Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Do NOT Weigh Yourself during "That Time of the Month" (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794299-do-not-weigh-yourself-during-time-month.html)

Bamboozled 01-12-2013 11:46 AM

Do NOT Weigh Yourself during "That Time of the Month"

Anyone else agree?

I can be so pleased with my progress then BAM! Few days before the big day comes my weight has gone way up overnight.

I am off the scales for another week til this is all over. :stars:

taokeema 01-12-2013 12:13 PM

i weigh, but i know it is an anomaly, so i just don't record it.

i record once a week on Monday. if i had lost a little by Friday, and my breasts are sore and i'm up a pound or two on Monday, i record my Friday weight. i know if i've been sticking with my program, it's just hormonal and temporary water weight. i've never been fooled, those few extra pounds disappear like clockwork.

Becky 01-12-2013 01:25 PM

I can easily go up 5 pounds overnight due to TOM, I expect it so it doesn't bother me (too much).

taokeema 01-12-2013 01:38 PM

i should add, my hubby stares at my upper boday a lot during the worst few days, so i think of the few extra pounds as a once a month treat for him, and that helps me not mind. :lol::lol:

someonelikeyou 01-12-2013 01:53 PM

Oh yes! I could not agree more. I can add 5 pounds on, but it usually comes off just as quickly.

Ugh.

SugarFreeSheila 01-12-2013 02:24 PM

3 pounds up every time, like clockwork - and if you're at goal, it doesn't matter. It's just as bothersome!!

Mistizoom 01-12-2013 08:10 PM

Timely post, I had a "bad" week on the scale this week (luckily I didn't gain) but it is TOM for me as well, so I guess there's hope for next week.

jm23 01-12-2013 10:00 PM

Couldn't agree more. The worst part was starting induction this time during TOM. It was really discouraging not seeing those big first week losses that I was used to.

stardustshadow 01-13-2013 01:28 AM

Oh, yes, tell me about it. It can be so discouraging. I can gain from 2-8 pounds in an instant:(

creseis 01-13-2013 06:08 AM

After my initial 2 weeks of high weight loss, I find that I only lose weight when my period starts! I gain weight or have a stall the week before. But, everything has changed now because I had the menopause shot and it significantly reduced the bloating, although I still get a period, just a normal one now, not a horror-movie type period :)

Bamboozled 01-16-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taokeema (Post 16191001)
i should add, my hubby stares at my upper boday a lot during the worst few days, so i think of the few extra pounds as a once a month treat for him, and that helps me not mind. :lol::lol:

HA!!! :hyst:

Quote:

Originally Posted by creseis (Post 16192048)
After my initial 2 weeks of high weight loss, I find that I only lose weight when my period starts! I gain weight or have a stall the week before. But, everything has changed now because I had the menopause shot and it significantly reduced the bloating, although I still get a period, just a normal one now, not a horror-movie type period :)

Really? That is interesting! We are all so very different in how our bodies work.

Rita80 06-04-2013 07:13 PM

Oh thank goodness! Glad to know it's not just me....

Ntombi 06-04-2013 07:54 PM

I weigh daily, and chart my weight. My weight fluctuates quite a bit as its ultimate trajectory is downward, but it has nothing to do with my cycle (I'm on straight-through BCP, BTW). My pattern is to get down to a new low, bounce up, slowly make my way back down, get to a new new low, bounce back up again, and repeat. As long as you know what your particular weight loss (or maintenance) rhythm is, it's no big deal.

Or you could just skip weighing during certain times of the month. Whatever works for you. :)

SweetSugaree 06-04-2013 08:18 PM

I just posted about this last week. I gained 4lbs on TOM and I was so upset. I came on here and vented and everyone on here reminded me this was normal. The day after the curse ended, lol, I dropped 5lbs overnight. Was all water weight from TOM. But next month I will not touch the scale during TOM..
:)

Mistizoom 06-05-2013 09:02 AM

I find the scales stop moving, or maybe go up moderately (1-2 lbs.) a few days before TOM, but when Aunt Flo arrives I get a whoosh the same day.