Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   My driver's license is a lie! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/794094-my-drivers-license-lie.html)

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 01:15 AM

My driver's license is a lie!

Here is a confession I am glad to make!!

My driver's license is a lie. Oh, it has ALWAYS been a lie...it said 170 pounds. But that was a lie the other way;) (what a lie it was, too! Who was I fooling, ha ha!). Now I am pleased to say that my driver's license is STILL a lie, because I actually weigh LESS than that number!

That number represented to me, for years, a mythical unattainable weight...amazing to think that I am actually below that weight.

And, it marks another milestone, per say, as I can officially ask to be admitted to the 80-pound club!:)

Just had to share that little victory! Now back to reading for my exam tomorrow!

PaleoRainy 01-10-2013 03:47 AM

Oh yes, mine is a lie too, I said 160 and I was 210. But right now it is no more of a lie. ;)

Congrats on your achievement.

Why do they need weight on driver licenses? It can vary greatly, it's not like height.

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 03:54 AM

Yes, it can vary so much! Plus, studies show that witnesses to a crime cannot accurately describe the perpetrators weight or height. It is fairly useless as a descriptor in that sense...I think they do it just to laugh about how much people lie;) I lied when I was 16 and got mine (I think I was 215 or 220 then), because I couldn't face the humiliation of having others see that 2-number (it was high school, it was hard enough!). I said 185 originally. Then later I changed it to 170, since I actually FELT thinner but probably was bigger than 215, since I had gained and lost weight since that first license ha ha...:)

But yeah, it was a huge lie for years. Nobody cared. Now I have a license that is relatively close to my real weight but the picture does not look like me:)

PaleoRainy 01-10-2013 04:04 AM

It's quite funny, I thought I was the only one who lied there!! It seems as everybody did! :hyst:

LiterateGriffin 01-10-2013 04:07 AM

lol How close is it to expiring? You COULD "lose" it and need a replacement!

Congrats, btw, on surpassing your unreachable ideal! ;) That's gotta feel amazing!

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 04:12 AM

Thanks! This is my American license. It does not expire for 40 years or something:) Ha ha! That is an Arizona license for you! I do not have an Danish one, since you have to take the exams all over again to convert it, and I do not currently own a car anyway...I will get to that eventually, maybe after law school...one challenge at a time...;)

gammazach 01-10-2013 04:16 AM

Hmm, when a patient tells you their height and weight for a procedure, do you find yourself saying do I look like that when it is close to your own size? yikes, sometimes looking at it from that angle is frightening.:cry:

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gammazach (Post 16185114)
Hmm, when a patient tells you their height and weight for a procedure, do you find yourself saying do I look like that when it is close to your own size? yikes, sometimes looking at it from that angle is frightening.:cry:

I'll bet! I was in blissful ignorance of my weight for years. I knew I weighed too much but refused to weigh myself. I was afraid of seeing the number, since I'd tried to lose weight since adolescence with no success...it just depressed me. Now I compare myself with other people all of the time when they tell me their weights...it is hard to remember what I really looked like a couple of years ago (except in pictures). But, the other side is that height matters too. A friend of mine that is 105 kilos looks much bigger than I did when I was that weight, because she is much shorter and has a different body type.

snowmop 01-10-2013 05:46 AM

Major congrats to you, Star---- I have no doubt you'll reach goal. You are one of the most determined people I know! And good luck on the exam!!!

Laprettygurl 01-10-2013 06:04 AM

I'm so glad my license has never had my weight on it! Just my height lol

Becky 01-10-2013 06:11 AM

You made me go look...mine doesn't have my weight but it says my height is 5'1" but I'm 5'3"....guess I had a growth spurt in the last 25 years!

Macc0021 01-10-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 16185100)
Thanks! This is my American license. It does not expire for 40 years or something:) Ha ha! That is an Arizona license for you! I do not have an Danish one, since you have to take the exams all over again to convert it, and I do not currently own a car anyway...I will get to that eventually, maybe after law school...one challenge at a time...;)

AHH you are in law school! Congrats :) I graduated in 2011... studying sure sucks!! What year are you in?

giJ 01-10-2013 06:35 AM

Congrats!

I just checked my DL and, as it turns out, it doesn't have weight on it. Smart state :)

Enjoy your law school experience! I loved it!!!

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macc0021 (Post 16185367)
AHH you are in law school! Congrats :) I graduated in 2011... studying sure sucks!! What year are you in?

Congrats!!:) I am 2nd year...! I can't wait to be finished with this exam (they are always killer) and get my life back for a while! Where did you go to law school?

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmop (Post 16185276)
Major congrats to you, Star---- I have no doubt you'll reach goal. You are one of the most determined people I know! And good luck on the exam!!!

Thank you for your sweet and encouraging words!

Macc0021 01-10-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 16185632)
Congrats!!:) I am 2nd year...! I can't wait to be finished with this exam (they are always killer) and get my life back for a while! Where did you go to law school?

Those exams are NOT fun...! 2L year was the hardest for me... I think mainly because I was working a lot too! 3L year is much easier :)

I went to the University of Minnesota. Where are you attending?

readyfredy 01-10-2013 09:01 AM

I'm a law school grad too :) Good luck on exams!

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giJ (Post 16185388)
Congrats!

I just checked my DL and, as it turns out, it doesn't have weight on it. Smart state :)

Enjoy your law school experience! I loved it!!!

I love it too, only I don't love exams:)

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readyfredy (Post 16185813)
I'm a law school grad too :) Good luck on exams!

Thanks!! Wow there are a lot of law people on this thread:)

anglgrl 01-10-2013 10:23 AM

I need to renew my license this year. I'll finally be able to say I weigh less. I've been lying for years (I think it says 170). My pic last time was crazy fat looking. I can't wait to get a new pic taken :D

Macc0021 01-10-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 16186043)
Thanks!! Wow there are a lot of law people on this thread:)

Wow yes there are!

astribling 01-10-2013 11:35 AM

Hahaha -- Your post also made me go check my license. I couldn't even remember what "lie" I had put on there. :hyst: I have it listed as 180 - it's been that way for years, even though my weight has been at 190-220 for years! Well now it's a lie in the other direction, finally!!

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macc0021 (Post 16185660)
Those exams are NOT fun...! 2L year was the hardest for me... I think mainly because I was working a lot too! 3L year is much easier :)

I went to the University of Minnesota. Where are you attending?

University of Copenhagen (Denmark), where I live. It is a five year program in most civil law countries, cause you also have to get an LLM afterwards! So there is a long way to go for me...

I did USED to live in Minnesota though:)

Yeah, 2nd year is tougher in some ways than first was, though that had its own special challenges. The exam I am going to tomorrow is like three classes in one...Danish constitutional law (the institutional part, I've already taken the human rights part), EU constitutional law AND UN/international law. Kill me now! Seriously, it is scary.

I just had property rights on the 2nd of Jan, and history of law before that. I've pretty much been doing nothing but studying for about a month and a half. I need a break:)

Macc0021 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 16186444)
University of Copenhagen (Denmark), where I live. It is a five year program in most civil law countries, cause you also have to get an LLM afterwards! So there is a long way to go for me...

I did USED to live in Minnesota though:)

Yeah, 2nd year is tougher in some ways than first was, though that had its own special challenges. The exam I am going to tomorrow is like three classes in one...Danish constitutional law (the institutional part, I've already taken the human rights part), EU constitutional law AND UN/international law. Kill me now! Seriously, it is scary.

I just had property rights on the 2nd of Jan, and history of law before that. I've pretty much been doing nothing but studying for about a month and a half. I need a break:)

Yikes -- that's a long program! Very cool that you used to live in MN :) Small world!!!

That exam sounds terrible... ha!

I remember those days... literally woke up, studied ALL day, went to bed... repeat for weeks at a time! No time for much else.

Good luck!!! You will do great!!!

LoriWants2Lose 01-10-2013 01:29 PM

Wooohooo! So happy for you. And, we all fudge a little on the weight on our licenses, I think. Mine is almost not a lie anymore. LOL:clap::clap::clap:

stardustshadow 01-10-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macc0021 (Post 16186459)
Yikes -- that's a long program! Very cool that you used to live in MN :) Small world!!!

That exam sounds terrible... ha!

I remember those days... literally woke up, studied ALL day, went to bed... repeat for weeks at a time! No time for much else.

Good luck!!! You will do great!!!

Thank you!!

That pretty much describes my life for the last 5 weeks..ha ha!!:) It isn't fun but it will be worth it and I love everything BUT the exams.

Yeah, I used to live in Burnsville/Bloomington

LowCarbPanda86 01-11-2013 05:30 PM

WTG!