Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   How much coffee? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794880-how-much-coffee.html)

avid 01-19-2013 02:06 PM

How much coffee?

After the lovely people here at LCF suggested trying HWC in coffee, I find that I can't get enough.
I always enjoyed a cup in the morning, but except for an occassional cup after dinner that was usually it.
Now, it's usually two cups in the morning a cup after dinner and lately a second cup in the evening. So I went from one to three and now coming up on four a day.
I was wondering how much coffee other LCF'ers were drinking.

coffeeandcream 01-19-2013 02:26 PM

I drink about a pot of coffee a day. I use half and half. It is a lot of carbs and calories, but it's worth it to me. :)

rubidoux 01-19-2013 02:45 PM

If I'm home I often drink a pot with HWC. Lately I've been having one cup with all the HWC I want (this is a large cup with probably 3T of HWC) and for the rest I try to put in just a tiny bit of cream. On weekdays I've been studying at Starbucks and I have a diet coke at home and then one venti sized coffee w HWC and then one venti w HWC and 4 pumps of sugar free mocha syrup, which is a very yummy treat, imo.

nolcjunk 01-19-2013 02:47 PM

One or two cups a day.

Be careful with hwc in coffee- it can be quite a calorie bomb, especially for those of us at goal.

marieze 01-19-2013 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine so I have my coffee maker set to 4 cups of coffee and I believe on the drip maker 6 oz. is considered a cup. That said, I fill my stainless steel mug up once in the morning and drag it with me all day and that's all I have. I think it's a few cups total.

Hairy Mom 01-19-2013 03:48 PM

What is hwc?

rubidoux 01-19-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Mom (Post 16206794)
What is hwc?

heavy whipping cream -- it's very low in carbs, has no chemically ingredients, and is insanely yummy in coffee

Hairy Mom 01-19-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubidoux (Post 16206822)
heavy whipping cream -- it's very low in carbs, has no chemically ingredients, and is insanely yummy in coffee

Sounds yummy! Thanks:)

Strawberry 01-19-2013 04:19 PM

There is some literature out there that caffeine in coffee will spike insulin... Some people on here seem to find that it true.... others on this board slurp coffee like water and never have that problem. I think its a "your milage may vary" issue. If you are doing fine on the diet with your 3 cups a day... well, if it aint broke dont fix it!

I have a roughly 16 oz cup of coffee a couple times a week (not every day). I use milk, because I'm in maintenance so calories from cream are a problem for me. I tolerate the few extra carbs ok, and like getting a little extra protein and calcium from the milk.

avid 01-19-2013 05:25 PM

Oddly enough I lost 2 pounds when I switched from half n half to hwc.
I haven't gained back any weight with the extra cup or so a day.
I was just wondering what the folks here did when it came to java

sya_unit 01-19-2013 07:43 PM

I drink 1 or 2 in the morning and switch to decaf in the evening or decaf tea. I love coffee with hwc in it too. It is so filling, I consider it breakfast. In the summer I drink it iced. which is awesome too. But I do tend to switch to the coconut milk after my first cup. It isn't nearly as rich and creamy, but I can't risk the calories or carbs. And coconut milk is 1 carb a cup.

Meli-Mel 01-19-2013 09:36 PM

I drink one cup a day, first thing in the morning, with either 1/2 and 1/2 or hwc.

I used to drink a cappucino in the morning, but switched to coffee due to the high sugar content. I've never been a coffee drinker and although it's still not my favorite, I tolerate it as I really enjoy something warm to drink in the morning and I don't care for tea.

Tracy0821 01-19-2013 09:50 PM

is heavy whipping cream in same area with half ad half?

avid 01-20-2013 06:20 AM

Yes, hwc is found right along side half and half in my local wal mart dairy case.
I decided to limit myself to two cups a day most days.
Just another personal commitment that should help keep me on track.

lterry913 01-20-2013 08:42 AM

I also love my coffee with hwc or half and half...I have a big cup in morning and occasionally one in afternoon...I have to limit after dinner coffee or have decaf because I am wired and can't get to sleep...not good if you have to get up at 4 am.:(...I have not encountered any negatives and have consumed coffee since I started this woe. I do know others may have different results though.

I have my morning coffee with hwc and coconut oil and blend in magic bullet blender...kinda like a latte, foamy and creamy and yum...this is often breakfast for me.

Patkid 01-20-2013 08:54 AM

I drink A LOT of coffee.
I only allow myself to have it w/ HWC if I am subbing for a meal.
Fortunately I love it so much that black is fine for me.