LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wannalose
Stats: 229/208.4/155
WOE: ww/lower carb
Start Date: 2/18/10// restart 6/6/13
Who else has boxes?

and boxes and boxes of clothing that does not fit?

We have been cleaning out the closet so we can get it organized. I was ruthless. If I have not worn it in a year, it is not staying in the closet.

I ended up with several bags of "does not fit, and if it ever does I would never wear it anyway."

A box of "it doesn't fit, and really isn't my style but I have a friend who would like it".

And many boxes, which I dutifully labeled, and carefully stored as follows (currently wearing a size 18 or 18W depending):

Size 16's -big ole box
Size 14's - HUGE box
Size 12's - smaller box

After that I have nothing, but I figure once I get to size 10's, I am entitled to buy clothing. And it is reassuring to not stress about - OMG will have clothes to wear if I lose weight. Yes, I will because I own them!! And then I am passing along my fat clothes to whomever wants them. (ANd did anyone see the modern family episode with Cam and his jeans? The show is hilarious, but he did a nice job of explaining why he wanted them gone. )
wannalose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
In the same process. Gave a bag to goodwill a couple of weeks ago and getting some ready for another clothing drive the end of the month. Have a cousin coming tomorrow and I have a big box of my nicer things ready to give to her. I am trying to be ruthless too, I really don't go nearly as much as I used to, I work out of my home office, so I only wear the same few things most of the time. No need to clutter up all my closets with all these extra clothes. And, like you, when I get to smaller size than I have clothing for, then it is time to celebrate and buy a "few" new things.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
That is one of the reasons I am working so hard to lose weight - I have a whole entire closet of clothes that fit me before I had my son, now, not so much

I wear a uniform to work everyday right now, which is convienent. But in the next year or two, I will most likely be promoted and I will have to go back to wearing all the nicer clothes in my closet. And I absolutely refuse to go out and by an entire wardrobe of new clothes!
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
LOL this made me laugh cause I was ruthless the other day. I just did this also. I was more ruthless than I thought I would be!

2 big black bags to goodwill.
1 big bag to the landfill
new coats to goodwill with price tags on them for this winter. don't fit now lol

only thing I have left is my skinny clothes that I am waiting to get into and tons of closet space to FILL UP with new skinny clothes.

got a few things to wear, rest is gonzo.

I love this part tho. it means it is real. it is going to happen. I am settled in and on my way down the scale!!

I have size 14 piles and size 12 piles and size 10 piles of jeans just waiting for me. almost into 14s now so I am on my way baby!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Britt1975
Stats: 331/293/150
WOE: Low carb whole foods
Start Date: 1/14/2013
Me! I have an entire closet of the next three sizes down - and then boxes in the attic of the next two or three sizes after that. Included in that are the size 8 suede shorts I wore in HS (class of '93!) LOL! I would never wear them, but I want to be able to put them on again - they are my goal shorts! When I can easily pull them on and button them - I'll know I've reached goal. :-)
Britt1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I have some that are to Big now, which is a Very welcome problem! Lol So i'm going to take some up to our church and see if anyone wants them and if not they're going to the goodwill. I do Not want them here anymore!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
OMG ME. I have similar size ranges too. I finally realized that lots of the clothes were from 2003-2005 and may or may not be horribly out of style by the time I can fit into them. I have 3 garbage bags worth going to Salvation Army this week.
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kitnmom
Stats: 235/198/160ish again
WOE: Atkins, Love that man!
Start Date: September 15, 2003
they used to have a clothes swap on here since Atkineers lose so fast it is cheaper if your close.
kitnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I'm still trying to get rid of stuff! Have some that I'm saving for a friend who is on her way down, and I just keep finding things that are too big. Have taken plenty to goodwill or given away to others. Hard to believe I had that much!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
In December, I had a week long business trip. When I came home, I went to unpack, and it turned into a 2 day, 12+ hour project that I called Operation Unpack Suitcase. Half of the stuff I wore came from the closet in my guestroom (where I had hung smaller sized clothes when I was too big to wear them but didn't want to get rid of them), and the rest was new. My bedroom closet was full of size 16-18 (I now wear an 8). As I started to put the clothes back in the guestroom closet, I realized that was INSANE. So I spent 2 days filling 9 trashbags of clothes - all hanging stuff - and rearranging closets. (I kept some very special pieces in 16-18, and some things in 10-14, just until I'm sure I'm maintaining - I don't trust myself - but they are now in the guest room closet.)

I still have to do non-hanging stuff, which is in plastic bins. I plan to do that sorting and donating in the spring.

Dieting to look good in cute clothes. Exercising to look good without them
---
I can do Hard Things.
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Geekin' in Utah
Stats: 236(restart)/190/189/175
WOE: WLS & NK
Start Date: WLS: 5/2005 (362lbs), NK: 1/10/13
When I went through my weight-loss surgery, I went from a 46 waist to a 34 waist and was ruthless with everything above a 36. Then weight started creeping back on and my wife bought me a few 38's. More weight crept on and I decided,with only a couple of things fitting me (luckily I work from home , that there was no way in hell I was going to buy more clothes in a 40.

And thus began my induction a week ago.
Geekin' in Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
I have to start interviewing for jobs this spring so, when I started the diet last summer, I pulled out my stored boxes of "Work Clothes" and realized that I was a size 14 when I worked in finance. I was a size 16 when I started this diet so I was kind of hoping, in the back of my mind, to lose enough inches to be able to fit into my stash of work clothes. I'm currently a size 12 so, when I tried on the tailored skirts and blouses in my "Work Clothes" boxes last month, they were all too large and they looked sloppy and extremely unprofessional. Now, I have many thousands of dollars worth of (mostly) Ann Taylor and Ralph Lauren tailored clothes that I need to donate to charity because I can't wear them in a professional setting! I think I might be able to have some of the wide-leg trousers taken in at the top, but I don't think there's anything I can do with the pencil-style skirts.

I'm happy about this development! Obviously, since I've been working so hard to stick to my diet and exercise program. But this experience made me realize that, back when I started the diet, I didn't *actually* expect to be able to lose a significant amount of weight. Every time I pictured myself interviewing for jobs, I imagined myself wearing the suits that I used to wear to work.

I gained weight in college, so I don't have any professional clothes in smaller sizes -- I have Levi's in every size from 4-16. And I have t-shirts, sweater dresses, and leggings like you wouldn't believe! While I've been dieting, I've just been wearing the same stretchy sweater dresses and stretchy leggings that I wore at my starting weight, so it was easy to underestimate the impact of the inches I've lost until I tried on some tailored clothes.
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
I have to start interviewing for jobs this spring so, when I started the diet last summer, I pulled out my stored boxes of "Work Clothes" and realized that I was a size 14 when I worked in finance. I was a size 16 when I started this diet so I was kind of hoping, in the back of my mind, to lose enough inches to be able to fit into my stash of work clothes. I'm currently a size 12 so, when I tried on the tailored skirts and blouses in my "Work Clothes" boxes last month, they were all too large and they looked sloppy and extremely unprofessional. Now, I have many thousands of dollars worth of (mostly) Ann Taylor and Ralph Lauren tailored clothes that I need to donate to charity because I can't wear them in a professional setting! I think I might be able to have some of the wide-leg trousers taken in at the top, but I don't think there's anything I can do with the pencil-style skirts.

I'm happy about this development! Obviously, since I've been working so hard to stick to my diet and exercise program. But this experience made me realize that, back when I started the diet, I didn't *actually* expect to be able to lose a significant amount of weight. Every time I pictured myself interviewing for jobs, I imagined myself wearing the suits that I used to wear to work.

I gained weight in college, so I don't have any professional clothes in smaller sizes -- I have Levi's in every size from 4-16. And I have t-shirts, sweater dresses, and leggings like you wouldn't believe! While I've been dieting, I've just been wearing the same stretchy sweater dresses and stretchy leggings that I wore at my starting weight, so it was easy to underestimate the impact of the inches I've lost until I tried on some tailored clothes.
Since I saw that you're only a size under all your work clothes, I was going to suggest that you get some of the stuff taken in by a really good seamstress, but I see that you're not interviewing until the spring, so you'll have lost even more by then.

Sounds like it's time for a visit to a consignment shop. What a great problem to have!
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
I can relate. I'm currently an 18W and have boxes in my attic organized and labelled down to about a 12. The problem is, I haven't worn 12 or 14s probably for 10 or more years! They will likely be completely outdated.
coffeelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
I do I do!!!!
I have loads of smaller stuff but I never seem to save my fat clothes every time I regain the wt ( 3 times thus far) I have to purchase a new wardrobe. Hubby is not happy about that!!
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Yeah, I know just how you feel. I have SO MUCH it isn't funny. I have given a lot away, too. My biggest clothes I have been able to give to friends, but all the stuff between size 16 and 10 I can't find anyone who can use! My friends all seem to be either very thin (size 2-4) or over size 18! Or just so much shorter than I, that we can't share anything. Everything else is going to charity I guess

One of the biggest tolls weight loss takes is on the wallet, I guess But really that is not a bad thing! I'd rather lose a lot of weight and need to spend money on clothes than be as miserable as I was 80 + pounds ago! It does get annoying since I am a student, and can't afford to go buy a whole new wardrobe all at once! I have inherited things from people on occasion, and bought stuff at charity shops and during sales (January and July-a student's best friends!).

I must say I am slightly annoyed and thrilled at the same time that my skinny jeans are now getting too big...i guess it is time to invest in a belt I was shocked to fit into a size 6 last week!! Maybe I can inherit some of those skinny friends clothes soon