Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3fatcats
Stats: 184/165/160 , 5'8" learn to maintain!
WOE: NK
Start Date: restart Nov 30th
the thought of meat makes me barf....

I had the flu starting Xmas weekend and I still have that residual annoying cold that goes with it. I get hungry and when I go to get my protein in, I either don't want it 'cause the thought of it doesn't sound appealing, OR I'll make some sausage say, and halfway thru I just can't stomach it. It just becomes unappealing. I've been eating cheese and peanut butter and green bean casserole for the most part, but I have a family vacation in 3 weeks that requires a bathing suit that I'd like to feel confident in. I managed to only gain 2lbs over the holidays but since I haven't been able to run I feel a bit flubby . Blasted Winter! anyone else ever get this? The nothing sounds good but I know that I should be eating a certain way blues? I tried chicken Caesar salad to try to sneak in the chicken and I ended up eating around it since the texture doesn't seem appealing anymore. Tried chicken wings last night and I had a decent amount. then I saw darker coloration around the bones and that was all it took for me to stop eating. I've NEVER been this way! I don't know if I'm just in a food rut or what. Veggies and dressing and cheese don't seem to disgust me right now. Anyone else got any ideas of what to eat and lose a little weight? Thanks in advance, Dani

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
How about doing a fat fast or an egg and fat fast, if losing some weight quickly is important to you? Alternatively, you can do low carb with salads with dressing and cheese (and no meat). Often the closest I come to eating meat in a day is some homemade broth, and then get my protein with cheese, almonds, full-fat cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, rounding out the menu with big salads, full-fat homemade dressing, and some cream in my coffee or tea. Sounds healthy and delicious to me, and I'm sure your appetite for meat will come back when you feel better.

Congratulations on being so close to your goal now! I hope you feel fully recovered soon.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shortcut
WOE: No grains/No starch/No sugar
Start Date: Sept 2010
EAS carb control shakes have gotten me through the flu a couple of times. Nothing looked good, but I knew I had to get something on my stomach.
shortcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Darkginger
Stats: 197/147/147
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2004 (properly)
You could always try fish for a change - a nice fresh tuna steak, or maybe poached salmon, or pan-fried scallops, or even monkfish? I like all of the above with some kind of citrus dressing/marinade - nice light dishes that are refreshing.
Darkginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Tuna packed in olive oil, or you could also make a crustless quiche with just eggs, cheese and cream. I make those and eat it almost every day. I got the same way once, where I just couldn't eat meat. I couldn't even handle a cut up chicken breast in my salad or the smell of opening the freezer, I could smell the frozen meat!! I ended up going off of Atkins and gaining a bunch of weight. Don't do what I did, I suggest you figure out how to stomach eggs and fish for a bit, until you can tolerate the meat again.