Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I look like Pat on SNL (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794308-i-look-like-pat-snl.html)

Lilybell 01-12-2013 02:13 PM

I look like Pat on SNL

I am a big, round apple......no butt, all tummy. Is there any hope that my figure will look normal someday? any apples out there that can share an after picture and give me some hope? Thanks!

princessmommy 01-12-2013 02:35 PM

I had a big ole belly, big butt, thighs You name it! Belly still needs work But after 5 surgeries there it'll never be flat. My profile pic is me 51 lbs down. Yes there is Hope!!

Lilybell 01-12-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmommy (Post 16191111)
I had a big ole belly, big butt, thighs You name it! Belly still needs work But after 5 surgeries there it'll never be flat. My profile pic is me 51 lbs down. Yes there is Hope!!

thank You for a glimmer of hope. You look great!

Rhubarb 01-12-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilybell (Post 16191069)
I am a big, round apple......no butt, all tummy. Is there any hope that my figure will look normal someday? any apples out there that can share an after picture and give me some hope? Thanks!

I don't have a picture, but I can tell you that I'm an apple too and I despaired of ever having a waist again. But miraculously, I'm looking almost normal these days. I'm still carrying some extra weight around the middle, but it's slowly shrinking and with some good, firm shapewear it's not really all that noticeable. I'll never be an hourglass, but I'm not all round anymore either.

It wasn't until I got into the 150s that I could see it though, so hang in there. I think apples don't have the luxury of having that curvaceous vava -voom thing that sustains some people even when they're heavier, so it comes as a big surprise when we suddenly look in the mirror and look normal again.

And we do tend to have good legs, so that's something.

svenskamae 01-12-2013 03:36 PM

I'm an apple who started a year ago with over 100 pounds to lose. I've only lost half the weight so far, but:
1) I've lost a LOT of fat from my stomach
2) I have lost 10 inches from my waist measurement, more than I lost in my hips or breasts
3) I have a bit of an indentation where my waist is
4) I'm still an apple, but I have gotten much closer to the female hourglass shape you are probably hoping to achieve
5) I expect things to get better and better, as I lose more weight. EVENTUALLY, I know from experience, I will get a decent figure and indented waist, though I'll never be "small waisted."

Along with pretty good legs, I have a pretty nice behind for someone of my weight, so I agree with Rhubarb on that, too.

Arctic_Mama 01-12-2013 05:11 PM

I'd say to check out my before and during pictures on my blog - I am an hourglass to rectangle shape, depending on whose guide we're using, but I gain weight in an apple pattern through my torso. At my high weight I was definitely a potato with legs ;)

Though I still carry my remaining fat in my breasts, back, and tummy, the weight lost has come primarily from those spots as well and I'd say I have some very nice curves to show for it, even though I'm not yet at goal. There IS hope, but you must be persistent and accept the best version of YOUR body may not be curvy, even at very low weights. That doesn't mean thin apples can't look amazing - it's just a matter of having realistic expectations and knowing your strengths and weaknesses (I have awesome legs! My tummy will likely not be flat. Oh well!)

floridagirl6 01-13-2013 08:09 AM

I am an apple - I have thin legs, a flat rear, and a round belly. I lose inches in my belly last. :(. When I weighed 145(I've gained about 20#) I still had a belly - just a little smaller. I will never have an hourglass shape - never did when I was thin (118 # at 5'7"). But - I DO look better when I am thinner.

stardustshadow 01-13-2013 09:01 AM

I think I was pretty apple shaped and now I'm an hourglass! So there is hope!:) Let me see if I can find some pics...and remember how to upload them:)

stardustshadow 01-13-2013 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay here is what I used to look like....

stardustshadow 01-13-2013 09:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And this is what I look like now (well, a couple of kilos ago, actually...and I'm not even done losing all of my weight)

stardustshadow 01-13-2013 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here in profile

Throwback 01-13-2013 01:03 PM

Holy cow, SDS! You look amazing! Congratulations on the results from your hard work! What an inspiration you are!

stardustshadow 01-13-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throwback (Post 16192865)
Holy cow, SDS! You look amazing! Congratulations on the results from your hard work! What an inspiration you are!

Thank you:) And I'm not finished yet (a few pounds left to go at least...)...but anyway, I never would have guessed, EVER, that there was an hourglass hidden in there!

svenskamae 01-13-2013 10:41 PM

Wow, you look great--fit and beautiful indeed, and like a younger, different person. :notwrthy: Well done!

marieze 01-13-2013 11:42 PM

SDS

Just came in to give you a BIG COMPLIMENT! Your hard work has paid off my dear....YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: :congrats::congrats:

Lilybell 01-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhubarb (Post 16191180)
I don't have a picture, but I can tell you that I'm an apple too and I despaired of ever having a waist again. But miraculously, I'm looking almost normal these days. I'm still carrying some extra weight around the middle, but it's slowly shrinking and with some good, firm shapewear it's not really all that noticeable. I'll never be an hourglass, but I'm not all round anymore either.

It wasn't until I got into the 150s that I could see it though, so hang in there. I think apples don't have the luxury of having that curvaceous vava -voom thing that sustains some people even when they're heavier, so it comes as a big surprise when we suddenly look in the mirror and look normal again.

And we do tend to have good legs, so that's something.

thank you for the inspiration! I can't wait to say that I am in the 50's.....I love your "normal again" sentence, because, yep, this big belly makes me feel not normal.

Lilybell 01-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama (Post 16191376)
I'd say to check out my before and during pictures on my blog - I am an hourglass to rectangle shape, depending on whose guide we're using, but I gain weight in an apple pattern through my torso. At my high weight I was definitely a potato with legs ;)

Though I still carry my remaining fat in my breasts, back, and tummy, the weight lost has come primarily from those spots as well and I'd say I have some very nice curves to show for it, even though I'm not yet at goal. There IS hope, but you must be persistent and accept the best version of YOUR body may not be curvy, even at very low weights. That doesn't mean thin apples can't look amazing - it's just a matter of having realistic expectations and knowing your strengths and weaknesses (I have awesome legs! My tummy will likely not be flat. Oh well!)

a potato with legs:hyst::hyst:
Off to check out your blog

Lilybell 01-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 16192415)
And here in profile

wow!!!!!!!!

I am you. Before. My middle roll is bigger. Then my lower stomach. No clothes can hide it. you look amazing! How much do you exercise. I want your body!

abby! 01-17-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 16192407)
And this is what I look like now (well, a couple of kilos ago, actually...and I'm not even done losing all of my weight)

WOW!!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: YOU DID GOOD!

Congratulations!

cfine 01-18-2013 12:03 PM

I've always had great legs and no butt, even when I was thin. My Daddy used to say it looked like somebody hit me in the butt with a board..I got it from him though because his butt looks the same :)

coffeelover 01-18-2013 12:14 PM

I'm not one who can give personal advice since I'm just starting my journey but I once saw a makeover type of article in a magazine where someone lost weight and changed her apple shape. She did a lot of weight work and high stepping with a box to get a more balanced body and a butt that had more projection. I have a tendency towards a pancake butt when I'm thin so this stuck out in my mind. Good luck!

lowcarbie 01-18-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 16192407)

Stardustshadow, you look great!

teri f 01-18-2013 01:20 PM

For a long time I was hourglass even when heavy. But the more insulin resistant I got, the rounder I got. Low carb completely changed my body composition. When I would try to lose weight with low fat and low calorie, I always looked "skinny-fat". It was so frustrating. I have a small compact body that looks very lean on low carb. My big old apple belly went away. Thank the good lord.

janetsbreeze 01-18-2013 01:25 PM

I'm another round apple. Always carried my weight in my belly and boobs, even when I was thin. Nonexistent butt :(

I would just rather be a smaller apple than the large apple I am now!

stardustshadow 01-19-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilybell (Post 16201992)
wow!!!!!!!!

I am you. Before. My middle roll is bigger. Then my lower stomach. No clothes can hide it. you look amazing! How much do you exercise. I want your body!

Thank you!:) I never thought anyone would ever say that to me, back when I looked like I used to look. But see, there is lots of hope:)

I used to run a few times a week but this semester I just have not had the time:( I would say this is 90% diet.

Lilybell 01-21-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze (Post 16204743)
I'm another round apple. Always carried my weight in my belly and boobs, even when I was thin. Nonexistent butt :(

I would just rather be a smaller apple than the large apple I am now!

I hear you. I am already feeling like a smaller apple. Yep...no butt here too!:o

SpikersMom 01-22-2013 04:38 PM

Wow SDS! I remember being on the boards and seeing some of your posts - you weighed around 198 then. You look amazing! So inspiring! Thank you for posting your photos!

stardustshadow 01-23-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikersMom (Post 16213054)
Wow SDS! I remember being on the boards and seeing some of your posts - you weighed around 198 then. You look amazing! So inspiring! Thank you for posting your photos!

Thanks! I remember you, too! I don't post so much anymore (law school...) but am still working on it all:) Hope it is going well for you:)