Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
That is so true. My bathroom floor is whacky like that too. It reads a few pounds higher if I put it on the wrong spot.
this happens to me as well, in fact it happened again this morning. I'm always trying to find the one level spot on my bathroom tile.
Deb34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #32
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I took my scale out of the bathroom because I discovered it was affected by humidity.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I have had the same scale for over 30 years (in the bathroom). It matches my doctors' scales, and I also calibrate it regularly by weighing my cat litter.

I buy litter in 20 lbs boxes, and that's a good test of the scale's accuracy because most won't be accurate at very low weights.

Everyone should calibrate their scale regularly to insure accuracy--and avoid unpleasant surprises as the OP experienced.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sya_unit
Stats: 254/184/140
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: Jan 3, 2012
Oh no! I 'm so sorry. But I bet you have had some weight loss. And the eating RIGHT and MAKING GOOD decisions are all part of the woe. I'll be the first to say that the dang scale needs to be used as a target on the range. But besides that, you are learning about low carbing and you are doing a great job. Sticking to the program and tweaking your eating habits. Remember it takes a month to create a new habit, so keep up with it! And you are not alone! Heck, when I started LC a year ago I thought it was 20 carbs Plus an avocado, plus 5 olives, plus about 5 other things and I still lost. (Yes, I ate 7 avocados my first week of low carbing....don't be jealous !) And I would suggest measuring. I lost 30 lbs before I really could tell that I lost at all. But now 5 or 10 lbs lost means new clothes for me. And don't be discouraged about how long it will take you...just work on NOW. This meal, this snack. Plan, plan, plan. Buy as simple as possible (meat, veggies, plain dairy, spices - not packets). I know I do my best at losing when I KISS (Keep It Simple, Silly). Grilled meat, veggies with real butter, eggs with steak, no bacon. But you need to make the plan work for you for the long run. Check the scale (even if it is off, it will tell you loss or gain) frequently to find out how a certain meal affects your weight. Sodium is my enemy and will stall me or gain even. Mostly water, but it makes me work to use less sodium and find different things that work better or instead of salt. and lastly... FAIL to PLAN=PLAN to FAIL
sya_unit is offline   Reply With Quote