Old 01-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EZ35
Stats: 319/296/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 15 2013
Uncomfortably Full

Hey fellow low carbers,

I am about a week into this way of eating and I am really full all day. I barely can eat anything. I wanted to change my eating habits and break my food addiction but I never thought I would not want to eat anything.

Is this normal and will it subside?
EZ35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Yes, it's normal. When you don't eat carbs, you lose the food cravings and have less appetite.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muncheechee
Stats: 261/235/145 (5'6")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/14/14
totally normal. I find that I have some days that I just don't care to eat much and occasionally there will be a day where all I seem to want to do is eat. Overall though, being in ketosis does lessen most people's appetite.

Last edited by muncheechee; 01-20-2013 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: stupid auto correct
muncheechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
normal, that is why this LC is fab. it is wonderful not to be starving all the time
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ35 View Post
Hey fellow low carbers,

I am about a week into this way of eating and I am really full all day. I barely can eat anything. I wanted to change my eating habits and break my food addiction but I never thought I would not want to eat anything.

Normal!

Except!

When you say 'uncomfortably full' do you mean that your meal sits like a lump in your gut type thing? Or it feels like it is stuck just above your stomach?

If that is what you are experiencing then you may have an issue with low stomach acid. You can find out real easy if low stomach acid is responsible by drinking some ACV (apple cider vineger) diluted in water. Google 'low stomach acid ACV' and you'll get lots of hits on how to do it and the details of it.

This type thing become apparent if you suddenly increase the fat or protein in your meal like with LC.

reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EZ35
Stats: 319/296/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 15 2013
addict.ryd to hear that it is normal. I am just used to eating everything in sight and always craving food that here I am waking up every morning not wanting eat.

@reddarin: I don't have any stomach pains or bloating, just not uesd to this feeling being a food addict.
EZ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessieBear
Stats: (218) 192/150/150 5'6"
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: 12/28/12
Quote:
Hey fellow low carbers,

Yes, sugar and wheat cause cravings for more sugar and wheat. For my first 5 days, I had to force myself to eat.

You may also notice that "hungry" feel different than "craving". The latter is more a tummy grumble where the former is calmer and less urgent.

Good luck!
JessieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Best to stop eating before you hit uncomfortably full - eat until your hunger is satisfied and go by those cues. Especially in the beginning ketosis can really keep appetite at bay. But long term it all evens out. Enjoy the satiety as long as you can, provided you're still getting in your basic nourishment throughout the day. With Atkins, that means I wouldn't skimp on some eggs fried in butter (or other complete protein and fat combo) and the salad requirements, even if I couldn't eat anything else during the day
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
addict.ryd to hear that it is normal. I am just used to eating everything in sight and always craving food that here I am waking up every morning not wanting eat.

@reddarin: I don't have any stomach pains or bloating, just not uesd to this feeling being a food addict.
I hear ya. Have you read Wheat Belly? Dr. Davis describes a 2 hour hunger roller coaster that fit me to a T. I always ate something a couple of hours after dinner. I almost always ate something a couple hours later while reading before going to sleep.

Even after over a year of that being absent I still revel in not being compelled to eat something.

reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote