Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #31

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I think a lot of us start with Atkins, have success, then find "climbing the carb ladder" is a bunch of nonsense for our particular bodies. So we have to keep total carbs low indefinitely. But that doesn't mean we can't include nuts, or oat fiber, or whatever else we find that works for us, within that low carb limit.
ravenrose is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Britt1975
Stats: 331/293/150
WOE: Low carb whole foods
Start Date: 1/14/2013
I have done Atkins several times, with varying levels of success based on how closely I adheared to the rules. My main problem with Atkins is moving out of induction - I really struggle with the rungs and adding foods back in, mainly because I do not lose weight in a linear fashion - it's all in fits and starts - so it was hard to tell if my weight loss was slowing down due to the new food - or was it some facet of my lovely hormonal imbalances? So I would just stay on induction for months - and then have some massive carb binge and quit.

This time I gave up the stuff I knew I could live long term without - sugar, flour and high starch veggies, and kept the stuff that I knew I couldn't. I kept the nuts, I don't limit non-milk dairy, and I use splenda in moderation. I've found that I'm losing just as easily doing this, as I have before doing 'induction' - my fats are much higher this time around - which keeps me full and happy. And I'm not struggling with making 'mock' dishes that take up tons of time and energy and add oodles of calories to my day. I'm really focusing this time on whole foods, making fat 70% of my daily intake, keeping my net carbs below 30 and tracking every bit of food or drink that goes in my mouth. That way, I can always look back and see what needs to be tweaked. Currently I'm usually eating around 2200 calories a day. I feel like that's too high - but I'm losing at a good pace - so I'm not going to fiddle with that just now. Plus - prior to getting back to lc, I was easily eating 4000 calories a day.

I don't really call it "my own plan" because it's all cobbled together from other plans - I'm just using the parts that will work for me long term.
Britt1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessnumber View Post
Then I suppose it became "my own" plan when it occurred to me, by forcing my body to break down all this protein, my blood is probably just swimming with delicious amino acids with which to build muscle. I figured this would make weight lifting a good bit more effective than usual and I should take advantage.
I had that exact thought. I'm eating 5 dozen eggs every two weeks, and cooking another 10 pounds of shredded pork or beef each week (that way I save a ton of money, and only have to do major cooking once per week...).

I'm eating way more protein than I could ever possibly use. Gluconeogenesis is a slow process, but replenishing glycogen stores are a serious concern. The walking has kept it in check, but the lifting has really kicked me into a much deeper state of ketosis, because I'm burning off the glycogen much faster than it can accrue - keeping me from exceeding the threshhold that kicks me out of ketosis.

After just only 3 days of walking for 20 minutes and working out for 30, I've starting losing rapidly again. And my breath is more ketosis-y than ever

Now, if I followed some prebuilt eating plan, I couldn't have dissected my stall that way. I'd have kept eating the same things - or which things I liked the most and I'd have stayed stuck. But dedicating some time to understand how the system works has given me the ability to modify my efforts - even when I'm 100% on plan - and improve my results. The troubleshooting aspect makes the entire process more rewarding for me.

The diet isn't just what I eat and how I exercise - there's a mental component as well. Strategy and execution. Now - I can totally understand that some people don't want to build their diet, but for me, playing an active role in developing my nutritional and dietary plan helps me to be invested in it.

Shark Sandwich: One man's epic journey from fat to slightly less fat.

Year-end Mega Challenge!

Last edited by Z; 02-04-2013 at 09:55 AM..
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: facelessnumber
Stats: 265/167/165
WOE: Induction+high protein+weights
Start Date: 7/2012
I guess it just comes down to people's core mindset. It's the same two types of people you see every day at work: Some people perform a task more effectively when they are told exactly what to do and tend to flounder when they don't have a plan. Others often cannot consistently follow procedures unless they know why Tab A goes into Slot B, and then half the time they're going to come up with their own way. Neither type is wrong or better, just different.
facelessnumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessnumber View Post
I guess it just comes down to people's core mindset. It's the same two types of people you see every day at work: Some people perform a task more effectively when they are told exactly what to do and tend to flounder when they don't have a plan. Others often cannot consistently follow procedures unless they know why Tab A goes into Slot B, and then half the time they're going to come up with their own way. Neither type is wrong or better, just different.
I think there's more types of people- like those that know why but they also follow a plan. People gain weight because they are eating the wrong things or too much food, or both. I think you need a plan at the start to know what to do. Just like you learn everything else- you start with instructions/directions/how to plan and learn to do it then you can improvise. You don't get into a pool and teach yourself a new way of swimming out of the blue. You learn how to swim by someone telling you what to do and then later when you can actually swim you can personalize your style.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieze View Post
The main thing I have learnd about myself, is to NOT follow a specific program or I would have felt like I was, once again, following a diet....that for me is detrimental. Diets for me are something I was either ON or OFF. I was either GOOD or BAD.

"hmmmm....I went OFF my program so I might as well go get some nachos before I go back ON my program".

Anyway.....works for me!
This I think is so true for people on strict plans. I found myself thinking like this and didn't like it one bit. then that word 'cheat' comes into play. first thing on a strict plan people ask 'can I plan a cheat day?' "how often do you cheat' and more.

automatically you feel so restricted and feel one step off the path means failure.

I like what Z said here also:

The diet isn't just what I eat and how I exercise - there's a mental component as well. Strategy and execution. Now - I can totally understand that some people don't want to build their diet, but for me, playing an active role in developing my nutritional and dietary plan helps me to be invested in it. -----

I think an investment in your own health to the level of doing it your own way is a wonderful accomplishment. I feel this need also.

with all these great posts, I can now see why a labeled plan isn't working well for me and I decided my own low carb plan is best.

this is a great chat in general to help people think about their plans, posters showing how and why they do their own thing. great info. packed in this thread!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I don't like counting. I don't like the Atkins ladder. There is some stuff on there I have no intention of ever eating, and some stuff on the higher rungs I eat in small quantities now. Ideally I would eat low-carb primal, but I can't give up the artifical sweeteners and the occassional processed food right now, so I'm just doing "on my own". I don't eat grains, try hard to avoid foods with any added sugar or high in natural sugar, I don't eat beans/peas (or most legumes), potatoes, or corn, for the most part.

ETA: I realize that some day I may have to count: carb grams, protein grams, fat grams, and/or calories. But thankfully I don't need to right now.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 02-04-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I absolutely agree some people are great on a plan. But I am so encouraged by the people doing it on their own, without a scheduled eating list, and have been super successful. again, those people are the ones that decided even if plans fail them, they will not let a possible fix elude them. and they found it and work it everyday.

all these posts were great to read!!

This is truly the first time I know I will eat this way *for life*. It is not a diet. Therefore I need to figure out what works for me in the real world. I did have a bump this past week but I have it narrowed down to two possible reasons why, and I'm avoiding both things for the time being!
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dejaht
Stats: 97/96/83kg, 5'11.5'', originally 120kg in Aug 2012
Start Date: Restart Nov 2013
What a great thread! I follow my own plan, pretty basic... keep as low carb as I'm able to without feeling like I'm missing out on something I want. I try to stick to 40g carb, but I don't worry when it goes over that. I'd say I was off plan at 80g and over, but there's only been a handful of those days in 6 months. I'd say the main reason it has worked for me is that I can't "fail". I make choices every day, and occasionally I make choices that lead to a high 'off-plan' day, but that's OK and I'll do better the next day. I know it makes it harder for me in some ways as the cravings after a high carb day are difficult, but I'm doing well and enjoying the journey.
dejaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #40
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
I have followed many plans by-the-book over the years.

I do my own thing now because I know a great deal about nutrition (being a long time research junkie I've learned a lot about nutrition & exercise) and I have learned that I do best without certain foods and other foods I do fine with. I simply eliminated foods I'm best off not eating. As far as I know the way I eat does not quite fit any established food plan but if it does it does not matter to me. The way I eat is how I will eat for the rest of my life because it is what is healthiest for me.

I would not suggest a newbie attempt to come up with their own plan.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

all great posts!

I agree tho if a newbie, a person should read up on low carb, what it entails and more.
there really is good info out there on the net.
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: facelessnumber
Stats: 265/167/165
WOE: Induction+high protein+weights
Start Date: 7/2012
Quote:
all great posts!

I agree tho if a newbie, a person should read up on low carb, what it entails and more.
there really is good info out there on the net.
There is good info, definitely, a lot of it. Unfortunately there is probably more crap published online about losing weight than any other subject. It can be hard to know the difference, so maybe the proven books are the ideal starting point for someone just getting into this. Then once it's understood how and why it works people can do their own thing and are better equipped to sort out the noise.

For me, the only sources I trust for weight loss information are people who have made, or are well on their way to making a real transformation from obesity to a healthy body composition. Everybody else is usually just out to make a buck, and it's more profitable to treat than to cure.

That's one reason I decided to get into this forum. I can get information anywhere, real and hype, but I figured there are people here who know what they're talking about because they have made that transformation, and they have nothing to sell me.
facelessnumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
I have been seeing books labelled as the "be all, end all" of weight loss written by DOZENS of different gurus over the years. They all claim to have "the secret" that will work for 100% of the people on planet Earth. I have always thought this way of thinking was foolish. Everybody has different genes, comes from different cultures, has different taste buds, different metabolisms, and so forth. So I realized that I needed to customize something that was just for me. And I did. I try to minimize the worst of the worst- the sugar, white flour, potatoes, etc. But if I want some berries or legumes, I am going to have them.

I say I follow Atkins in my Avatar, but it's loosely based on Atkins I guess. Some things he said in his book just didn't ring true for me. So I modified it. And I would encourage others to do the same, whether it's Atkins, JUDDD, CAD, IF, or whatever. I think that flexibility is very important to keep boredom down and enthusiasm up. Just my 2 cents.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
People have different levels of insulin resistance and metabolic disorder. Ketosis has been shown to be the only effective way to cure metabolic disorder and its symptoms, not all of which are obesity.
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #45
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Did my own thing. I took info from Atkins and others. It can be done, but if you are new to this, you may be better off following a plan, and then tweaking as you gain experience with what works best for you.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enna1477
Stats: 255/145/160
WOE: Self designed LC
Start Date: November 2010
I read WWGF and never looked back. It was like a switch was tripped in my circuitry. Since then I've plowed through GCBC, Wheat Belly, the Phinney book and more. I learned to identify both high carb foods and the hidden carbs in foods. I just avoid those foods and have my way with all the variety that's available to the low carb eater. I eat to suit my hunger and have never been more satisfied and in control.

I didn't need a "plan" - I think many people can take the "concept" and live their lives according to that concept. But there are many good practices among the various plans and I've drawn from that information and incorporated some of them as part of my own personal practice.
enna1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
I have read many books on LC and have taken the wisdom and applied it to what works for me now.

Basically I do Atkins induction, but I keep an eye on the types of fat I consume, and I try to eat only natural foods whenever possible.

I also fast, but this is something that comes naturally now, and I only eat when I'm hungry. Usually that's twice a day. My lunch meal can be anywhere between 11 AM and 4 PM!

I am glad I started following Atkins by the book, this way I figured out what works for me and what is liveable for me.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
I have been seeing books labelled as the "be all, end all" of weight loss written by DOZENS of different gurus over the years. They all claim to have "the secret" that will work for 100% of the people on planet Earth. I have always thought this way of thinking was foolish.
I agree. I spent alot of my money finding the 100% guarantee of the perfect plan. It never worked out People are so different and tweaking the info. out there is what gets people thru this journey. we are different.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
I'm probably headed in the direction of doing my own LC. It will be based on Atkins but I'm going to add things in a different order. I've noticed from other low-carb attempts that it doesn't really matter what order I add things back, its the total number of carbs and calories that make the difference in weight-loss.

Quote:
sven an apple isn't allowed on atkins until you are almost right at goal.

so if someone has 50 lbs to lose and wants an apple, it is not recommended or on the food list for quite some time.
While it seems popular here to stay in Induction level carbs for a long time and the Atkins books say it's OK to do so, my reading of the books make it seem that Dr. Atkins wants you to start climbing the ladder. In the 2002 book, adding berries is Week 4 and adding other fruits is Week 7 (really Weeks 6 and 9 if you count Induction). So it doesn't appear that you have to be close to goal. I'm just pointing this out because it seems like many are denying themselves the climb up the carb ladder when they 'legally' could be doing it.
coffeelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #50
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
I agree. I spent alot of my money finding the 100% guarantee of the perfect plan. It never worked out People are so different and tweaking the info. out there is what gets people thru this journey. we are different.
I think that the weakness of any set of rules is that there will always be loopholes. And the more complicated the plan is, the more space for reinterpretation there is.

Building your own plan makes it possible for you to identify and close the loopholes you introduce to your plan. On any plan, or even no plan, there will always be those who make changes in order to be more effective, and those who make changes in order to make things easier (but usually less effective). That is the advantage of, and inherent danger of building your own diet.

I think those who are always trying to move the goalposts closer, and make the diet less restrictive will probably be more successful with more of the details spelled out - meal plans and the like.

And I think those who would adjust towards more restrictive are the ones that will find more success building their own plans.

As it was said before - certainly there is a continuum from one extreme to the other. There is absolutely room for the exceptional dieter that doesn't fit into our predefined categories - That genetic lottery winner who can eat pudding and milk every day without stalling. However there are some patterns manifest within that continuum. Those who try to follow in the footsteps of that exceptional dieter, but who do not meet with the same success.

"If it's ok for that person, why isn't it ok for me?"

I don't mean to imply that one approach or the other is better or worse. But you have to know yourself, and find the dietary plan that you will follow. Because above all other factors, low carb demands compliance. Without it, success will be quite rare.
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
So it doesn't appear that you have to be close to goal. I'm just pointing this out because it seems like many are denying themselves the climb up the carb ladder when they 'legally' could be doing it.

yes I said close to goal when using my apple statement. I should have said 'close to pre-maintenance' levels actually.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

great post Z
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #53
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
When I first began (13+ yrs. ago), I knew 'diddly squat' about carbs and eating low carb. I remember I used to wonder why carbs were even part of the nutrition list on the back of products that I diligently checked for fat and calories.

Following a plan (i.e. Atkins) was like learning a new game. I needed to understand how it all worked and where carbs were found and avoided and how to 'win'.

Then the long process of learning how my body reacted. This part is like a moving target and being aware of that is about as important.

I now do something a bit different from Atkins but it was my building block.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
yes I said close to goal when using my apple statement. I should have said 'close to pre-maintenance' levels actually.
Not a big deal but I think it totally depends on how much weight you have to lose. 9 weeks in is relatively quickly for me since this whole process will take 1-2 years for me! I'm nowhere near pre-maintenace then, but I'm sure some will be.

I just emphasize this because I think there are so many people out there, including me in the past, that either don't try or give up on Atkins or low-carb because they feel that it's so restrictive.

But overall I think in the long-run the best plan is the one that we can stay on indefinately!
coffeelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Taxbane
Stats: LBS:215/171/160- - -BF%: 35+/20/11
WOE: 1650 kcals (55 NC/160P/88F) Str Train x2 Wk.
Start Date: December 2010
Quote:
what made you decide to just do your own low carb plan and not become a member of some labeled diet such as atkins, south beach, paleo or whatever?

tons of low carb plans out there to follow. But I noticed many on the board just do their own low carb thing and are doing very well.
I want to make my decisions based off the science/mechanics behind the diets and not just a diets suggestion to eat this or that.

I just want to know the requirmements to get into and out of Ketosis, how to trully calculate "net carbs", etc... Once you know the underlying science behind the diets - you can do what ever you want rather than following strict guidelines or foods from certain lists or corporate product lines.
Taxbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
This is a really interesting thread. I have tried Atkins a fafillion times, but when I follow induction, my carbs are closer to 10g per day. I don't eat any LC "junk" and the limited vegetables don't approach 20g.

This is too low for *my* body and I feel sluggish. I also feel like I am on a "diet."

I then tried the Primal Blueprint. More of a "categories" plan than strict counting, but it was also complicated - there were many components, rules were ambiguous and it was very strict in terms of only grass-fed beef, no artificial sweeteners etc. Good principals, but again: a diet.

I haven't really found any plan that worked *for me*, addressing all my needs and concerns (with binge eating, restriction etc.).

For the past week I have been putting together my own plan which is more or less a combo of the two plans above:

<20 net carbs per day
Up to 3 TBS cream
Up to 4 oz cheese
Non-starchy vegetables (up to the 20 net), organic when possible. This allows me a large salad for lunch plus dinner veggies and some to snack on.
Protein to satisfaction (organic, grass-fed when possible)
Multivitimin and fish oil
Water, seltzer, coffee, tea
7-8 hours of sleep
Move more

That's it. The 10 Rules plan. I've put away all my books and this is what I am doing.

I plan to use a tracking site to check my macros the first week, but tracking is not a Rule. Tracking is an option for informational purposes or if my weight loss stalls.

I'm going to update my journal as I go.

Thanks for posting this topic - love it!

Portia's Journal
Portia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zombiegoat2000
Stats: Start 296.0#/258/150# 5'8" Female
Start Date: January2012
Me, I started with the New Diet Revolution, then I found the Atkins '72 in the flea market for a quarter and thats what I used as my go to for a while, but for the most part I just try not to eat over 30 grams a day, my weightloss is alot slower than most peoples, but Im happy and I dont feel deprived.
zombiegoat2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
what made you decide to just do your own low carb plan and not become a member of some labeled diet such as atkins, south beach, paleo or whatever?

tons of low carb plans out there to follow. But I noticed many on the board just do their own low carb thing and are doing very well.
I've noticed the opposite. Not only are you shooting in the dark trying to find a balanced approach, but it makes it very challenging to figure out any shortcomings, deficiencies, OR overages unless you have a firm grasp of the science behind it. Tweaking an existing plan a bit is one thing, but general low to moderate carb seems to serve too many folks poorly. I can't tell you how many threads I've responded to where someone winging it is stalled, can't lose, is hungry, constipated, etc, and all issues that were easily remedied upon moving them to a more structured approach with proper supplementation and more balanced, planned out nutrition.

I would never assume I know more about dietary science than someone who has studied and enacted their plan for years with success (as folks like Atkins, Bernstein, Kwaniewski, Simeons, Eades, etc have) and has the numbers to prove it. I may know my own body better, but constructing a plan from the ground up and having it be solid is tough, combining a ton of plans together and taking your favorite aspects from each in a dietary kluge is even worse, as most plans are proportioned the way they are for a reason, and adjusting willy nilly causes more harm than good.

I know a LOT about diet and have been studying and testing on myself for many years with long term success. The only times I have stalled out or struggled is when I departed from one approach and tried my own, instead of sticking with a solid plan. That, for me, is a recipe for spinning my wheels!

On a pregnancy break with baby #5 until January 2015
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
And in case it didn't come across well in my post - tweaking a plan if it is no longer working is a bit different than just 'deciding' to do low carb without any real clue what that means. The folks who've moved from one approach and adjusted small aspects tend to do quite well, and I'm one of them. But I'd say they're still following a diet and a methodology, just personalizing it as needed. Tweaking when you're down twenty or forty percent of your initial weight is different than doing it from the outset and wondering why things aren't working
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
And in case it didn't come across well in my post - tweaking a plan if it is no longer working is a bit different than just 'deciding' to do low carb without any real clue what that means. The folks who've moved from one approach and adjusted small aspects tend to do quite well, and I'm one of them. But I'd say they're still following a diet and a methodology, just personalizing it as needed. Tweaking when you're down twenty or forty percent of your initial weight is different than doing it from the outset and wondering why things aren't working
Interesting, thought provoking post from one of my favorite posters.

Hmmmm.
Portia is online now   Reply With Quote