Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Anyone know the carb count on Walmart deli ranch wings? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795344-anyone-know-carb-count-walmart-deli-ranch-wings.html)

princessmommy 01-25-2013 05:49 AM

Anyone know the carb count on Walmart deli ranch wings?

I tried them last week and Yum! Does anyone know the carb count though? I only had 3 since my kids wanted to try them too Lol. I saw the thread about them but can't seem to find the carb count

Ntombi 01-25-2013 04:46 PM

I can't link to any of the sites, but if you google "Walmart wings nutrition," you'll find the answer.

Maryposa 01-25-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16219519)
I can't link to any of the sites, but if you google "Walmart wings nutrition," you'll find the answer.

I did that and did not find the answer. I found user-input info on livestrong but I don't buy it (there is flour coating on the wings according to Walmart - someone posted that in another thread... but livestrong lists zero carbs per five wings). Other info I found was not for the ranch wings. Hmmm....

Ntombi 01-25-2013 05:35 PM

I see, there are different answers. That's annoying. If you know there's flour, I would be wary.

princessmommy 01-25-2013 06:33 PM

I tried Googling but nothing. Guess they're so new?

sya_unit 01-25-2013 06:44 PM

I guess they sell them in the frozen section and you can look there. If I remember, I'll look tomorrow morning when I venture there... They sound delish, and I'm sure 3 won't be too many carbs.

wannabethin57 01-26-2013 06:26 AM

I made my own, using the frozen wings by Tyson last night. Rinse the frozen wings in lukewarm water for one minute. Dry, then marinate with italian dressing. Add one pkt of dry hidden valley dressing. Bake for 1 hour. 400, then drain the liquid anfd bake until crispy (10 more minutes)

Not as good, since mine were baked, not fried. But I'm sure the carb count is less. :dunno:

princessmommy 01-26-2013 06:47 AM

sya-unit I searched every frozen food section at our super walmart looking for them but couldn't find any ranch wings. All they have is the deli. I ended up getting 1/2 lb which was about 6 wings. They were Yum But very dry.

Vilya 01-26-2013 07:28 AM

The last time I got them at the deli, they were breaded. So I've just started making my own. I do the same thing Sandy does, minus the marinade. They are good baked or fried, IMO. :)

princessmommy 01-26-2013 07:39 AM

I'm going to try to make my own and see how that goes. Thanks Ya'll!

sya_unit 01-26-2013 08:25 AM

Yeah, PM, I walked up and down the frozen chicken wing aisle for like 10 minutes looking for them. I picked up every package at least twice. Think I got frost bite on my little fingers.... LOL. But came home with TGI Fridays wings that have bone in them and are 1 carb each. Pricy at 4 dollars for the package. But standing there that whole time I wanted something to show for my hard work.