Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   AM I THE ONLY ONE? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/793071-am-i-only-one.html)

IWILLDOIT1978 01-05-2013 09:29 AM

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

that will drink a few ounces of heavy cream instead of a tall glass of milk? It's my little secret that I think most people will think is gross!! LOL!! But I do it occasionally. Not all the time but every once in a while when I am craving milk. What do you think? I know it's probably one of the most unhealthy things I do!! I make sure the content reads 0 carbs. I know it has a little bit of carbs in it but I still do it!! What do you think??????

soon 01-05-2013 09:37 AM

Well the calories will stall me but doesmt hurt you (bets you are young) When I want milk I make the homemade one that is a classic on here. If my old age metabolism could handle the calories I would too think creamit is delicioussss!

jem51 01-05-2013 09:38 AM

There are plenty of LC'ers that drink cream. In fact, Dr Bernstein recommended using diluted cream.
Those in the LCHF camp will swear by this as a means to keep fat high.

IWILLDOIT1978 01-05-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jem51 (Post 16173416)
There are plenty of LC'ers that drink cream. In fact, Dr Bernstein recommended using diluted cream.
Those in the LCHF camp will swear by this as a means to keep fat high.

So is it not as unhealthy as I originally thought? Will it stall a weight loss?

IWILLDOIT1978 01-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soon (Post 16173412)
Well the calories will stall me but doesmt hurt you (bets you are young) When I want milk I make the homemade one that is a classic on here. If my old age metabolism could handle the calories I would too think creamit is delicioussss!

What's the homemade one?

jem51 01-05-2013 10:33 AM

High fat can cause stall but it may not until you are closer to goal. Everyone is different.

Don't worry about it until it happens!!

Sunny7 01-05-2013 10:37 AM

i do not like milk, but i can take a couple sips of cream, its so good, also i can eat cream cheese and sour cream off the spoon.....i have cream in my chai tea a couple times a day, so i save it for that......

melisa82 01-05-2013 10:42 AM

This may sound gross as well, but I sometimes eat a spoonful of butter! Mmmmm taste so good :) I do the same with HWC, Sour Cream and Cream Cheese!

makrida 01-05-2013 10:52 AM

I drink cream from the carton ! Its delicious with a spoonful of peanut butter :)

abby! 01-05-2013 12:07 PM

i eat butter too. sometimes. :o

IWILLDOIT1978 01-05-2013 12:21 PM

Sooooo glad to know that I am not the only ones that have little secrets like these!!!!! Lol!!!! I usually get the 16 ounce cartons and drink half sometimes all of it!!! When I do it fills me up to the brim!! I am guessing because of the massive amounts of fat in it!!!! :dunno: i also sometimes will have the cream cheese alone or a spoonful of peanut butter and I also like butter alone too!!!! :o

SugarFreeSheila 01-05-2013 06:40 PM

No judgments here. I've done that for over ten years.lol

lisamt 01-05-2013 09:09 PM

0___o I don't think I could drink straight cream, not without coffee. I did try a spoonful in diet orange soda today and that was pretty good.

watcher513 01-06-2013 01:50 AM

LC milk is half hwc and half water. Whatever quantity made, just use equal portions of each.

lisabinil 01-06-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watcher513 (Post 16174974)
LC milk is half hwc and half water. Whatever quantity made, just use equal portions of each.

Actually Hood Calorie Countdown is ultrafiltered fat free milk, cream & other stuff.

Sunny7 01-06-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melisa82 (Post 16173610)
This may sound gross as well, but I sometimes eat a spoonful of butter! Mmmmm taste so good :) I do the same with HWC, Sour Cream and Cream Cheese!

oh yes, Melisa forgot about the butter, i do that to especially the Kerrygold, it is so good....some people put a little in their coffee or tea, i have not tried that as of yet

Biochic 01-06-2013 06:10 AM

I've done it in the past with a little Davinci vanilla when I needed a sweet fix

cfine 01-06-2013 10:22 AM

I could eat Kerrygold butter straight off the spoon. That's why I don't buy it :)

As far as HWC, I love the stuff, but I always measure it because it does have about .5 net carbs per tbsp.

ebonyeyz28 01-06-2013 03:27 PM

HWC + H2O + 2-3 drops of EZ Sweetz = a glass of old fashioned sweet milk, just like what my Granny used to give us!! :love:

watcher513 01-06-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabinil (Post 16175406)
Actually Hood Calorie Countdown is ultrafiltered fat free milk, cream & other stuff.

I probably should have said...I believe that homemade LC milk is half hwc and half water since I saw a recipe on these boards for that.

Janknitz 01-06-2013 07:08 PM

I sip cream, too. I buy the boxes of shelf stable cream from Trader Joe's and go through a box about every 2 to 3 days between my coffee and my sipping. And I eat butter, too.

No these don't stall me, and as for healthfulness, my cholesterol numbers are steadily improving, my weight is coming down, I feel great.

I think it's important to have plenty of grassfed butter in my diet because I take vitamin D supplements--the vitamin K2 in grassfed butter helps balance the production of calcium with vitamin D so that you have healthy, strong bones and good cardiac function. Butter is a health food, and when I'm not eating enough that goes along with cooking, I snack on it--about a tablespoon at a time, eaten slowly and savored. It's a great appetite suppressant if I'm hungry, too.

Who knew butter and cream are health foods and all that stuff we used to ingest in the name of health (fake creamer, margarine, canola oil, etc.) were killing us!

Becky 01-07-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

I do this with melted butter....heaven!!!! :up:

I also do it with cream cheese and sour cream (grosses out my son! :D).

Westbrookj1 01-07-2013 08:07 AM

I have gotten used to almond milk! :sing:

4myfuture 01-07-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

I second the CREAM CHEESE!

dejaht 01-07-2013 11:43 AM

Oh yeah, I'm with you all on the cream. My kids have never drunk milk as such, but I prefer them to have a bit of cream in place of milk now.

IWILLDOIT1978 01-14-2013 04:12 AM

I also like to take cream cheese and put a little cinnamon, splenda, sometimes pure vanilla and melt it and mix it well. I also eat this slone about 2 ounes at a time maybe a little more. Gets rid of the sweet tooth and fills me up too!! So yummy. I dont do this all the time but I do it sometimes!! :)

creseis 01-14-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makrida (Post 16173628)
I drink cream from the carton ! Its delicious with a spoonful of peanut butter :)

hah I caught my bf doing this and I had to send him to the store to buy a new carton. Just because we are low carb does not mean we are neanderthals! I have a large collection of drinking glasses, I did not get them to have them sit in the cupboard. I still suspect he does it when I'm not around.

Purple Crayon 01-14-2013 06:06 PM

Ok, I'm going to show my age here.
I remember drinking the cream from the little glass bottles they used to bring with the coffee in restaurants when I was a kid. My parents didn't use cream, so we kids drank it. Sometimes the waitress would bring us more.

SkeeterN 01-14-2013 08:19 PM

I too drink it. Sometimes I add water. I make egg nog with 1 raw egg 4 oz hwc 4 oz Water sometimes all hwc splenda vanilla and a dash nutmeg. Blend in magic bullet....YUM

AddysMommy 01-15-2013 11:32 AM

:hyst: Good to know I'm not the only one sneaking into the kitchen and having a swig of HWC or a spoonfull or 2 of sour cream!!!! I love cream cheese , and when i make hubby's bagel for work in the morning, I slice off a chunk of CC and eat it in seconds!!!! Loving these dirty little secrets!!