Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Britt1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 441
Gallery: Britt1975
Stats: 331/293/150
WOE: Low carb whole foods
Start Date: 1/14/2013
Dasani Water Enhancer in greek yogurt

I really struggle getting all my water in while I'm work. I don't like to buy bottled water, but our water locally is just AWFUL tasting - so water enhancers like Mio are my saving grace. Yesterday I was at Publix and found a Dasani brand. I really didn't need another kind - but Dasani brand has a pineapple coconut flavor. I've been jonesing for my pina colada yogurt recently -but I'm out of pineapple Davinci until Netrition starts shipping glass again. So I grabbed this on the off chance that it might taste okay in my greek yogurt.

You guys!!! It was fantastic!!! Just a little squirt in a 1/2 cup of yogurt and it tasted just like pina colada yogurt. So yummy!!! I'd honestly never even thought about adding water enhancers to yogurt... but now I'm going to try my other Mio flavors for some variety (I'm down to just vanilla and caramel Davinci - winter needs to end pronto!!!)
Britt1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
lterry913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,964
Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Great Idea...necessity really is the mother of invention.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
IWILLDOIT1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,099
Gallery: IWILLDOIT1978
Stats: 266/?/ just to be healthy again!! :)
WOE: LOW CARB
Start Date: 11-4-06 restart 4/4/2013
I bought some chobani plain greek yogurt at homeland the other day!! It only had 7 carbs per serving and it was a pretty big container!! So I thought it would be good to try for breakfast!! It was horrible!! Until I took one more bit and realized it tasted more like sour cream!! Not even that good!! Is this the kind of yogurt you put your water inhancer into? If so I might give it a try tomorrow morning!! I have a cherry limemade generic one!! It's clover valley Ennergy liquid water enhancer!! What do you think? 0 cal, 0 carb, 0 sodium per serving.... Advice?
__________________
You must do the thing you think you cannot do!!
IWILLDOIT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 9,906
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Yum. I have put the berry Mios in yogurt before.

Just be careful how forcefully you squirt it. It can bounce off the top of your yogurt onto your clothes, desk and computer. Ask me how I know.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Britt1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 441
Gallery: Britt1975
Stats: 331/293/150
WOE: Low carb whole foods
Start Date: 1/14/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Yum. I have put the berry Mios in yogurt before.

Just be careful how forcefully you squirt it. It can bounce off the top of your yogurt onto your clothes, desk and computer. Ask me how I know.
LOL! That just happened to me! I was packing my lunch for tomorrow and preparing my little yogurt cup and I squirted and it splashed right back out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWILLDOIT1978 View Post
I bought some chobani plain greek yogurt at homeland the other day!! It only had 7 carbs per serving and it was a pretty big container!! So I thought it would be good to try for breakfast!! It was horrible!! Until I took one more bit and realized it tasted more like sour cream!! Not even that good!! Is this the kind of yogurt you put your water inhancer into? If so I might give it a try tomorrow morning!! I have a cherry limemade generic one!! It's clover valley Ennergy liquid water enhancer!! What do you think? 0 cal, 0 carb, 0 sodium per serving.... Advice?
Yeah... I'm not a big fan of the taste of plain yogurt. I can eat it... but if I'm going to enjoy it I have to flavor it with Davinci or apparently a water enhancer. There will still be that tang - but once it's blended with a bit of flavored 0 carb sweetener, it's more palatable to me.

Last edited by Britt1975; 01-27-2013 at 02:40 PM..
Britt1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
IWILLDOIT1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,099
Gallery: IWILLDOIT1978
Stats: 266/?/ just to be healthy again!! :)
WOE: LOW CARB
Start Date: 11-4-06 restart 4/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt1975 View Post
LOL! That just happened to me! I was packing my lunch for tomorrow and preparing my little yogurt cup and I squirted and it splashed right back out.



Yeah... I'm not a big fan of the taste of plain yogurt. I can eat it... but if I'm going to enjoy it I have to flavor it with Davinci or apparently a water enhancer. There will still be that tang - but once it's blended with a bit of flavored 0 carb sweetener, it's more palatable to me.

Great!! I will go by and get me some in the morning and try it!! One more try!! They use to have something fit at walmart that was good but they dont carry it anymore!!
IWILLDOIT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.