LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Just confirms why LC is best for me!

I had surgery Dec 27th, came home the next day. I had Planned to staying LC even in the hospital and at home afterwards. I even told the nurse at admissions about dietary restrictions, no sugar, flour or grains. Well they didn't listen! Supper that night in hospital was a full sugar sprite, breaded chicken patty, mashes potatoes and mixed veggies- corn, peas, carrots. I managed in my drug induced stupor to scrape off as much breading as I could and ate a bit of the chicken and drank water. Breakfast was Nasty fake eggs with a biscuit and coffee. At home though it was hard for me because even though i'd tried to prepare I couldn't cook for myself and my Awesome DH can't cook much Lol. So I ended up eatting sandwiches With the bread, chips with cheese dip etc. Ugh felt Horrible afterwards! Plus my Exema came back Full force! I get it on my hands which is an embarrasing place to get it! Plus More bloating in an already bloated stomach. My hands are clear and pretty again now that i'm back on LC! Even my fingernails that used to look awful before LC are growing and look nice.
So not only does LC help me lose weight and Keep it off it helps with my skin, nails and digestive problems! Gotta say HC junk is So not for me anymore!

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meli-Mel
Stats: 190/182/150
Start Date: September 24, 2012
I couldn't agree more! Had a baaaddd holiday season and the result was major breakouts on my face. Now that I'm back to LC, my face is clearing up nicely.
Meli-Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lowfatmybutt
Stats: 236/196/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 1, 2011
I know how you feel! I have been screwing up the last 3 months and finally got back on track yesterday. Only one day down and I can tell I already feel so much better. Alot of it is mental but I know the physical well being is around the corner. I never feel better than when I do low carb. Thank you Dr. A!!
lowfatmybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
wow they really fed you total junk. that meal sounds horrible.

good reminder tho...be sure to make food that hubby can bring to hospital if I ever get stuck in one LOL

you are right. the wrong foods create all kinds of problems for the body. Glad you are finally clearing up and getting better.

LC ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
I'm the same way! I went off plan between Christmas and honestly, like last week My eczema flared up like crazy. But, now that I've been back on for almost a week, the clearing is amazing! No itchy hands or anything. I need to remind myself of this frequently!
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamara
Stats: 275/258/130
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Totally agree! I have IBS really bad. But on Atkins my symptoms vanish. Once I start eating badly the symptoms are back almost immediately.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm Praying that That was the last surgery I ever have to have! But i've learned a valuable lesson in being more prepared though! If (God forbid) i'm ever laid up again like that i'll pre-make and freeze some meals like I should have this time!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
If you have to go to the hospital again refuse the junk food they bring. I've done that before when my requests before meals were ignored. They eventually bring what you request. I am not willing to eat junk for their convenience.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flappa1016
Stats: 320/245/150
WOE: Started on Atkins; transitioned to Primal
Start Date: September 2010
That is just criminal. I would have sent it back and probably sent my hubby out to get me some real food! The 2 hospitals here that family members have frequented no longer use the one-size fits all menu, nor do you have to eat at set times. They now have room service menus and you call during certain hours and they bring the food to you. They even have lobster on the menu.

I'm sure the costs are being built into the bill somewhere, lol!
flappa1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: marieze
Stats: 376/199/180
WOE: My way low carb!
Start Date: July 11th 2003
I can relate! I had a total knee replacement on Dec. 10th and was in the hospital for 3 nights then 10 nights at an orthopedic rehab center. Neither one could get it right! At the hospital I told them to make me bacon/eggs or sausages. They did and had to remove the first tray and bring me a new one.

It was bad at the rehab and in 10 days NEVER ate one of their meals! I took coconut oil with me and had that in my coffee for breakfast and then had friends bring in food and even things for them to prepare. Friends brought tuna, chicken salad, sf jello....I had brought a huge bag of macadamia nuts and other things. Plus with the pain meds I wasn't really that hungry anyway.

But princess, isn't it amazing what crap they feed to people who are trying to get well!

I hope that you are recovering well!

Marieze
marieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marize I was just wondering how you were doing after your knee surgery! Hope you're doing good!! I think if i'd been more coherent and not so doped up on pain meds I would have asked for something differant. Thankfully I was out the next day Lol.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: marieze
Stats: 376/199/180
WOE: My way low carb!
Start Date: July 11th 2003
I'm doing great now that I dumped that old, arthritic knee and got a new titanium one

I'm glad you didn't have to stay too long in the hospital and eat the carbage they tried feeding you!

Marieze
marieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
So glad to hear you got back to LC! And I hope it's your last surgery as well. A pity hospitals aren't geared towards better food choices!
I just had a revelation. I had eczema on my upper arms forever, not super bad, but it got worse in the winter, when I read your post I realized mine isn't there anymore lol. I don't know when it disappeared within the last few months of being LC apparently Happy to hear yours has cleared again too!
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
Start Date: August (this time around)
My hubby had TWO total knees done a year and half ago (he is doing great, bst thing he ever did, he says..)

Anyway, he has T2 diabetes. Instead of feeding him LC, they just shot him up with insulin (he is not on insulin otherwise). I was roayally PO'd because it was totally for their convenience, they even admitted as much! GRR.

Hope you are recovering well.
tymom is offline   Reply With Quote