Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   How will this Spring/Summer be different for you? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794813-how-will-spring-summer-different-you.html)

NoSugarGrandma 01-18-2013 05:29 PM

How will this Spring/Summer be different for you?

Iam going to start riding my bike again !! At 5'2" and egg-shaped I would fall off the bike at even a slow pace. At 224 #--my big butt was not something pretty with all the overhang!! Scared my grandkids a few summers back when I tried to ride with them. They said I looked like a cartoon character when I fell off the bike at a slower speed. I am amazed at how much more balance I have since dropping the weight. This is like an added bonus to someone my age--at 62. I cant believe I am actually looking forward to outside exercise! This ia a delightful first! Wish our Minnesota winter would hurry up and leave. Hey maybe if I am able to drop another 20# by summer--I could actually think about swimming in one of the ten thousand lakes we are known for. But I just can't picture myself in a bathing suit--too bad we cant dress like they did in the bathing costumes of the 1920's!! Hey also thanks to all of you who post on a regular basis. I would not have lost this weight without reading this forum every day. I am finally comming out of the "lurking closet" and will try to be a part of this great community. I have been a success for 14 months because of the faithfulness of those who post.

shelby'snana 01-18-2013 06:14 PM

WTG Grandma !! You are doing so great ! :)

princessmommy 01-18-2013 06:36 PM

I was just thinking about getting a bike today! I used to Love to ride and since both my kids have bikes it'd be fun to get one too and ride with them. I can't wait to get a new swimsuit this yr since when I tried my old one on the other day it was to big and baggy! Yay!! I want to get some cute sun dresses too since I haven't worn one in about 20 yrs!

SlowMovingWoman 01-18-2013 11:59 PM

Hoping by the time warm weather get's here I will be able to wear
all those smaller sizes boxed up in my closet. Also with the mall
walking I'm doing to be in at least a bit better shape.

unna 01-19-2013 12:35 AM

NoSugarGrandma: The 1920's bathing suits are actually coming back into style!

This summer, I'd like to enjoy the seasonal fruit here in Northern Europe! Yes, I'm planning on experimenting by increasing my carbs (1-2 fruits per day) and decreasing my fat in the warm weather (like our ancestors, the natural time for humans to eat more carbs).

And do a lot of hiking and sweating everyday .... maybe take a trip to the beach with my husband for some sun!

Darkginger 01-19-2013 03:13 AM

I can't wait for better weather! I got an electric bike (you still pedal, but it helps out with hills) back in August, and there's nothing better than going out on it, armed with camera, and sailing down all the little country lanes we have, looking for good photo-ops. This year I'll be able to wear T-shirts without a big cover-up cardigan/jacket over them - also looking forward to exposing a bit more than usual on the beach!

Right now I feel full of pent-up energy looking for an outlet - it'll be so good to get out there and walk, bike, swim my way to better fitness, without over-heating 'cos I'm swathed in 'hide the fat' clothes :D

Trigger828 01-19-2013 04:42 AM

WAY TO GO! Biking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors.

we bike alot also. we own a 5th wheel camper and hit the road constantly on trips. we bring the bikes and it is just so much fun to enjoy biking in new places and see new things.

get in that bathing suit!! swimming is another top fun for me. we hit the beach alot. pools at the campgrounds. lakes, rivers and all of it. I couldn't live without swimming in my life!

At a certain age you get a pass. You know....I am 51. while not a supermodel body by any means, when I lose my weight I will take my 'old lady' pass and use it to get into any bathing suit and not give one darn thought about what I look like. I am out to enjoy life and if it requires a bathing suit than so be it. The people that see me in a bathing suit I will never see again probably. They aren't going to take a pic and splash it on the Enquirer saying 'look at that backside' on this lady HAHA And no one says anything to any older person in a bathing suit. And (while this might sound a bit showupmanship to others) I won't be the worst one out there in a bathing suit either :)

Plus your grandkids would love being take to a lake to swim for the day. they would enjoy it so much. a bathing suit shouldn't stop that and your weight loss is wonderful so flaunt it!!

JMacB 01-19-2013 05:17 AM

I am going to ski this summer. I haven't in years, but I used to be really good and I realized that as I get thinner and increase arm strength, this summer I'll be able to ski, and teach my son, too. He's seven and doesn't know how but I think he will be amazing at it.

This also means that I'll be in a bathing suit without being ashamed. Hard to believe.

nolcjunk 01-19-2013 07:02 AM

My goal is to do 10 pullups. My arms are pretty weak and I've been working on this already but that's just something that would really make me really happy.

I've been at goal for a few years now and the summer is probably the best time to reap rewards for losing weight, so I hope all of us get to do whatever we plan to do this summer.