Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   A must try when going out :-) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795815-must-try-when-going-out.html)

Jordy272 01-30-2013 04:49 PM

A must try when going out :-)

Hey guys so my re start has been going well.. my stats are up to date as of this morning :) I really am dropping the weight so quickly:jumpjoy:. Anyways one of my favorite places to go is BUFFALO WILD WINGS. Order 12 wings mild/parmesean garlic mixed.. you'll thank me later.. Seriously these are so dang good. :D :D

SassySauce 01-30-2013 06:12 PM

Love me some wings.....Those sound gooooood! Thanks for the tip. I had another flavor there back in the summer: salt and vinegar. I am not sure if the flavor is available everywhere but they were delicious.

PenPen13 01-30-2013 06:31 PM

So tell me your secret for dropping the weight so well. I have been doing Adkins for one ,month and feel like I have put weight ON. I am posting my menus and everyone seems to think I am doing OK with food choices. I am going to try and cut alcohol completely but even then it was only 1 or 2 on the weekend. I don't drink during the week. Very frustrated tonight. I drink lots of water especially during the week.

Yvonnem2000 01-30-2013 07:26 PM

Thanks for the tip! We just got that restaurant, but I haven't been there yet. My son's low-carbing, too. Maybe we'll have to go.

LadyKT 01-30-2013 09:27 PM

I also like the salt & vinegar seasoning on naked tenders :heart:

Ntombi 01-30-2013 09:42 PM

The flavor was okay, but I find their wings to be really tiny and dry. :dunno: I tried them a couple of different times, but I can make much better wings at home, so I gave up on them.

Ntombi 01-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenPen13 (Post 16230255)
So tell me your secret for dropping the weight so well. I have been doing Adkins for one ,month and feel like I have put weight ON. I am posting my menus and everyone seems to think I am doing OK with food choices. I am going to try and cut alcohol completely but even then it was only 1 or 2 on the weekend. I don't drink during the week. Very frustrated tonight. I drink lots of water especially during the week.

If you're going to follow ATKINS, why not follow it 100%? Especially in the very beginning.

yvonne326 01-31-2013 10:49 AM

BF and I were there last week and its one of our fav low carb places. Watch the sauces though..I choose the medium and BF hot and they, I beleive, are the lowest carb sauces they have.

LadyKT 01-31-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvonne326 (Post 16231602)
BF and I were there last week and its one of our fav low carb places. Watch the sauces though..I choose the medium and BF hot and they, I beleive, are the lowest carb sauces they have.

:goodpost:

I just noticed you're from NJ too! What exit? LOL.

Beeb 01-31-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16230508)
The flavor was okay, but I find their wings to be really tiny and dry. :dunno: I tried them a couple of different times, but I can make much better wings at home, so I gave up on them.

:goodpost: And EXPENSIVE!!

Jordy272 01-31-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyKT (Post 16230494)
I also like the salt & vinegar seasoning on naked tenders :heart:

:shake: I haven't tried the tenders yet I'm going to have to try them :)

Jordy272 01-31-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenPen13 (Post 16230255)

I eat around 15 to 20 carbs a day. strict atkins. No sugar free candies, or frankenfoods. :) And I eat about 5 hours before I go to bed idk if that helps or not

Jordy272 01-31-2013 07:32 PM

And it might be "expensive" but I'd rather pay 12$ for a meal that I enjoy!! just sayin :)

cfine 02-01-2013 06:57 AM

I've had that same sauce on a salad there. Very tasty!

socaligirl714 02-01-2013 08:30 AM

I love BWW or any wings for that matter... never tried parmesan garlic.. but i love the hot.. my fav used to be Mango Habanero... i dont even want to see how many carbs those have... I had to throw away my bottle of Mango Hapanero sauce :(

omgtwins 02-01-2013 09:59 AM

And, in case you didnt know, participating BWW gives anyone with a military ID a 10% discount.
Gotta love anyone that supports their troops!

LoriAS 02-01-2013 10:14 AM

Also one of my favorite eat out places. Recently tried the BBQ rub and Salt and Vinegar rub.. Also LC and also DELISH!

But seriously I eat mild wings anywhere from 1 to 5 days a week for lunch and have been dropping the weight. Also, like the original poster I try not to eat anything after my dinner meal and do not eat frankenfoods/processed foods if reasonably possible. Has helped me tremendously!

LoriWants2Lose 02-01-2013 05:14 PM

Those do sound awesome.

PenPen, my guess is that it is the alcohol which can have a lot of sugars/turn to sugar and which also makes you hold water. Try drinking a diet soda or water for a weekend or two and I suspect you'll see a difference. Hope that is all it is and you see a sudden whoosh on the scale. Hang in there. Sometimes I will go two weeks doing everything perfect and not lose an ounce and then suddenly the scale will drop several pounds for no apparent reason.

Emily-D 02-02-2013 07:02 AM

Do you know if the wings are breaded, or if there is sugar in the sauce? Thanks.

phurst_gal 02-03-2013 09:48 AM

Here's a website with nutritional info.

It's really interesting how much the sauces vary.

Buffalo Wild Wings Nutrition Facts & Calorie Information: Carbs, Calories, etcNutrition-Charts.com

(note to Socialgirl: ... you're right, you DON'T want to know about the Mango Habanero :sad:)

Parm-Garlic looks like a good choice.

Maerow 02-03-2013 10:21 AM

Going to Greek Islands tonight with family...I like to google the menus before I go to decide what is the safest option to go with.

Tonight is going to be: Kotta Skaras "Boneless chicken breasts charbroiled with Greek herbs, spices & lemon" ...sides are going to be fresh steamed veggies & your choice of garden fresh salads and soup... I also try to only eat half of what they give you (because usually portion sizes are insane) and have them pack up what is left so I end up with two meals instead of one... :D