Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Is Dunkin Donuts Mocha flavored coffee medium okay for Induction? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795492-dunkin-donuts-mocha-flavored-coffee-medium-okay-induction.html)

exiledone1 01-26-2013 03:25 PM

Is Dunkin Donuts Mocha flavored coffee medium okay for Induction?

Hi Everyone,

I have a dunkin donuts near me and was wondering what coffees are okay with them? I mainly wanted to know if the Mocha flavored hot coffee without sugar and without cream is okay?

Also if the iced version without sugar and cream would be okay?

Also are there any flavors I can get from Dunkin Donuts with Splenda and cream that are already made by Dunkin? For instance, any coffee flavors I can just order with sugar [splenda] and their cream that is Atkins friendly? This way I don't have to order it black and take it home and than prep it? In other words atkin friendly on their menu?

Thanks

dangerkitteey 01-26-2013 03:36 PM

No, it looks like their mocha would be 39 grams of carbs in a medium. And from the look of it, they don't offer anything sugar-free. You would have to get a plain coffee and sweeten it yourself to be safe.
www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/nutrition

exiledone1 01-26-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerkitteey (Post 16221229)
No, it looks like their mocha would be 39 grams of carbs in a medium. And from the look of it, they don't offer anything sugar-free. You would have to get a plain coffee and sweeten it yourself to be safe.
www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/nutrition

Oh darn...well better to be safe than sorry. Thanks :) I was looking over the link you just provided and I noticed that the hazelnut coffee and the coconut coffee seemed to be low carb. I'm guessing you would still have to prep them yourselves but the coffee appears low carb.

I could be wrong but the nutrition chart said only 1 to 3 carbs. I'm guessing that means the hazelnut or coconut coffee black?

Thanks for the help

BeyondClueless 01-26-2013 03:43 PM

Dunkin donuts flavored syrups are sugar free and have been for over a year. I had the staff show me the bottle and I emailed corporate to confirm.

giJ 01-26-2013 03:45 PM

Stay away from the mocha, but any of the coffees where the flavoring just comes from the beans should be fine.

Instead of looking at the nutritional info, if you go to the menu, hot beverages, hot coffee, you can personalize your coffee to see what the carbs are for each. (It only seems to work right with the small coffee, but you can use that as a baseline for each.)

exiledone1 01-26-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondClueless (Post 16221243)
Dunkin donuts flavored syrups are sugar free and have been for over a year. I had the staff show me the bottle and I emailed corporate to confirm.

Did they say they were carb free as well? I think I saw someone tell me they had some carbs in them, but that was just heresay

exiledone1 01-26-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giJ (Post 16221247)
Stay away from the mocha, but any of the coffees where the flavoring just comes from the beans should be fine.

Instead of looking at the nutritional info, if you go to the menu, hot beverages, hot coffee, you can personalize your coffee to see what the carbs are for each. (It only seems to work right with the small coffee, but you can use that as a baseline for each.)

Okay cool. Thanks for letting me know :)