Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Sometimes I just wanna stuff myself (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795496-sometimes-i-just-wanna-stuff-myself.html)

avid 01-26-2013 02:56 PM

Sometimes I just wanna stuff myself

I'm usually pretty good about staying on plan.
LC of course but also portion control
Not today. I have to be careful not to let myself get too hungry
or all boundaries go out the window.
I usually can feel pretty satisfied with one 1/3 pound bubba burger and a nice salad with evoo....not today...had to throw 2 burgers on the barbie.
heated up a mess o greens with mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots and ate every last morsel even though my hunger was gone after about 3/4 of way
done.
Just had to do it. Don't know why. Just had to. :dunno:

Trigger828 01-26-2013 03:01 PM

I do it. it is becoming more rare but sometimes I want that overstuffed feeling.

I do it with salad. monster salad with sauteed cajun chicken and other veggies. big is one thing, my salad is tremendous!! I eat it all and smile after than say, ugh. at least it will digest fast HA

grilling burgers is tops. nothing tastes as good as grilling! Your food sounds delish!!

rubidoux 01-26-2013 03:25 PM

I hear ya. I would say for me about one in three days involves a significant amount of white-knuckling and head trips. The last week has been especially hard bc one or both of my kids has been home sick every day so I'm going stir crazy. Today I took my three year old out to give his feverish brother some peace, but now I'm sitting here next to his delectable looking pumpkin bread while he's off playing. Gah!!!

Today's strategy: I'm having a bit of a treat now, Starbucks coffee w sf mocha syrup and HWC, and then later a meal to look forward to that won't take much prep but will be big and satisfying. So I look at this pumpkin monstrosity and think, yeah, but I'll enjoy my dinner and feel good about myself later.

I find sticking w it a little harder on days like today when I was mysteriously up two pounds after eating like a saint yesterday.

Mistizoom 01-27-2013 05:08 PM

I had the same thing happen yesterday. I went out to a BBQ restaurant for supper, intending to get their "light portion" dinner, but apparently they don't serve those on the weekends. So I ordered the full size dinner, intending to eat only half the meat. It tasted good...so I ate all of it and was pretty full. Even though I could have stopped about 2/3 the way through. Plus I had a serving of cole slaw which I am sure had sugar in it. At least I didn't eat the garlic bread.

avid 01-27-2013 07:31 PM

Funny thing.
Got on the scale this morning and I was DOWN almost a whole pound.
Go figure... right?

tymom 01-27-2013 07:40 PM

We need a LIKE button on this forum! Avid: I LIKE it!

NH_Free 01-27-2013 10:48 PM

I was going to say - every time I'm starving and want to eat too much, the scale goes down the next day. If I resist eating too much, that is.

Whenever I see people post here that they're suddenly ravenous and someone tells them to eat extra fat or whatever, I always want to say "drink water! The whoosh fairy is coming tomorrow!!" :lol: