LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
One weak moment......

This is day 17 for me and up until now I have been doing great. Today i cheated. I've been keeping my carb level under 20 per day and I lost 12 lbs. I lost all 12 lbs. in the first 8 days so I've been getting a little discouraged at being stalled at the same weight for over a week. I have also been exercising every day. For lunch today we went to a BBQ restaurant and I had planned on just eating meat (this place doesn't offer salads). Before I could stop myself I ordered a pulled pork sandwich with Mac-n-cheese and baked beans (my usual order for this place). I then proceeded to eat every last bite. I am so mad at myself now! My stomach hurts, I have no energy and I'm a bit nauseous. My body isn't happy with me right now! The short happiness I felt while eating was NOT worth this sick feeling and the frustration I now have with myself! It really didn't even taste as good as I thought it would! The beans were way too sweet and the Mac-n-cheese was bland. I screwed up! I plan to fast the rest of the day, exercise a little longer tonight and pray this is a one time loss of judgment. I will get back on that horse tomorrow!!!
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z-Baby
Stats: 227/217/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10/14/2013
Get back on the horse tonight! Don't beat yourself up. Slip ups happen. But don't wait until tomorrow to get back on the horse...that is where you can really mess yourself up.
Z-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I won't be eating anything else today! I still feel sick. That's why I said I would get back on that horse tomorrow! :-)
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
12 pounds in 8 days is a lot of weight to lose quickly. Your body is probably just adjusting. So, get back on the horse, and be consistent. The weight will come off.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Hang in there Julie and try not to beat yourself up too much...be kind to yourself What's done is done and no sense worrying about it any longer. Tomorrow you will be back at it. The next time you even think about wanting to stray and eat something you shouldnt, just remember how you felt this time. Make this slip up a positive by learning from it as it sounds like you already have. There is now way you will gain all that weight back by just this one slip up...just be sure to drink plenty of water and you will probably start feeling better after your workou this evening
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meli-Mel
Stats: 190/182/150
Start Date: September 24, 2012
Get back at it right now. Don't consider the day lost and binge on carbs; don't let one meal derail all the progress you have made. Back on the horse!
Meli-Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Just hugs for you, dear!
I am on day 2. I am so proud of your 17 days. Let's focus on what you have going right!!
Many days on plan, a great loss and lots of LC days ahead.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I believe we've All been there sweetie. I Know I have! I agree w/ whoever said to remember how you feel right now the next time you feel like cheating. That nasty bloated nasous feeling is So not worth it.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: someonelikeyou
Start Date: Re-Start January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Baby View Post
Get back on the horse tonight! Don't beat yourself up. Slip ups happen. But don't wait until tomorrow to get back on the horse...that is where you can really mess yourself up.
I agree. Change course right now, and don't dwell on it!
someonelikeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: omgtwins
Start Date: Dec 31, 2012 (cause it was Monday)doing this again
I know that stalls tend to really make it difficult to stick to Atkins - it's been my downfall on far too many occasions but let me explain what might be going on and why measuring is so important.
Losing weight is fantastic - but can you imagine losing weight and your body not adjusting to keep up with the loss? So you will see a balance taking place when you dont lose weight - you wont see it on the scale but you will see it on your measuring tape.
It's why it is so important to measure every month because that scale going down might be a great thing, but the measuring tape going down is your clothing size going down.
Neck, upper arms, thighs and waist is probably where you want to measure - make that as exciting as that damn scale some of us are addicted to!
You can do this!

Jennifer 218.6/203.6/160
omgtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flappa1016
Stats: 320/245/150
WOE: Started on Atkins; transitioned to Primal
Start Date: September 2010
What everyone else said, lol. I lost 65 lbs in 14 months, and then didn't lose another pound for exactly one year While I was tempted to go off plan on many occasions (and I sometimes did!) I made sure to go right back on plan the next day.

On the positive side, while I wasn't losing any weight that year, I did go down in clothes size. I never took any measurements, so I couldn't compare but still, smaller clothes are great.
flappa1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Appreciate the support and recommendations! Hopefully this lapse in judgment will make me stronger to withstand temptation in the future. I know I don't want to feel like that again! It's so nice to have this forum where we can all help each other and learn from each other's mistakes and success stories!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowmop
Stats: 113/89/90 4' 10" 67 yrs old
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Long, long ago!
Be glad that it didn't even taste as good as you remembered! Remember THAT next time you're tempted!!
snowmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriWants2Lose
Stats: 228.6/192/155
Start Date: October 12, 2012
I plan in occasional and limited cheats (very occasional). The best thing you can do is to have a high protein/fat snack tonight. It will help balance your blood sugar and you may have less cravings tomorrow. Examples:

Piece of cheese
lunch meat with a bit of extra virgin olive oil drizzled on
olives and piece of meat
etc.

It's normal to mess up. It is how you handle the mess up that gives you the end results. Take it from someone who messed up a lot of times and let it derail her. Don't fall into the trap of restarting tomorrow, Monday, etc.

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Oscar Wilde

First goal: Onederland - reached Dec. 2012
Next goal: 180s (not been there in 15 years!)
Final goal: 155 (within the healthy range for 5'7")
LoriWants2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
When I first started last April, I promised myself that I wouldn't cheat AT ALL for at least thirty days because that's how long it takes to establish a new habit. It was the best feeling in the world to have actually accomplished my first goal. After that first month, I treat myself once per month to a serving of fries or some popcorn. It helps the rest of the month go by without having a meltdown
I went off plan for the last three months of 2012 for several different reasons that I won't go into. The good part is that when I resumed LCing on Dec 26th, I didn't have any problems getting back to it.
I guess my point is this: Make yourself a promise that you will stick with it for that first 30 days. You are worth it!!! Good luck on your journey and welcome to the boards!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sya_unit
Stats: 254/184/140
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: Jan 3, 2012
aww. My tummy hurts for you. But drink your water. Tomorrow will be better. Expect to go up for a day or two, and be back down by Monday. Look at it this way: you are in this for the long haul okay. One screw up will slow you down, but it won't derail you. Put your spurs on and ride on!!
sya_unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Actually in a small way you NEEDED THIS TO HAPPEN.

now you know the difference. you feel horrible right? bloated. icky. sluggish. all that mess that goes with that food.

so it is good for you to know this because early in the LC game you have experienced what it is like to backtrack. it happens to most everyone. to see what the food is like that we gave up!!

Don't get upset. Seriously. Because you learned. We learn from mistakes. The key is to act on this mistake in a positive manner....then you come out ahead.

Congrats on that weight loss.

and take some measurements. Your scale might not move for a bit but those inches are coming off truly!!!

And this mistake will make you stronger!!!

edited to say---my hubby loves those BBQ places also. I do not go. ONLY because they don't have ONE piece of lettuce in the joint I tell him to go with the guys or with my kiddo but I am not going cause there is not enough for me to eat a meal.

Don't go there again find restaurants that can cater to your needs. like a big old delish salad lol

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-18-2013 at 12:39 PM..
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thanks much everyone! I am motivated to not let it happen again! Surprisingly I didn't gain! :-)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
don't be surprised if you do tomorrow or the next day.
because meals sometimes don't show up immediately on the scale. who knows why? lol

I don't but then they get ya. hang in there!! it will all go away and stay on track.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappa1016 View Post
What everyone else said, lol. I lost 65 lbs in 14 months, and then didn't lose another pound for exactly one year While I was tempted to go off plan on many occasions (and I sometimes did!) I made sure to go right back on plan the next day.

On the positive side, while I wasn't losing any weight that year, I did go down in clothes size. I never took any measurements, so I couldn't compare but still, smaller clothes are great.
I had a similar experience! I lost about 65 pounds in a year and a half or so, and then BAM!! Stall...My body would just NOT lose anymore. I tried tweaking about a million times. Tried JUDDD (3 times!), fat fasting, met and egg fast, everything...the scale would not budge permanently (I would lose 5 pounds and it would come back in a day or two and stick again). I never gave up and kept it low carb...and then this fall, I tried cutting my calories and protein a little and...there you go, the scale started moving again! Sure, it goes slowly now, but I am getting close to goal (about 16 pounds away now...if I even decide to go that low!). But yes, it can get discouraging...but sometimes the body needs a rest to adjust to such radical changes!

Give it time, be patient, and never give up!