Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I am DONE fooling around. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794589-i-am-done-fooling-around.html)

Patkid 01-16-2013 07:07 AM

I am DONE fooling around.
 
Good morning!
I have wasted the better part of a year reading and experimenting and failing (IF, JUDDD, Potato Hack, Carb Addict Diet and others).
For me all those 'tricks' lead to binge eating. Lots of binge eating.
In 2011 I lost on Atkin's '72 from 211 down to 184. Then the fooling around began. For cryen' out loud. I am 65 years old and I certainly do NOT have a year to waste. I am so disgusted with myself. I am done looking for a trick or an 'easier' weight loss method. DONE.
The only WOE that has ever worked with my body is low carb. PERIOD. I am a bright and accomplished woman. Why have I allowed weight to be such a huge problem in my life? Why? During my working years I maintained my 'fighting weight' of 156 effortlessly ~ even with travel and entertaining clients. I simply ate LC. ALWAYS.
Then within 2 years I lost my husband to cancer and my job to the recession. I used food for comfort and to dull my emotions. I got up to 211.6.
I am recommitting to LC again today. When I saw 199 on the scale this morning I knew it was time to stop kidding myself.
I have a carby pantry items loaded into the car to take to the shelter downtown. I have cleared the fridge of any crap. I will stop after the trip to the shelter to stock up on LC staples. I will begin the rest of my life today. I will not binge, I will not search for any 'new' WOE. I will enjoy the luxury of LC foods each day and speak kindly to myself.
I will read here daily. I will encourage others. I will find support in providing support.
Thank you for being here; I plan to rely heavily on all of you.

Wendy T 01-16-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patkid (Post 16198879)
Good morning!
I have wasted the better part of a year reading and experimenting and failing (IF, JUDDD, Potato Hack, Carb Addict Diet and others).
For me all those 'tricks' lead to binge eating. Lots of binge eating.
In 2011 I lost on Atkin's '72 from 211 down to 184. Then the fooling around began. For cryen' out loud. I am 65 years old and I certainly do NOT have a year to waste. I am so disgusted with myself. I am done looking for a trick or an 'easier' weight loss method. DONE.
The only WOE that has ever worked with my body is low carb. PERIOD. I am a bright and accomplished woman. Why have I allowed weight to be such a huge problem in my life? Why? During my working years I maintained my 'fighting weight' of 156 effortlessly ~ even with travel and entertaining clients. I simply ate LC. ALWAYS.
Then within 2 years I lost my husband to cancer and my job to the recession. I used food for comfort and to dull my emotions. I got up to 211.6.
I am recommitting to LC again today. When I saw 199 on the scale this morning I knew it was time to stop kidding myself.
I have a carby pantry items loaded into the car to take to the shelter downtown. I have cleared the fridge of any crap. I will stop after the trip to the shelter to stock up on LC staples. I will begin the rest of my life today. I will not binge, I will not search for any 'new' WOE. I will enjoy the luxury of LC foods each day and speak kindly to myself.
I will read here daily. I will encourage others. I will find support in providing support.
Thank you for being here; I plan to rely heavily on all of you.


:goodpost:

Gibby 01-16-2013 07:14 AM

Pat, I agree wholeheartedly! That was my mindset this new year - let's get this done once and for all!

I am 64 years old and have battled my weight for the past 20 years. I'm sick of it!

My best wishes to you on your journey!

lterry913 01-16-2013 07:15 AM

Welcome, It takes a lot of courage to face our carb demons...I am glad you are here to both give and get support...I find it very helpful hopefully you will too.

ChristineCQ 01-16-2013 07:17 AM

OMG I could have written that. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I wish you the best. We're here to cheer you on!!! You can do it.

Ladysilverpatch 01-16-2013 07:18 AM

Pat, I know what you're saying. I'm 64 and if we don't do it now, when? We need to be the healthiest we can be to enjoy our senior lives. I'm sorry you've lost your husband; that's a very hard blow. But, he would want you to be healthy. So, let's do it. It really isn't hard, is it? LC is pretty simple and there's plenty of good stuff to eat. I wish you great success. You'll do it.

Robofitz 01-16-2013 07:34 AM

Pat - with an attitide like that, you WILL succeed!!!

jem51 01-16-2013 07:41 AM

I love Atkins 72 for it's simplicity....it is just LC plain and simple.

There are so many other plans on the forum that it sometimes becomes confusing.
Sometimes I just have to stop myself w the reminder, 'I'm not going to do that'

Patkid 01-16-2013 08:13 AM

I find such encouragement in your responses.
Thank you so much.
Blessings.

lovinlowcarb 01-16-2013 08:49 AM

I find that I am in the same situation that you find yourself regarding your job after working for AT&T Yellow Page dept. for 25 years AT&T came in and closed our entire office putting over 300 people out of work in June 2010 since that time I have looked everywhere for another position but have been unsuccessful it could be my age I am 56 years old, having too much down time on my hands and being depressed and worried about being able to make ends meet with only 1 pay check I went back to eating way too many carbs even though I knew they would be disasterous for my weight and blood pressure I now weigh 235lbs. and have extremely high blood pressure so as of this past Monday I have restarted the Atkins WOE and hopefully I can get my weight down and my blood pressure down. I hope I can get the attitude that you have now because with your attitude failure is not an option. Good Luck!!

marieze 01-16-2013 09:09 AM

I am so proud of you Pat! It's not an easy road sometimes and we're always looking for that magic bullet plan. For me, LC is just the bottom line way to go....I really know what you mean when you say you are DONE!

Be patient and forgiving with yourself and everyone on the board is here to cheer on your successes and pick you back up and dust you off if any setbacks!!!!

Marieze

mom23kids 01-16-2013 09:30 AM

I'm a strong believer that different plans work for different people-there is no one 'miracle' plan that works for everyone. For me JUDDD works beautifully, but if you've found success on Atkins, then that's the plan for you :hugs:

leeloo 01-16-2013 09:43 AM

You can do it!

KeirasMom 01-16-2013 09:44 AM

I wouldn't call any of the other plans you tried "tricks" but I get what you're saying. If LC works for you, and you can do it for life, then it's the plan that will take you to goal and help you maintain. You can do it!

Meek75 01-16-2013 09:46 AM

Thanks for posting exactly how I feel :hugs: Best wishes to you this time around. You can do it!! :jumpjoy:

someonelikeyou 01-16-2013 10:30 AM

We are here for you.

Filly 01-16-2013 10:46 AM

Even though those other plans didn't work for you for weight loss I am sure you learned something about yourself/your body from each of them. So it probably hasn't been a total failure.

sfmom 01-16-2013 10:47 AM

I know you can do it Pat, make 2013 your year, we will all be here to help you along on your journey :hugs:

Audrey

Trigger828 01-16-2013 12:57 PM

great post.

you had some hard times. I am sorry for the loss of your husband. And your job is an important part of your life also. You were hit with tough issues.

You woke up. I am sure it was hard the trials you have been thru. So glad it is time for YOU now. to get back into the healthy game of life.

best of luck to you and I obviously know you will succeed!

drjlocarb 01-16-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filly (Post 16199483)
Even though those other plans didn't work for you for weight loss I am sure you learned something about yourself/your body from each of them. So it probably hasn't been a total failure.

:goodpost:

I have a very strong feeling you WILL succeed! Go forth and conquer.

Punkin 01-16-2013 01:26 PM

How inspiring. I think I completely understand you're frustration. I feel it too!

tammeli 01-16-2013 02:13 PM

Pat, I am so with you. I am rededicating starting today as well.

Patkid 01-16-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16199315)
I'm a strong believer that different plans work for different people-there is no one 'miracle' plan that works for everyone. For me JUDDD works beautifully, but if you've found success on Atkins, then that's the plan for you :hugs:

The only thing about JUDDD that worked for me was the great people on that thread. However the WOE contributed to my binge mentality.
I will never forget the kind folks there and will still visit!

Patkid 01-16-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16199342)
I wouldn't call any of the other plans you tried "tricks" but I get what you're saying. If LC works for you, and you can do it for life, then it's the plan that will take you to goal and help you maintain. You can do it!

My dear birthday buddy,
I should have worded that better. Your success on JUDDD is inspiring to anyone practicing ANY WOE!!
Your kindness and support are so much appreciated by so many.
Blessings.

Patkid 01-16-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filly (Post 16199483)
Even though those other plans didn't work for you for weight loss I am sure you learned something about yourself/your body from each of them. So it probably hasn't been a total failure.

Great point, thank you, Filly.

Patkid 01-16-2013 02:37 PM

Thank you so much to each who responded. I feel well supported and grateful.

I pray that the clarity I feel today with regard to my weight issues is not transitory!! I think if I post daily and track honestly it will last.

Here's to 2013!

KeirasMom 01-16-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patkid (Post 16200024)
My dear birthday buddy,
I should have worded that better. Your success on JUDDD is inspiring to anyone practicing ANY WOE!!
Your kindness and support are so much appreciated by so many.
Blessings.

:hugs: I didn't intend to sound critical of your wording. I know you gave each of those plans your all, including JUDDD. I think you'll do great with LC!

jem51 01-16-2013 04:53 PM

Just to be clear; JUDDD can be used w any woe including Atkins. I am aware that some have problems w it, though.

marieze 01-16-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patkid (Post 16200029)
Thank you so much to each who responded. I feel well supported and grateful.

I pray that the clarity I feel today with regard to my weight issues is not transitory!! I think if I post daily and track honestly it will last.

Here's to 2013!

And if it is transitory, you know we'll be right here waiting for you!!:hiya:

Seabreezes 01-16-2013 06:56 PM

Good luck!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.