Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   It's SATURDAY! What Are You Eating Today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794826-its-saturday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Amber_Baby 01-19-2013 05:53 AM

It's SATURDAY! What Are You Eating Today?

Morning all. The snow is coming down very slowly and finely now but plenty has settled. I'm supposed to be going out tonight but can't decide whether it's too risky or not.

Darkginger, thank you for the aubergine parmigiana recipe, I'm definitely going to give that a try and have a smallish portion alongside some extra protein. :)

Breakfast: Two eggs scrambled in butter with smoked salmon, lemon juice and black pepper and a coffee with double cream and dulce de leche da vinci.

Lunch: Chicken mini fillets with lettuce, cucumber, orange pepper, avocado and mayonnaise.

Dinner: Rib eye steak with a black pepper cream sauce and buttered asparagus.

Snacks: Peperami, babybel if needed.

Plus at least two litres of water and a berocca.

Patkid 01-19-2013 06:33 AM

B: scrambled eggs cooked in a bit of bacon fat/ browned bacon crumbles
L: roasted chix thigh
D: Salad w/ buttery garlicy shrimp on top
Doing lots better on water and plan to continue that trend. I did not make my second pot of coffee yesterday.

clackley 01-19-2013 07:03 AM

Good morning!! The weather forecasters are calling for rain today and that makes me happy!!:) It will all change tomorrow.:sad:

coffee/hwc x 2 and 1 vco
bacon (2) and 1 egg
homemade organic chicken broth with 1 savory roll and 1 pat of butter
Asian inspired pork salad (thank you Limetwist)

TOTALS: 8g net carbs 92g fat 57g protein

Julie1972 01-19-2013 08:16 AM

Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy (cooked in bacon fat), bacon
Lunch: salad with cucumber, salami, cheese, ranch dressing
Dinner: Red Lobster (Lord, grant me the strength to avoid the cheddar biscuits!!!) steak and grilled shrimp

Snacks: pork rinds, cheese sticks

princessmommy 01-19-2013 09:16 AM

Morning! Busy day here!
Breakfast- 3 coffees w/ hwc. 1 lc bar from Aldis (2 carbs)
Lunch- 5 Hot wings, water
Supper- Either Ham with Green beans Or tilipa with Green beans. Water!

melisa82 01-19-2013 11:51 AM

Today is a semi-fasting day (1000 calories):

B: Instant Coffee w/SFV and HWC
L: Water. Maybe An Americano w/Steamed HH
D: Shredded Beef w/2 Fried Eggs Over Easy and 2oz Cheese

IWILLDOIT1978 01-19-2013 12:35 PM

Breakfast - 3 servings of bacon and 2 fried eggs
Snack - pecans and sugar free water
Lunch - 2 fried eggs ans 2 celery stalk with cream cheese or maybe chicken with the celery
Dinner - tuna salad and water

Lots and lots of water for me

Darkginger 01-19-2013 01:22 PM

Glad you saw the recipe there Amber :) Do try it, it's really tasty.

Fed up and bored here - snow is still out there, so my cousin and husband have cancelled coming out with us for Sunday lunch tomorrow, but Dad and I are going anyway. I really need to get out for a few hours, have been stuck in this flat for over a week! Have so far managed to avoid comfort eating, and am still off the booze - though very tempted by the copious amounts in the kitchen! Anyway, today's food:

Breakfast
2 pints black coffee, no sweeteners

Lunch
2 fried duck eggs
4 rashers smoked bacon

Snack
2 hardboiled eggs
Tuna mayonnaise
Lettuce

Dinner
Beef stroganoff
Broccoli with butter

Cryssi 01-19-2013 07:29 PM

B: nothing
L: 2 bunless hot dogs at Costco
D: Rotisserie chicken, broccoli, salad

Shimmer 01-19-2013 07:37 PM

B: coffee w/cream
L: meat, cheese & veggies picked off a Subway sandwich at a b'day party
D: chef's salad w/blue cheese dressing

canadiangirl 01-19-2013 08:16 PM

B- homemade l/c granola with 1/4 c almond milk, 2 lg coffees with cream
L- 2 sausages and a bowl of cauliflower leek soup, 3 cups of water
D- egg salad rolled in 2 ham slices, 3 cups water
S- 1/4 c trail mix, 2 clemintine oranges

socaligirl714 01-19-2013 08:47 PM

b- monster biscuit sandwich from Carls. Minus the biscuit & coffee with HWC
L- hot wings
D- Baked chicken and green beans with butter & Parmesan cheese

Meli-Mel 01-19-2013 10:13 PM

B: coffee w/ hwc
L: ind supreme pizza- toppings only
S: 2 egg muffins, macadamia nuts
D: Avocado
S: pepperoni chips, greek yogurt

LoveLowCarbs 01-19-2013 11:07 PM

Beep Beep, Toot Toot, Aaaooogaaa! Just had to toot my own horn!
O.K. brunch was just a 3 egg, bacon & pepper jack cheese omelet w/a side of sausage.
But.....for dinner, just call it early Valentine's Day:
A WOVEN bacon wrapped peppercorn pork tenderloin ( my local W/D has a great 5 for $20. sale on 1lb. pks of bacon & pork tenderloins, mix or match)
Actually took before & after pics but, I'm just a "lurker" and use all of your ideas but rarely post because I can't really type & don't know how to post photos.
Roasted garlic mashed cauliflower w/fresh chives, french cut green beans w/sauteed shallot & topped w/ toasted almond slices. Amazing! But the shining star was a blackberry cheesecake for dessert. It is my "tweaked" LC version of my deceased Mother's ancient "company" cheesecake hers used sugar & she always topped it w/a can of cherry pie filling. I have been sharing this recipe w/ my "normal food" friends for years I owe this to all of you for all of the ideas you've given me!
Mother's Cheesecake
2) 8oz pks of cream cheese (room temp)
2/3 cup Splenda
3 eggs (room temp)
1/2 tsp.vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cooking spray a 9 inch pyrex pie plate, place a cake pan 1/4 full of water on bottom rack of oven, place 2nd oven rack just above the bottom rack.
Beat cream cheese & vanilla w/hand mixer untill smooth, add sugar sub. and eggs, beat untill fluffy & smooth, pour into greased pie plate. Bake (above pan of water) for 30-35 min. (it will rise & fall, no worries, just follow directions)
at 350 degrees, take out & cool on rack for 20- 30 min. While cooking take 1 cup of sour cream 3 tbs sugar sub & mix well, pour on top of cooled cheesecake & put back in 350 degree oven for ten minutes, waaalaaa Delicious low carb cheesecake "failproof"
BUT.....this is where I get creative...the day before, I take a container of raspberries or (this time) BLACKBERRIES (also on sale at W/D for $2.) in small saucepan, smash each berry individually (yes, I do have a lot of free time, I'm retired) with a fork, add sugar sub to taste, cook down, then strain (saving "liquid juice" for blackberry "syrup" for belgium waffles tomorrow AM) take the fruity goop (we don't mind the seeds) and mix w/ your sourcream mixture THEN top cooled cheesecake with that and put back in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes! Ha, I think I am in Heaven, thanks Ma!!!! I usually let cheesecake cool completely, like all day, cut 8 equal slices and carefully remove two for dessert that night before refridgerating the rest.
Sorry, but I'm an experimental cook and don't really have "recipes" or measure anything so it is hard to tell somone else "how I did it" Thank my Mother "rest her soul" for this one, she did have it written down.
Best Wishes & ENJOY!!!
That goes for ALL the finer things in life!

clackley 01-20-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveLowCarbs (Post 16207292)
Beep Beep, Toot Toot, Aaaooogaaa! Just had to toot my own horn!
O.K. brunch was just a 3 egg, bacon & pepper jack cheese omelet w/a side of sausage.
But.....for dinner, just call it early Valentine's Day:
A WOVEN bacon wrapped peppercorn pork tenderloin ( my local W/D has a great 5 for $20. sale on 1lb. pks of bacon & pork tenderloins, mix or match)
Actually took before & after pics but, I'm just a "lurker" and use all of your ideas but rarely post because I can't really type & don't know how to post photos.
Roasted garlic mashed cauliflower w/fresh chives, french cut green beans w/sauteed shallot & topped w/ toasted almond slices. Amazing! But the shining star was a blackberry cheesecake for dessert. It is my "tweaked" LC version of my deceased Mother's ancient "company" cheesecake hers used sugar & she always topped it w/a can of cherry pie filling. I have been sharing this recipe w/ my "normal food" friends for years I owe this to all of you for all of the ideas you've given me!
Mother's Cheesecake
2) 8oz pks of cream cheese (room temp)
2/3 cup Splenda
3 eggs (room temp)
1/2 tsp.vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cooking spray a 9 inch pyrex pie plate, place a cake pan 1/4 full of water on bottom rack of oven, place 2nd oven rack just above the bottom rack.
Beat cream cheese & vanilla w/hand mixer untill smooth, add sugar sub. and eggs, beat untill fluffy & smooth, pour into greased pie plate. Bake (above pan of water) for 30-35 min. (it will rise & fall, no worries, just follow directions)
at 350 degrees, take out & cool on rack for 20- 30 min. While cooking take 1 cup of sour cream 3 tbs sugar sub & mix well, pour on top of cooled cheesecake & put back in 350 degree oven for ten minutes, waaalaaa Delicious low carb cheesecake "failproof"
BUT.....this is where I get creative...the day before, I take a container of raspberries or (this time) BLACKBERRIES (also on sale at W/D for $2.) in small saucepan, smash each berry individually (yes, I do have a lot of free time, I'm retired) with a fork, add sugar sub to taste, cook down, then strain (saving "liquid juice" for blackberry "syrup" for belgium waffles tomorrow AM) take the fruity goop (we don't mind the seeds) and mix w/ your sourcream mixture THEN top cooled cheesecake with that and put back in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes! Ha, I think I am in Heaven, thanks Ma!!!! I usually let cheesecake cool completely, like all day, cut 8 equal slices and carefully remove two for dessert that night before refridgerating the rest.
Sorry, but I'm an experimental cook and don't really have "recipes" or measure anything so it is hard to tell somone else "how I did it" Thank my Mother "rest her soul" for this one, she did have it written down.
Best Wishes & ENJOY!!!
That goes for ALL the finer things in life!

Wow, that sounds like a fabulous meal. Thank you for sharing the cheesecake recipe. I have cut and pasted it into my file!

sloppail 01-20-2013 08:31 AM

Sounds yummmy