Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Crappy day, decided to indulge. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795828-crappy-day-decided-indulge.html)

LiterateGriffin 01-30-2013 08:17 PM

Crappy day, decided to indulge.

My day was crap. Started with my son waking me up at 5:30 cuz he was up early and bored.

Included my daughter (5) wetting her car seat. There's more, but those are some highlights.

By the time we all got home tonight, I wasn't fit for human company.

Frell it, I'm getting out of here & going to a movie, dang it!

So what did I do?

Stopped at the grocery on the way. Got some wings (for dinner), and a can of almonds to smuggle in, in my purse. And at the concession stand, I paid the $5 for a large diet soda.

And I ate EVERY SINGLE NUT!!!! (And, it might be noted, no popcorn.)

(I had a snit-fit, got self-indulgent, and still STAYED ON PLAN!)

Ntombi 01-30-2013 08:29 PM

Great job! That's the way to indulge and not feel like crap the next day. :clap:

I hope tomorrow is better.

GME 01-30-2013 09:10 PM

I opened the thread expecting to read about a brownie or nacho fiasco. :laugh:

Great job!

LiterateGriffin 01-30-2013 09:16 PM

All the way to the theater, I was trying to figure out how I was gonna manage food. (Since it was 6, I hadn't eaten, and movie started at 7.)

It was a sort of "guilty pleasure" though, because I so seldom buy the roasted, salted nuts. (Half the time I'm COOKING with them, after all.) Well, "lightly salted", because otherwise it's just overwhelming. lol

And yes, I came out of the theater, after watching some mindless mayhem, feeling MUCH better than when I took off in the car. :) A little steam-punk mayhem, and the world feels manageable again.

Trigger828 01-31-2013 02:58 AM

I control nuts also or they control me, but to indulge in those far beats those other snacks! you did good actually lol

Amber_Baby 01-31-2013 03:40 AM

I think you did amazingly and I so agree, this is the way to indulge. None of us is perfect and we are all gonna have bad days every now and again. Should we turn to food for comfort? Perhaps not. But if we know ourselves well enough to realise that we will anyway, eating some wings, a whole can of almonds and a giant diet drink is a great way to do so. I recently did something similar, I went to Burger King and ordered two hamburger patties and the biggest Diet Coke they do (super size!!), took it all home and added a load of cheese, bacon and salad and scoffed the lot. It felt like a true fast food indulgence but it was totally on plan!! Way to go. :D

svenskamae 01-31-2013 04:10 AM

Now I was sure that you were going to mention a lowcarb cheesecake, when I read the title of this thread. But I can see that wouldn't have been practical to take into a movie theater. Congratulations on finding a portable on-plan solution that made you feel better.

Britt1975 01-31-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber_Baby (Post 16230666)
I think you did amazingly and I so agree, this is the way to indulge. None of us is perfect and we are all gonna have bad days every now and again. Should we turn to food for comfort? Perhaps not. But if we know ourselves well enough to realise that we will anyway, eating some wings, a whole can of almonds and a giant diet drink is a great way to do so. I recently did something similar, I went to Burger King and ordered two hamburger patties and the biggest Diet Coke they do (super size!!), took it all home and added a load of cheese, bacon and salad and scoffed the lot. It felt like a true fast food indulgence but it was totally on plan!! Way to go. :D

That's the way I've been 'indulging' too. Once a week I go to Wendys and order a triple with bacon, no ketchup and a half size blt cobb salad. It tastes so amazingly yummy that it reminds me how awesome it is to be on this 'diet' - it's an indulgence because I didn't have to cook it!

cfine 01-31-2013 05:32 PM

WTG!! I thought for sure you had a carb fest. So glad you didn't :)

Biochic 01-31-2013 05:35 PM

Sometimes ya feel like a nut:). On plan is a good thing!

Bobbin 01-31-2013 07:12 PM

Congrats on your indulgence! As the mom of a teenager, that getaway and dinner sounds amazing! I almost didn't open this thread, because I didn't want to be tempted by your binge, LOL!

gladee88er 02-01-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 16230475)
I opened the thread expecting to read about a brownie or nacho fiasco. :laugh:

Great job!

Me too. What a letdown :mad: I love reading about carb binges after a strict week. It's like living through other people :D.

AlwaysHungry 02-01-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

A little steam-punk mayhem
Hansel and Gretel?

You did much better than me. I ate a tub of strawberries followed by 3 Pepperridge Farm (Chesapeake) cookies.

LiterateGriffin 02-03-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysHungry (Post 16234455)
Hansel and Gretel?

You did much better than me. I ate a tub of strawberries followed by 3 Pepperridge Farm (Chesapeake) cookies.

Yes, that would be my steam-punk. :) Go in expecting it to be what it is, and you won't be disappointed.

Arctic_Mama 02-03-2013 04:40 PM

I consider overdoing it on a plan-appropriate food less than ideal, but not a cheat! Sometimes it is simply a victory to reach for the least of all evils instead of shooting for perfection and drowning in brownie batter when the inevitable miss happens.

Trigger828 02-03-2013 07:42 PM

face first into a tub of chocolate cake frosting. not pretty!