Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Herbal Teas (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795412-herbal-teas.html)

Purple Crayon 01-25-2013 04:44 PM

Herbal Teas

I'm trying to find an herbal tea that tastes like something besides dirty water.

I like strong iced tea.
I like strong black coffee.

I've tried green tea and no matter how many bags I put in the cup, it just tastes like dried grass. (Not the MJ kind:D)
I've tried different flavors of herbal teas.
No taste.
I even tried regular old Lipton decaf and was very disappointed. Granted, I'm sick and nothing appeals to me, but this didn't even taste like anything.

I'd like a warm, no or low calorie beverage without caffeine besides decaf coffee. I'd also like one that is relaxing before bed.

What's your favorite?

sya_unit 01-25-2013 05:40 PM

blueberry is my favorite. uhm, almond is my mothers favorite.

oh, lavender and rose are good too. But YMMV on those.

Chai Tea is very spicy and tastes yummy. Oh, Good Earth Teas are fantastic too. And theirs are decaf and the best bagged tea I've ever had.

Herbals have to brew LONGER at lower heat, so don't forget to set the timer.

Loose herbal tea brews better...loose brews better no matter what.

Don't buy cheap tea or it will tastes like grass.

Go someplace like teavana and try their teas to see what you like.

rose1 01-25-2013 06:02 PM

Ginger tea for me.

Erin57 01-25-2013 06:02 PM

Twinings herbal Wild Berries is pretty good. So is Bigalow Green Tea with Wild Blueberry and Acai. Both are decaf. For some reason the caffeine in Tea makes me sick to my stomach.

I put one flavored bag and one Chamomile bag in a large 20 oz. cup and add a dash of cinnamon. It doesn't taste as good as a glass of wine on a Friday night but not too bad.

Julie1972 01-25-2013 07:59 PM

Indian spice chai, lemon zinger and mandarin spice herbal teas are my favorites! I don't even have to sweeten them because they taste so good.

ravenrose 01-25-2013 09:48 PM

herb teas just take getting used to. I have never really liked them much... you can get faked up things from Celestial Seasonings and all that put flavorings in with the herbs to make them more palatable, but I kinda think, what's the point? have you tried decaf black tea hot?

Avy 01-25-2013 11:20 PM

I used to drink "stand your spoon in it" strong coffee. I quit cold turkey and switched to teas for a while. TBH, the only way I could bring myself to like teas, and even notice they had any flavour at all, was to dump the coffee for a while. Now, I really like some teas, and I drink "normal" coffee, and it's plenty strong enough. I was really like you, and thought all teas no matter what, were bland and kinda gross.

LoriWants2Lose 01-26-2013 12:56 AM

Caffeine has never caused a problem for me, so I just drink plain Lipton tea bags when I want tea. You may want to try it as the taste will be stronger. If it stalls you, you'll know you have to cut out caffeine. That's just my experience, though.