Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Thanks, Taco Bell (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794717-thanks-taco-bell.html)

LoriWants2Lose 01-17-2013 06:17 PM

Thanks, Taco Bell

Went through the drive through and got a diet pepsi and they gave me regular. Grrr. I threw it out of course, but I'd already had a couple of sips and then another small one when I realized it tasted very sweet to try to determine if it was diet or not.

Going to eat a fat bomb and hope my blood sugar doesn't sky rocket. I'm sure this will set up insane cravings for me, but more worried about my blood sugars.

sassy40 01-18-2013 08:00 AM

I am always worried they wont give me diet.

PianoAl 01-18-2013 08:04 AM

I worry whether I would notice the difference. I should do a side-by-side comparison so that I will know in the future.

I'm not sure sweetness would work, since that depends on exactly how the machine mixed the syrup and seltzer.

coffeelover 01-18-2013 08:11 AM

The Jimmy John's drive-thru by my house do this frequently. I've started confirming it with them when I get to the food window.

BTW, what are you eating from Taco Bell?

ab1ht 01-18-2013 08:14 AM

Ah, Taco Bell... when Ex-Lax just isn't enough.

First rule of eating out. Never, ever, go through the drive through. Ever.

Hope you're feeling better.

Meli-Mel 01-18-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab1ht (Post 16204008)

:hyst:

Trigger828 01-18-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab1ht (Post 16204008)

First rule of eating out. Never, ever, go through the drive through. Ever.

Hope you're feeling better.

:hyst:

hubby loves taco bell, I say YUCK and more YUCK

nolcjunk 01-18-2013 10:01 AM

Getting water with meals is an easy way to solve this problem.

giJ 01-18-2013 10:29 AM

I try the drink before I drive away, just for that reason.

Hopefully, the few sips didn't do too much damage!

sya_unit 01-18-2013 12:06 PM

Ick. I had to open the thread because I was just bragging to some of my friends that it had been over a year since I had been to Taco Hell. I am laughing at the ex-lax comment. So true. There isn't anything I'd eat from Taco Bell. Sorry! I switched from drinking diet pop to iced tea at the first of the year. Seemed like a good choice. Plus I work for "red" and not "blue" so many times I'd order a Diet Coke and they'd say is Pepsi okay and I'd have to say no. LOL. Tea is perfect. Plain for me. I'll add stevia if I want.

evas 01-18-2013 01:34 PM

I love taco bell, and I live in San Diego where there are hundreds of really tasty, authentic mexican restaurants! I don't go to taco bell often but I still really like their food (and let's face it, their food is pretty crappy). The flavors hold some fond memories for me (it was the ONLY mexican food where I grew up in VT) :p Their Volcano Taco and their Beefy Potato Burrito (with added Volcano Cheese Sauce) were always my absolute favorites! I've never liked soda my whole life so I always order unsweetened iced tea from there (or any fast food restaurant I stop at).

In all honesty, it's really just as quick to park your car, walk inside and order your stuff to go. Actually, sometimes it's quicker because there is a line for the drive through and not at the counter inside. Plus, you get to walk a little bit so really it's a win/win situation. And Then you get your own soda at the fountain so you KNOW it's diet.

Amber_Baby 01-18-2013 01:43 PM

The only drive through I go to is McDonalds and you can see the fizzy machine from the window so you can watch them make your drink. I that weren't the case, I'd just park up and go inside instead, it's not worth the risk.

Lori37 01-19-2013 07:00 AM

One thing I have learned over the years is to confirm. And to phrase it a certain way.
Don't say "is this diet?" Because they will say yes no matte what.
But to ask "And what is this?" And they are more likely to tell you what they put in the cup. I've caught several mistakes this way!