Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Did you really "start" induction?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794373-did-you-really-start-induction.html)

Jordy272 01-13-2013 12:22 PM

Did you really "start" induction??

So I have done low carb once before which was last year. I went from 196 pounds to 168 pounds in about 5-6 months. I am now at 183 as of this morning and decided to start back on low carb Jan. 1st. I have only lost 1 pound and was wondering why. I realized that I have been eating the way I was on maintenance. Mama Lupe's tortillas, strawberries, lc ice cream bars. Even though this still put me under 20 net carbs eating these things aren't helping at all. If anyone out there isn't losing the second or third time around this may be why.. anyways back to basic foods for a week and I'll see how it goes (:
At least most of my sugar cravings are gone!

** SIDE NOTE do any of you eat cherry tomatoes on induction? :dunno:

stardustshadow 01-13-2013 01:24 PM

Nope, I wouldn't eat any tomatoes on induction...they are a higher carb veggie. But yes, I agree that this is your problem. Quit the frankenfoods, keep it simple, real and nutritious. Meats, veggies, cheese, cream. Good luck!:)

lisabinil 01-13-2013 01:31 PM

Tomatoes are acceptable on Atkins Induction-track your carbs of course. Check whatever copy of Atkins book you have for the list of Induction foods.

Trigger828 01-13-2013 04:29 PM

I actually followed the induction list of foods and did not add anything else for 2 weeks.

but it was my first time ever doing it and decided if I was going to tackle this then I was going to do it by the book as written. thank goodness I did cause 3 months in and I am doing very well!

I keep all my foods at a basic level now. even when eating out. the minute you delve into the fancier foods and higher carb foods is when you start to lose track of carbs a bit. I am not going to let that happen.

but even my basic foods are still fancy in decadence and delish factor :)

Jordy272 01-13-2013 04:41 PM

Stardust Shadow: Thank you :) and wow you have lost a ton of weight!!! great job!!! :) Did you eat atkins bars???

Trigger: True it is easier to just keep it simple.. I should have started that from day 1 but oh well :) Time to really give this a try

jm23 01-13-2013 06:30 PM

Yep I'm having the same problem this time. The first time I did atkins i lost an average of 7-9 lbs. although was heavier then. This time I lost 3 lbs (it was TOM during the first week) but this last week I've been juggling losing and gaining the same 1 lb over and over again. Very frustrating! I also allowed a LC tortilla or SF pudding cup. These things are so infrequent and carbs are still low overall but scale won't budge. Guess it's back to basics :)

Jordy272 01-13-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm23 (Post 16193473)
Yep I'm having the same problem this time. The first time I did atkins i lost an average of 7-9 lbs. although was heavier then. This time I lost 3 lbs (it was TOM during the first week) but this last week I've been juggling losing and gaining the same 1 lb over and over again. Very frustrating! I also allowed a LC tortilla or SF pudding cup. These things are so infrequent and carbs are still low overall but scale won't budge. Guess it's back to basics :)

Our statistics are similar I noticed :)
How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?
Back to the basics for us :high5:

shortcut 01-14-2013 03:15 AM

Yup. Induction style except I ate too many peanuts. No progress. I guess I will need to give them up too.

dlk35 01-14-2013 04:58 AM

Summer time i thrived on fresh tomatoes...steady weight loss

princessmommy 01-14-2013 06:03 AM

I'm not technically on "induction" anymore since i've been LC since May 2012 But I try to stay within 20-30 carbs. I've noticed the last 3 months i've been losing and gaining the same 2-3 lbs! So I need to get back to basics and do a clean week or so of Induction without the tortillas and bars etc. Hopefully that'll jump start me into losing again because right now I feel like i'm Never going to reach my goal! :(

nolcjunk 01-14-2013 06:10 AM

Yes, I did. I was tired of being fat and ready to lose as quickly as possible so I followed the plan.

And, tomatoes are allowed, but they are in the carbier category so make sure to count them accurately. And, I think now they want you getting 12-15 net grams of vegetable carbs so you can still have quite a bit.

omgtwins 01-14-2013 06:47 AM

Every time you stop doing Atkins and restart you will have a harder time losing - it will never be as good as the last time. Now this doesnt necessarily mean the 2nd or 3rd time, but sooner or later it will be harder and harder to loose the weight.
As for tomatoes - it's up to you. I am the old Atkins follower - than means I have the book from Atkins before he died and his company went to more of a media and less of a Dr Atkins mindset (There were no Atkins bars, no veggies like carrots, tomatoes or the like because - like StarDustShadow said - they are higher in natural sugars and are best left until after Induction - while Dr Atkins was probably a little less 'stretchable'.)
Of course, it's up to you.

You are already looking for ways to do things that might not be for a pure Atkins Induction (whichever way you follow it). Do you have the book? Are you looking at what is available for Atkins Induction foods?
I know it's hard - I'm the very person who has been off and on Atkins for the last 14 years and just finished 2 weeks of Induction and will do a 3rd before moving on - but I will add some nuts into this week - but not often.

I'm glad to hear you're getting rid of the frankenfoods - stick to Induction clean and you'll be less frustrated and more happy with the results - good luck!