Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Super Bowl Party (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/796244-super-bowl-party.html)

creseis 02-03-2013 10:06 PM

Super Bowl Party

Well that was fun. This was a party with mostly members of my cycling team. To my surprise, the first few people who showed up brought low carb things--cheese, kale chips (which were AWESOME), cheesy chicken thing, and it turns out that most of them are also low carb eaters! I was so thrilled. I thought for sure we'd make it through, we all were like clinging together, but then they started drinking beer (my team is sponsored by a brewery and they give us really good beer). I couldn't resist! I didn't want any chips or salsa or anything like that, but then the pizza rolls came out of the oven... I had a few bites of that, a second beer,

And then I had a brownie and 2 really delicious cookies. The brownie was so good. It's sort of different when everyone you are with is cheating on their diet too!

Sorry, I just had to come clean!

The good news is that I did not binge and eat everything in sight, I did not stop for more pizza or cookies on the way home. I'm not upset about it, I knew there was a possibility this could happen, I just did not have the will power to get past those pizza rolls and cookies!!

LoriWants2Lose 02-03-2013 10:25 PM

Actually sounds like somewhat of a victory to me. You didnt' allow yourself to take it home and continue. More like a planned cheat. As long as you get back on track tomorrow, all is well. Hope you enjoyed the game.

thealything 02-04-2013 04:43 AM

You did good! I would have eaten everything :o

princessmommy 02-04-2013 05:33 AM

I'd call it a victory! You didn't binge Or fall face first into the pizza like i'm afraid I would have! Lol

Adoug4ho 02-04-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

The good news is that I did not binge and eat everything in sight, I did not stop for more pizza or cookies on the way home. I'm not upset about it, I knew there was a possibility this could happen, I just did not have the will power to get past those pizza rolls and cookies!!
I think what you said above is so important! For this to truly be a WOL, not just a temporary WOE, occasional off plan foods are going to happen. It's how we recover that's the most important. Kudos for not grabbing more on the way home!

creseis 02-04-2013 07:05 AM

Thanks :) yeah it was actually not too bad. I drank too much beer (2 is too many now, but they were high alcohol IPAs!) and I woke up in the middle of the night really sick!!! I drank a lot of water and I'm ok now, just tired. I don't want to go to work!

Krissy2010 02-04-2013 07:31 AM

I think there is a lot of good in that... You realized you cheated, still had control (I would have binged the entire day if I would have started with one bite), and ended it after a small cheat. My best friend has low-carbed for 7 years and she gets violently I'll if she cheats. I think it's very cool that you have such a close grou of cycle friends; I'd love to meet some people who cycle like I do!