Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Disneyland (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794391-disneyland.html)

Gonnaloseitforever 01-13-2013 04:48 PM

Disneyland

I am going to Disneyland soon, any suggestions on what I can bring? There aren't a lot of low carb options and you can't bring a cooler.

Geekin' in Utah 01-13-2013 05:36 PM

Leave a cooler in your car if you are driving, then you can make a quick trip out to fill bags with lunch. We always appreciated the place to store cold water, too.

If you won't have a car, take a backpack with non-perishables and plan on taking a couple hour break for a descent meal in the early afternoon. My experience is everybody is exhausted and ready for an hour or two break in the hotel by 2pm. You can take a dinner back with you in a backpack.

dangerkitteey 01-13-2013 09:47 PM

One great low carb option at Disneyland is Bengal Barbecue! It's in Adventureland across from the entrance to Indiana Jones. They do meat on skewers, just skip the carby sauces. They also do a bacon wrapped asparagus skewer and a veggie one.
Bengal Barbecue Menu - Disneyland

Gonnaloseitforever 01-13-2013 10:32 PM

Thank you! Bacon wrapped asparagus, yum!!

KeirasMom 01-14-2013 01:30 PM

If you go into California Adventures, they sell whole turkey legs. They've also really gotten a lot better about having salads and fresh options available. Protein bars or shakes travel well. Good luck and have fun!

LCJunkie 01-14-2013 05:23 PM

I work with a family that is celiac and went to DisneyWorld. They went to one restaurant there and asked if there was gluten free options. A manager came to their table with a binder and asked what the allergy was and flipped to the gluten free section. He personally went back and cooked their food and told them everything is made in a different area so there is no cross contamination. They were really impressed and went there a couple more times during their stay. There has to be something similar in DisneyLand. Their clientele is children and with that they have to deal with all the allergies out there. I am sure there is something there for you to eat.

Annabel Lee 01-15-2013 07:47 AM

A few nut in your pocket will help a lot!!!
SF mints are good too.

Taxbane 01-15-2013 07:57 AM

Disney World had Giant Fried Turkey Legs somewhere....at least they use to.

Also, at DW they have plenty of places to get burgers, so you can just scrap the buns...

pocahontas 01-15-2013 11:03 AM

Pack some nuts in your purse and hit up the Bar B Que place for lunch! They have all kinds of meat and grilled turkey legs, etc. Make sure to eat a big protein breakfast and you should be just fine. Have fun!

creseis 01-15-2013 11:04 AM

bring me! I wanna go!

ChristiansMom 01-15-2013 02:34 PM

When you first go into the park.. there is an information building on the right side of main street. Go in there and ask. I'm sure they will be able to give you a list of places that have LC options. Disneyland is big on customer service and making sure you are having the best time possible. Have fun!!