Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I simply refuse to eat something I don't like. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795161-i-simply-refuse-eat-something-i-dont-like.html)

Patkid 01-23-2013 07:28 AM

I simply refuse to eat something I don't like.

There are so many allowed and delicious foods on Atkin's '72. I try to concentrate on all that deliciousness.
I decided, based on so many rave reviews, to treat myself to some Kerry Gold Irish Butter. I really should not spend so much on one luxury item, but wanted to feel indulged.
ick
I don't care for it...........I don't even know, nor can I describe why. I just don't care for the taste.
It will be residing with my neighbor as of this afternoon. She thinks it is manna from Heaven.
I have learned yet another lesson. I am not bored with my LC food choices. I feel decadent at each meal. For now, in my early stage, I should stick with what I know.
As time goes by I will try a new recipe or food, but for now:
Eat what I know I like......and eat simply. No 'recipes' and no new adventures ~ just whole LC fresh food.

Patkid 01-23-2013 07:30 AM

LOL
My neighbor told me I have a very unsophisticated palete. So be it.
Amen.
LOL

makrida 01-23-2013 07:32 AM

I think its too salty

flatferenghi 01-23-2013 07:48 AM

regular unsalted butter works for me AND

no one should have to eat something they do not like, unless they are guests at my family labor camp back home on Ferenghinar. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Leo41 01-23-2013 07:50 AM

They also make an unsalted Kerrygold.

I totally agree about not eating things you don't like (I won't do that either), but I LOVE Kerrygold--except for the price.

I just found a local dairy (NYS) that sells their own pure, grass-fed butter that tastes even better than Kerrygold--but it's $1 more. I should NOT buy either one because I'm too tempted to just eat butter alone, right off the spoon.

clackley 01-23-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patkid (Post 16214008)
LOL
My neighbor told me I have a very unsophisticated palete. So be it.
Amen.
LOL

:laugh: Or you are a 'super taster' and can really tell the taste difference, when a lot of people cannot!

Patkid 01-23-2013 08:20 AM

LOL
You guys are the BEST!

Patkid 01-23-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatferenghi (Post 16214060)
no one should have to eat something they do not like, unless they are guests at my family labor camp back home on Ferenghinar. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

I am so glad I pm'd you over a year ago to understand your sense of humor and nic.
You quack me up, ducky!

Blessings.

Trigger828 01-23-2013 08:37 AM

I follow KISS

Keep it simple stupid. :)

I need this in my foods. the more fancy and more money I waste on trying to make new things, try new foods I usually don't like but feel I 'gotta try' just seems to back pedal me more.

basic foods I love and decadent easy recipes are best. YOU DO what you want. stick to it and don't think twice about it.

never had that butter but hmm...not going to try it and waste my hard earned bucks LOL

cfine 01-23-2013 08:44 AM

I agree completely! I recently tried sardines because of all of the wonderful things I've read about them. I actually ate the first can, but when I went to eat the second can I almost threw up. My dogs loved them though :)

Leo41 01-23-2013 08:52 AM

Kerrygold butter is not about taste specifically OR spending money unnecessarily. It's about the quality of the food I eat.

I eat only grass-fed beef or bison, humanely raised pork, and wild-caught fish. Kerrygold butter is similarly a higher quality food.

I am fortunate to be able to spend the extra money for quality food. For me, it's as much about avoiding feedlot produced meat and other commericially
produced products as it is about my health--both are important to me.

hluxe 01-23-2013 11:18 AM

I love Kerrygold butter. I don't think it's that expensive, either. We buy a three pack from Costco and it costs $7. In Australia, one little block of Kerrygold was $6 so to me that seems super reasonable!

That being said, to each their own. I think Kerrygold tastes like any other butter, maybe a little creamier, the reason I like it is that it is organic and grass fed.

jijane21 01-23-2013 11:21 AM

I haven't had Kerrygold, but it keeps popping up on posts around here. Now I want to try it...

Jrw85705 01-23-2013 11:54 AM

I agree, don't eat something you dislike.

I have developed a taste for avocados but I think it was more of a texture problem with me. The one thing I can't learn to like is meat fat. I know it isn't bad for me but I just don't like it.

To this day when we have prime rib I can't watch my wife eat the fat before the meat. Life is way too short not enjoy what we eat.

evas 01-23-2013 05:30 PM

And this is why I don't eat broccoli. Everyone always says, "but it's so GOOD for you!" Yeah, that's nice, but I simply don't like it. Don't force me! Haha :laugh:

As for the butter, I bought Kerry Gold not long after visiting Europe and falling in love with that european style butter. I was sorely disappointed though, it really didn't taste like anything different from the butter I already had in my fridge and it wasn't nearly as good as the stuff I had overseas!

Janknitz 01-23-2013 05:36 PM

I thought Kerrygold was wonderful, but it's so pricey. Trader Joe's has another brand of organic butter under their own label that's less expensive. We are pretty certain it comes from Organic Valley Creamery (packaging is nearly identical) and because we live in Northern California we're mostly certain it comes from dairies in California that are grass fed all year round (NOT so for other states, where OV may come from areas where there is NO grass in winter).

So we did a taste test, and to my surprise I liked the Trader Joe's/ OV butter better. I think the reason is that the TJ/OV brand is probably much fresher than the Kerrygold which comes a long way (with a big carbon footprint, too!). So if you don't like the Kerrygold, perhaps that's why. And we do appreciate paying less for great butter.

synger 01-24-2013 07:07 AM

I love to try new foods, and new recipes, and have always enjoyed learning non-standard ways of cooking and spicing foods.

But I have my tried-and-true basic foods that I love and eat over and over again.

Enjoy your food! Satiety theory says that you may actually be better off in the long run, weight-loss-wise, for eating the same thing over and over. Those like me who eat lots of different things have a harder time feeling sated.

It's like my nieces and nephews, who claim they have a "dessert stomach". They can be full of a good dinner, and still have room for something different. But if it were more of the same thing they just ate, they'd be satisfied.

So enjoy!!