LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
Super Bowl Party

Well that was fun. This was a party with mostly members of my cycling team. To my surprise, the first few people who showed up brought low carb things--cheese, kale chips (which were AWESOME), cheesy chicken thing, and it turns out that most of them are also low carb eaters! I was so thrilled. I thought for sure we'd make it through, we all were like clinging together, but then they started drinking beer (my team is sponsored by a brewery and they give us really good beer). I couldn't resist! I didn't want any chips or salsa or anything like that, but then the pizza rolls came out of the oven... I had a few bites of that, a second beer,

And then I had a brownie and 2 really delicious cookies. The brownie was so good. It's sort of different when everyone you are with is cheating on their diet too!

Sorry, I just had to come clean!

The good news is that I did not binge and eat everything in sight, I did not stop for more pizza or cookies on the way home. I'm not upset about it, I knew there was a possibility this could happen, I just did not have the will power to get past those pizza rolls and cookies!!
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriWants2Lose
Stats: 228.6/192/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 12, 2012
Actually sounds like somewhat of a victory to me. You didnt' allow yourself to take it home and continue. More like a planned cheat. As long as you get back on track tomorrow, all is well. Hope you enjoyed the game.
LoriWants2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
You did good! I would have eaten everything
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I'd call it a victory! You didn't binge Or fall face first into the pizza like i'm afraid I would have! Lol
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Quote:
The good news is that I did not binge and eat everything in sight, I did not stop for more pizza or cookies on the way home. I'm not upset about it, I knew there was a possibility this could happen, I just did not have the will power to get past those pizza rolls and cookies!!
I think what you said above is so important! For this to truly be a WOL, not just a temporary WOE, occasional off plan foods are going to happen. It's how we recover that's the most important. Kudos for not grabbing more on the way home!
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
Thanks yeah it was actually not too bad. I drank too much beer (2 is too many now, but they were high alcohol IPAs!) and I woke up in the middle of the night really sick!!! I drank a lot of water and I'm ok now, just tired. I don't want to go to work!
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Krissy2010
Stats: 171/151/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/2013
I think there is a lot of good in that... You realized you cheated, still had control (I would have binged the entire day if I would have started with one bite), and ended it after a small cheat. My best friend has low-carbed for 7 years and she gets violently I'll if she cheats. I think it's very cool that you have such a close grou of cycle friends; I'd love to meet some people who cycle like I do!

Last edited by Krissy2010; 02-04-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Krissy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote