Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Coming up on a month of Artificial Sweetener and Diet Soda free!

For the first time in my life, the sweet tooth is dead. And this is coming from someone who drank 6-8 diet sodas per day. I always said that they would only get my Diet Pepsi if they pried it from my cold dead hand.

I think it was Dr. Atkins who said that if there was a food/drink that you could absolutely not live without then you most likely had at least an food intolerance to that item.
BigRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRunner View Post
Coming up on a month of Artificial Sweetener and Diet Soda free!

For the first time in my life, the sweet tooth is dead. And this is coming from someone who drank 6-8 diet sodas per day. I always said that they would only get my Diet Pepsi if they pried it from my cold dead hand.

I think it was Dr. Atkins who said that if there was a food/drink that you could absolutely not live without then you most likely had at least an food intolerance to that item.
Well stated.

I would have to agree with that. I quit January 1, and within 1 week, I no longer craved Pop or SF drinks. (I have slipped a little, with the flu, but I still do not crave the sweet)
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gladee88er
Stats: 240 / 173.1 / 165
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
I haven't been able to quit them completely. I started to drink sugar free mixers with alcohol when I started LC'ing. I gave up the alcohol cold turkey about 9 months ago, but I still have a glass or two of diet Dr. Pepper cherry daily, and I have a little bit of a drink called "Sparkling Ice" coconut pineapple flavor occasionally. I am much better off without the booze, so I figure I'm ahead of where I was a year ago for sure. I'll work on the soda when I'm ready.
gladee88er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladee88er View Post
I haven't been able to quit them completely. I started to drink sugar free mixers with alcohol when I started LC'ing. I gave up the alcohol cold turkey about 9 months ago, but I still have a glass or two of diet Dr. Pepper cherry daily, and I have a little bit of a drink called "Sparkling Ice" coconut pineapple flavor occasionally. I am much better off without the booze, so I figure I'm ahead of where I was a year ago for sure. I'll work on the soda when I'm ready.
Sounds like a healthy change and attitude!!!!
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: picklepete
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladee88er View Post
I have a little bit of a drink called "Sparkling Ice" coconut pineapple flavor occasionally
That's a weakness of mine too.

I'm pretty good about using iced tea or seltzer for Mon-Fri, but weekends are usually dining with friends and with some meals a diet soda + lemon just really hits the spot.
picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
My cravings for sweet things has went away since going off of all artificial sweeteners. Coke Zero and Diet Dr. Pepper's were my favorites.Now I buy flavored seltzer water, add some liquid stevia, and I have a nice carbonated beverage. I used to HAVE to have at least one diet drink per day. Now I just mostly drink water with a little tea thrown in so I don't get bored. I feel much more in control without AS.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote