Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Britt1975
Stats: 331/293/150
WOE: Low carb whole foods
Start Date: 1/14/2013
I just kind of fall into it naturally when I LC. Before LC my woe was McDonald's or some other fast food for breakfast EVERY morning on my way to work. By 12pm I would be starving with shaking hands and terrible headaches. I would dive into my bag lunch (White bread sandwich of meat and cheese with potato chips, a pudding cup or snack cake and a regular Coke to wash it all down with) but by 4pm, I was starving again. So off I went to the vending machine to get another Coke and a candy bar. I'd arrive home absolutely exhausted, in no mood to cook dinner, so by the time 7pm rolled and I was hungry,the choices were limited to dining out or convenience meals like frozen chicken patties with fries or hamburger helper.

What a nightmare!!! My whole day revolved around food and when I was going to eat next.

Now, I get up in the morning and have a Green Tea with HWC and EVCO. I always overpack my lunch bag because my brain hasn't yet accepted that I just DON'T get hungry anymore more. I eat for the first time between 2 and 2:30 - usually something fairly light, lately it's been 4oz of shrimp and 1/2 an avocado. I'm not 100% sure that I'm really hungry when I'm eating lunch - but I've found that if I delay too long past 2:30, then when I finally do eat, I go overboard. My family and I have a larger meal for dinner between 6:30 and 8pm - and then I eat a very small protein snack around 10pm before I go to bed.

The biggest advantage for me is that I barely ever think about food anymore. The constant eating and planning what to eat next and feeling bad from what I was eating... it was a never ending cycle. I'm still struggling with the fear of being hungry - but I imagine that the farther along I get, the more comfortable I will be with not packing extra food "just in case." My goal is to eventually go to one "meal" a day with just a small mid afternoon snack.
4th mini goal - 275 lbs
5th mini goal - weighing less than my husband

Britt1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine319 View Post
Hi everyone, know I've been away a while. I'm back and wanted to add my w cents.

I've tried the 6 meals a day. Truth is, I would rather save my carbs and eat 2 times a day. I'd rather save them up. There is so many things I don't like so eating small carbs of crap I hate won't work for me. I'd rather do a snack and a good meal.

My philosophy of needing many meals to keep my metabolism up I don't find to be true for my body anymore.
That's the same with me. Eating 6 small meals just makes me want to eat more and more I feel better and don't think about food when I eat fewer meals.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Patina
Stats: 260/244/155
WOE: Low to Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2013
I usually only eat breakfast and a late lunch and sometimes a snack. I get up at 3:30 am and in bed by 7:30 pm on work nights so I don't want to eat 2-3 hours before bed.

On weekends when I can stay up later I might throw in a lite dinner.
Patina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Salad Spinner
I've found that the more I eat...the more I eat. Luckily I do strict low carb so I've always been able to maintain my weight loss even if I eat like a horse, lol! Now that I am peri it seemed my appetite went into overdrive. I started reading about IF here and decided to give it a try. OMG is all I can say. Very quickly I was able to get a handle on my appetite! What works for me is fasting dinner to dinner. I can't call it a true fast because I drink about two or three 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk and if you want to split hairs a true fast is water only. I would have NEVER thought I would be satisfied eating once a day but it has been so amazing! Even Dr. Atkins spoke about patients of his that ate only one or two meals daily and were successful with losing and then maintaining weight loss.
Salad Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #35
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
When I was I.F. as a regular thing, it was very useful in a few ways. One was that I learned that hunger is different in ketosis and much more manageable. Two, was that it simplified things quite a bit in terms of planning, cooking and cleaning.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote