Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Anyone else able to do the bars and still lose ok?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/796237-anyone-else-able-do-bars-still-lose-ok.html)

Kimberli33 02-03-2013 06:53 PM

Anyone else able to do the bars and still lose ok??

I seem to be able too.:dunno:I've noticed for me that as long as I
keep my calories under 1500
Use the bar as a meal replacer and not as a snack
and keep it to no more than one bar a day
I still lose really well.
I dont know if id lose more without it or not,I just like the added variety the bars create.

AuntieWie 02-03-2013 07:04 PM

They work for me, but I only use them as "emergency" food. They're great for days when I'm out running around all day and I get too tired and too hungry, and I just KNOW what's going to happen if I stop at Burger King. (It won't be pretty.) A bar or two can be a real life saver.
I know it's possible to eat low carb in at BK or at McD;s or whatever, but once I get past a certain level of hunger and fatigue, I'm just better off not going near those places, y'know?

synger 02-03-2013 07:07 PM

I keep a box of them around, so I can throw one in my purse when I'm going into an unknown-food-situation. But most of the time it sits in my purse until it gets all mushed, and then gets removed and thrown out.

I do not eat them on a regular basis.

princessmommy 02-03-2013 07:25 PM

If I eat one as breakfast I lose Ok, but any other time I stall!

Trigger828 02-03-2013 07:40 PM

I can sneak some and lose ok as long as the food choices for the day are kinda lighter ones. if I eat heavy pork chops etc. I stay away from bars. but if I eat sauteed chicken over a nice salad I know I can sneak in a bar and still lose weight.

most of the bars I find kinda really cheap knockoffs. like the peanut butter cups. Oh my I hate those. the taste is so funky to me, but the cashew trail mix bar is one I am in love with.

mamajennleigh 02-04-2013 04:11 AM

I can eat one per day and still lose fine. They have truly helped me stay on plan, simply because sometimes, knowing I have that bar to look forward to makes all the difference when my boss brings in fresh bagels and warm donuts! A little further down the road, I plan to have them only occasionally, but one step at a time :-)

sweetpoison 02-04-2013 05:05 PM

:laugh:I thought you meant "bars" as in the kind you go to and drink vodka....:rofl:

Sharss 02-04-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpoison (Post 16239761)
:laugh:I thought you meant "bars" as in the kind you go to and drink vodka....:rofl:

I thought she meant "lifting bars" to replace eating. :hyst:

Rhubarb 02-04-2013 05:56 PM

I thought she meant bars as in jail .... :high5:

I have a few Quest bars in reserve in case I need an emergency food but I rarely eat them. When I first started I was nervous about getting hungry and I ordered them because some of the flavors don't have sugar alcohols. I've since heard that it spikes blood sugar in some people but I can't say I've ever felt that.

yvonne326 02-05-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16237920)
I seem to be able too.:dunno:I've noticed for me that as long as I
keep my calories under 1500
Use the bar as a meal replacer and not as a snack
and keep it to no more than one bar a day
I still lose really well.
I dont know if id lose more without it or not,I just like the added variety the bars create.

I find that if I eat a bar here and there...usually as substitute for breakfast foods...I'm ok but I can't do every day. I noticed a slow down last week because I was eating a bar a day. This week I am not eating any to see what happens.

Kimberli33 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpoison (Post 16239761)

lol:hyst:I guess it does look that way:doh:

Taxbane 02-05-2013 09:17 AM

Its possible, but I find that eating bars really ups my carbs by 10 to 20 per day and also sometimes triggers other cravings. I find usually 10 to 20 extra carbs can be better spent in more fufuilling ways. That said, there are times when I am too hungry or too time constrained to do anything else, so I do keep them around.

Atkins has some tasty ones, but you have to be careful about all the sugar alcohols, glycerol, glycerine (and other stuff) in there that really do affect insulin although such is not properly accounted for in their calculation of net carbs. Also Nature's Bounty has some good protein bars, Power Crunch, and Detour bars...

TishyLish68 02-05-2013 09:49 AM

Never ate the bars, probably never will, I usually don`t eat anything with that many ingredients on the label( since starting this WOE). I prefer 90% dark chocolate, Macadamia or a serving of some other type of nuts or cheese for a quick snack.

flatferenghi 02-05-2013 10:50 AM

actually, i do not go to bars, or hit the clubs!

but yes, i know what you mean. when i was doing the bars, i was cautious, not to have more than 1 each day, and if possible, not all at once. they did not stall me within the aforementioned parameters. However, in the interest of saving latinum, I have given up the bars, the shakes, and most Frankenfood. If you can control your consumption, and they do not stall you, and it is not a financial stress for you, then why not? Otherwise, do a quick sayonara to them. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

jhbyrd 02-05-2013 11:46 AM

Yep I eat the atkins and quest bars but I do try to limit them to one a day. I feel they help keep me on plan with carbs/calories. Just most like everything else in moderation is the key!!

Jeannie