Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   The Plan (Lyn-Genet) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/795159-plan-lyn-genet.html)

bkm 01-23-2013 07:16 AM

The Plan (Lyn-Genet)

Has anyone tried this? I read the book yesterday, am intrigued with the notion of finding just what foods are my "triggers" - my weight is pretty much stabilized where I want it to be, but I still contend with bloating (at times I have to wear a full size larger pants just to accommodate my belly!).

Some of what she says I simply don't agree with, but the over-all message of introducing various foods until you find which ones don't work with your particular metabolism really makes sense ...

I would love to hear of anyone's experiences.

Patkid 01-23-2013 07:20 AM

I saw her on Dr. Oz.
I was impressed till I read the website for details.
The cleansing phase involved things I just am not inclined to consume.
Let us know if you decide to try it.
I am looking forward to the responses to this post.
For me, I decided to quit looking at other plans. I know LC works with my body so I am using tunnel vision. LOL
Blessings.

pie54 01-23-2013 05:37 PM

The Plan~Lyn-Geney~ GOOD

I have been doing The Plan now for 9 days. I have lost 7.5 lbs and am never hungry. The food is very satisfying and tastes great. You loose cravings and eat things you'd think you would never eat. But it just taste good. She has all the cookbooks and menus on her site. The winter cookbook is the one I have been following. I am happy I tried it. And still following.:jumpjoy:

bkm 01-23-2013 07:35 PM

Has The Plan enabled you to identify food sensitivities? Did you follow the initial 3-day cleanse?

I have followed low carb for so many years that I'm hesitant to eat some of the foods (carrots! beets!) - but my bloating indicates something isn't working quite right. I like her notion that each of us is different and we have to tweak our diets individually.

You've lost 7.5# - congratulations! - how much weight do you plan to lose? I don't really need to lose any more weight, though I wouldn't be unhappy to see perhaps 5 pounds forever leave my rear/belly/thighs!:laugh:

The other point I have trouble with is introducing real sugar :eek: and eliminating my Splenda! I really do not think it interferes with my body, so long as I don't overdo it - and real sugar, to me, seems a poison ...

dawnyama 01-24-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patkid (Post 16213983)
I saw her on Dr. Oz.
I was impressed till I read the website for details.
The cleansing phase involved things I just am not inclined to consume.
Let us know if you decide to try it.
I am looking forward to the responses to this post.
LOL
Blessings.

This exactly :goodpost:

I am following her on facebook though to see how others are doing. And to see if I can gleam a few nuggets of wisdom from her that way.

GME 11-04-2013 08:46 PM

I just stumbled across the book on Amazon. I am intrigued because I battle some skin issues that seem to be systemic rather than topical and sometimes bloat like crazy for no apparent reason.

I downloaded the sample of the book to my Kindle so I can check it out risk free.

snowangel9 11-05-2013 11:09 AM

I haven't heard of this plan. Some of the main triggers for sensitivities are wheat, sugar, dairy and soy. You could try eliminating those one at a time and see what it could be.

My daughter and I did a three weeks detox (Martha's vineyard). We found out she was gluten intolerant and allergic to annatto. That's what they use to make cheese yellow. The nice thing about the detox was the reintroduction of the foods. You knew right away what it was...

I can't see how adding sugar of all things would be good for you...