linear for many of us.

Hang in there! It's frustrating, I know, but you are not alone, and many people have gotten stuck temporarily and then started losing again.

DiamondDeb 02-04-2013 03:30 PM

Please take measurements!

The scale is useless when it comes to measuring progress. All it does is measure total weight at any given moment.

Measurements will show fat loss even when the scale stays the same or goes up.

Punkin 02-04-2013 03:36 PM

Cells tend to fill with water when they lose fat, they don't like collapsing. And water weighs more than fat, so your weight might actually even go up, even if you are losing body fat. Sometimes for some reason your body will dump some of this stored water, and bang you're suddenly down a couple of lbs and you don't know why. I've seen my weight fluctuate within a 10lb range in 2 weeks before which had nothing to do with a change in bodyfat. Fat loss tends to show up more gradually over time, it is masked by changes in glycogen and water storage. In some ways it helps to track calories if you know what your maintenance level is. If you are under-eating ie. eating below maintenance, you know you are losing BF, regardless of what the scale says.

dejaht 02-05-2013 11:48 AM

Yep, make sure you are taking measurements. Hopefully a whoosh is in your near future. Keep up the good work and you will get there.

LoriWants2Lose 02-05-2013 01:13 PM

Me, too, but when I sat back and was really honest with myself I realized I've let a lot of things creep in. Yesterday, I started back on strict induction and plan to stay there for a week or two and then slowly add things in. One thing I've cut is the SF candy. Even though I wasn't eating a lot of it, it is just another creeper thing. Hope you are able to break your stall. It is so frustrating, isn't it?

princessmommy 02-06-2013 04:43 AM

It gets Very frustrating! I know from experience! I stayed basically the same weight (up-down 2 lbs) for 3 months! I finally had to be honest with myself too and take a very close eye at what and how Much I was eatting. To much cheese for me or to many LC bars or tortillas will stop me everytime! I finally got down to 150 and now i'm back to Yo-Yoing! But I know it's my body and i'll get it to where I need/want it to be. Don't give up!!

4myfuture 02-06-2013 12:36 PM

I totally feel ya. I'm in the 80's forever! Let's just keep up the good work and it will pay off. I, too, have looked into my food and have been tweaking....

nolcjunk 02-06-2013 12:43 PM

Don't be ticked off at the scale, use that frustration to really look at your diet and exercise and see if there is anything that could be causing problems. Any cheats? are you sticking to your plan or really bending the rules? What about portion sizes?

trishthedish 02-07-2013 04:07 PM

I had been sitting at the same weight since mid-December. When I made it through the holidays without a gain, I felt that was success in and of itself. But when January passed me by without so much as a pound lost, I realized it was time to look at my habits.

I started to measure my portions and count my carbs again. I had been eyeballing portions and estimating carbs. It's amazing how the carbs can creep up without really realizing it!

This little change has gotten the scale moving again without actually 'tweaking' the foods I eat.