Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: uniquelymade
Stats: tight 18/20 Now 10
WOE: Whole foods Low Carb
I make poor food choices sometimes and it costs me greatly.
uniquelymade is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kaywood
Stats: 206/181/maintain any weightloss 59 yo 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Recommitted Jan 2 2011
For me, if it were only about losing or gaining weight that would be one thing. However, when I don't eat LC I just don't feel well emotionally, physically or mentally. I'm the only one that gets cheated in the end.

I took the "oh I'm going to treat myself because it's my birthday" route last September and it sent me down the slippery slope resulting in a 10 lb. weight gain which I'm still trying to lose.

Unfortunately, it's a black and white issue for me....no gray. A "cheat" for me is not something that can be taken lightly. I don't feel wonderful and fulfilled after a "cheat". I feel bloated, lethargic, depressed and overall lousy, not to mention the ensuing weight gain. So, again, who got cheated?

I need to constantly remind myself of the above, because I will be tempted again in the future. It's a lifetime maintenance issue for me not to be taken lightly.

Great topic!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #63
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
^^ This!!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
I was super hardcore when I was still losing weight and did not cheat because I wanted to get to goal as fast as possible.

But, now I do eat off plan and don't consider it cheating since my plan is maintenance and it includes non-lc foods. For example, I never make lc replacements for high carb foods but once in a while I will eat some of my mom's made from scratch pastries or have some real pizza. I don't see anything wrong with these foods in the context of a healthy and whole foods lc diet so I don't feel badly about eating them.

I think the problem starts if you are still in weight loss mode and already planning what to eat off plan and have cheat days that take over your focus on lc and staying on plan- then you already have one foot out the door and will find it hard to keep going without cheating more and more.
This is me, exactly!
When I was in weight-loss mode, I was hard core. I didn't eat a bite of carby stuff. And once I made LC cheesecake as a substitute, but decided I really needed to just eat clean and that substituting was not good for me.
(Though Atkins bars were worked in there, but always within my carb count.)

Now, I occasionally make a choice to eat them. It is usually planned in advance and I don't feel guilt about it.

For me, cheating would be walking into the kitchen right now and eating the cookies I just baked. Because it is unplanned. If I planned to have one after dinner, that would be a different story. (I don't plan on having one - I made kinds I don't like for a reason.)
Psmileyf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaywood View Post
For me, if it were only about losing or gaining weight that would be one thing. However, when I don't eat LC I just don't feel well emotionally, physically or mentally. I'm the only one that gets cheated in the end.

I took the "oh I'm going to treat myself because it's my birthday" route last September and it sent me down the slippery slope resulting in a 10 lb. weight gain which I'm still trying to lose.

Unfortunately, it's a black and white issue for me....no gray. A "cheat" for me is not something that can be taken lightly. I don't feel wonderful and fulfilled after a "cheat". I feel bloated, lethargic, depressed and overall lousy, not to mention the ensuing weight gain. So, again, who got cheated?

I need to constantly remind myself of the above, because I will be tempted again in the future. It's a lifetime maintenance issue for me not to be taken lightly.

Great topic!
thanks for posting!! you are me and me is you HAHA
there is no grey area for me either.

when I lost 70 lbs. doing the low fat/low cal. I thought I could eat a bit. no way. I added a bit here and there, did ok for a small moment and wham, 15 lbs. gained in no time. then it was impossible to get off. I kept gaining.

only difference on LC is that I eat and eat well and am easily getting enough food and am happy with a full tummy. If I eat 'the junk' again I will lose big time.

you know yourself. that is great. I know myself also. I am like you. remind myself every time I even think of high carb food of what it did to me. It wasn't pretty
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kaywood
Stats: 206/181/maintain any weightloss 59 yo 5'6"
Start Date: Recommitted Jan 2 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
thanks for posting!! you are me and me is you HAHA
there is no grey area for me either.

when I lost 70 lbs. doing the low fat/low cal. I thought I could eat a bit. no way. I added a bit here and there, did ok for a small moment and wham, 15 lbs. gained in no time. then it was impossible to get off. I kept gaining.

only difference on LC is that I eat and eat well and am easily getting enough food and am happy with a full tummy. If I eat 'the junk' again I will lose big time.

you know yourself. that is great. I know myself also. I am like you. remind myself every time I even think of high carb food of what it did to me. It wasn't pretty
kaywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
For me, cheating would be walking into the kitchen right now and eating the cookies I just baked. Because it is unplanned. If I planned to have one after dinner, that would be a different story. (I don't plan on having one - I made kinds I don't like for a reason.)
That's so funny because I have talked to a bunch of people who are maintaining their goal weights for a while and they all said the same thing, and I also think the same way. I can plan to have something like a a slice of my mom's cream pastry and then eat it and feel totally fine about it, no remorse, no guilt, just a delicious dessert, and get right back on plan. But, if I hadn't planned on doing it and felt like I had to eat something then I feel horrible about it- the good thing is that the longer you do this the easier it becomes to not give into that compulsive voice.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
That's so funny because I have talked to a bunch of people who are maintaining their goal weights for a while and they all said the same thing, and I also think the same way. I can plan to have something like a a slice of my mom's cream pastry and then eat it and feel totally fine about it, no remorse, no guilt, just a delicious dessert, and get right back on plan. But, if I hadn't planned on doing it and felt like I had to eat something then I feel horrible about it- the good thing is that the longer you do this the easier it becomes to not give into that compulsive voice.
Absolutely. Planning to eat something is in our control. Eating something because it's there is a compulsion. Being in control of what we eat is healthy. Being compelled to eat is not healthy.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but feeling compelled to eat (self-comfort, greed, whatever) is exactly how I became 50 pounds overweight.
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
I cheat sometimes because I love pizza. The real deal.

However, I really think I am not going to cheat anymore because I screwed up last time and I felt horrible and gained back all the weight I lost and it felt like a huge loss. I want to win!
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Salad Spinner
I've low-carbed Dr. Atkins style since 1999. The only time I ever 'cheated' was when, three months into the woe I ate one frozen snickers bar, you know, the ice cream kind? Within a few hours I was literally laying on the bathroom floor unless I had my head in a bucket or my butt on the, well you get the picture...sorry its yucky! When I finally was able to leave the bathroom to lay in bed and recoup, well folks, thats all it took for me to understand that sugar is evil and unhealthy ingredients are as well. It was a lesson well learned I guess, because it was August 1999 when that happened and like I said I did it only once. I took Dr. Atkins lesson of "one bite is the kiss of death" to heart right then and there!
Salad Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I don't cheat. I don't ''plan'' to cheat either. If I eat a bite of something carby it is because it is on a whim. and it is super rare I do it.

because I know me. I am the true carb addict type. I look at carbs and I gain weight so even a bit of high carby junky food puts weight on me in an instant. I know my limits.

I am atkins and have adopted this way of eating for life. there is 'no plan' to eat whatever I want at the holidays for one day. there is no 'I need' carbs for a change of pace. no 'I have a party coming' and 'plan' to eat off my WOE just this time.

I am full low carb for life. This really is such a better way for me to eat.

Who else is like me? No cheating, no planning carby foods for a day, no compromises just once in a while because this is the choice we choose? to stay low carb no matter what foods are out there?

I know some of you are die-hards like me I would love to see who is strictly LC without compromising their WOE for any reasons on purpose.

(I know some can eat higher carbs, stay on plan and survive. I can't so I am wondering who eats like me out there and sticks to LC all the time regardless of the food situations we encounter)
Me. I am like you. Forever and Always
Carbage has no place in my life.
And I ant wasting any space in my brain, drooling over sweet poison.
Yes I also gain if I even look or smell CARBAGE
Shards of Glass!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #72
Chatty Cathy

Marylouise -well said - love the shards of glass!! Me too and I am happy to have discovered what was making me so sick and be able to do something about it!!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I love it. 'not wasting any brain space for sweet poison!'

for me I found out I don't want carbs in my life. a choice definitely. I know later I could add a few things back when at goal, but I have decided NOW in early weight loss phase that it will not happen.

I know with time, correct meals and good high fats, cravings are gone, I am full, I am lighter, I am healthier etc. and it feels so stinking good. I don't want to ever go back.
There is a carbage food out there that is worth backsliding.
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathy I will never stop trying get my H to look inside his body every-time he freely pours sugar in his oats he continues to eat. And the cake, pies and candy!
It is great to see you again! SUGAR was killing me!

Does anyone remember when Cheri went on the news and told America we were killing ourselves with sugar?

Tigger I feel great TOO!!!!! What Carbage is worth eating?? I haven't ran across one, yet.....

Last edited by marylouise; 12-20-2012 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: spelling....................................................................................................
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
I've also loved reading everyone's inputs in this thread.

I never feel the need to cheat because I love my lowcarb food, I love my energy levels, and I love my body on it. It is the perfect way of life for me.

I think most of us are in agreement about this. Most of us don't go to the store and buy carb-laden foods for ourselves.

However, I think the point a lot of posters are missing is external forces that cause us to go off plan. This makes our world VERY UNNATURAL. Most of our social settings include only high carb food (in the office, at parties, etc. )and then we feel like crap the next few days, spurring unnecessary hunger pangs and even depression in many of us.

Most of us will feel these external forces during Christmas and New Years Eve - you would have to be a hermit, isolated, to not have to deal with them.

Somehow, as low carbers, we have to mediate between being isolated hermits and social animals. Since our way of eating is not the norm, we will often encounter external pressure to eat food that makes us feel psychologically and physically bad.

I think this is why Mark Sisson made the 80/20 rule. He doesn't want us to always live in an isolated manner..... nor does he want us to carry guilt around if we go to someone's house for Christmas dinner and eat something high carb. That guilt just turns into stress AND is also unhealthy.

Hopefully the rest of the world will start to at least develop a better understanding of low carb, and why fat and protein are important. If this happens, we won't be such social pariahs. The trend right now that most people follow is low-fat, high carb. This causes a conflict, and we suffer from this conflict.

Anyway, the point of this post is: We don't always need to "internalize" this struggle and feel guilt. There are strong external factors that will hopefully change in the years to come when more people start understanding why low carb works so well.
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: diamondsinthesky
Stats: [6'1"] 228/219/180
Start Date: Seriously committed December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretalyn View Post
I've learned from bitter experience that when I cheat, whether spontaneous or planned well in advance, three things happen:
  1. I suffer intense cravings for the next few days, intense enough that my willpower simply isn't strong enough to fight them.
  2. My immune system gets compromised when I get knocked out of ketosis, so I find myself at my doctor's office needing antibiotics for yet another sinus infection.
  3. Three months and fifteen pounds later I realize I need to go back on low-carb, because I am sick of being sick all the time, I'm sick of the reactive hypoglycemia, and if I don't turn it around I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe.
If this doesn't sum up the last 3 years of my life, I don't know what does.
diamondsinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #77
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Cathy I will never stop trying get my H to look inside his body every-time he freely pours sugar in his oats he continues to eat. And the cake, pies and candy!
It is great to see you again! SUGAR was killing me!

Does anyone remember when Cheri went on the news and told America we were killing ourselves with sugar?

Tigger I feel great TOO!!!!! What Carbage is worth eating?? I haven't ran across one, yet.....

I recall Cheri being chosen to do that!!

I have family members who do the same (total disregard for carb consumption). It is hard but I keep my mouth shut unless they ask. One recently did ask because she is suffering from some strange stuff and in her own research discovered the science behind low carb diets and is on her way to recovery.

I think that the idea of moderation has been hammered into us as a cultural 'good' but for many with metabolic disorders..... it just doesn't work for a variety of reasons.

Mark Sissons 80/20 is great for those that are relatively healthy to begin with (i.e.very little excess weight, young etc). And he is primal so when he is talking about 20% off plan he is including things like dairy, wheat, grains in general, artificial sweeteners, potatoes, rice, etc., so it doesn't apply to a low carb woe necessarily.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCdave
Stats: 400/195/195
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Jan. 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieze View Post
I've never liked the words "cheating" or "being bad" regarding weight loss.....we just sometimes make poor choices!

But to answer your question....no poor choices here....not necessary as I feel great and have found fabulous substitutes for anything Inappropriate I might crave. I've lost 33 pounds since Sept. 1st and feel great!

Marieze

call it what you like but i have cheated every week since I started losing 12 years ago and all the weight is still off; all 200 pounds.

I think its all about method and i think we all here are low carb, but what % of the time can vary. As for me, its beer and pizza every friday night.

LCdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NH_Free
Stats: 153.5/125 (oops)/120ish
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: Feb.19, 2012
I'm one of those people who will really struggle to get back on plan if I dabble in stuff I shouldn't eat. I don't feel the slightest bit like a pariah because I don't eat the carbage everyone serves at social functions. If anything, I feel like I'm the only one in the place with any self control. When someone tries to coerce me into eating some carby thing, I don't have a problem telling them "I really can't - it would spike my blood sugar and make me sick and shaky afterward, but thank you for offering." I've never had anyone insist I eat anything after I tell them that and it avoids insulting the cook...except for my MIL, who gets angry and holds a grudge, but she's not a reasonable person anyway. Sometimes, if I'm with strangers, I just say that I can't have sugar or wheat and let them assume I'm diabetic and celiac. Then I nurse a drink and socialize like normal.

I've never noticed other people treating me like something's wrong with me because of what I didn't eat. And I don't believe in blaming external forces for my poor diet choices. No one forces me to do anything. If I put some carby junk into my mouth, it was ME that did it. And it would only happen if I was unprepared and truly hungry, which I never am when I go to a social function. There's always some cheese sticks or an Atkins bar in my purse or my vehicle.

Last edited by NH_Free; 12-22-2012 at 06:42 AM..
NH_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #80
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I wish I could cheat but I am like an alcoholic with carbs and cannot do a little
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I recall Cheri being chosen to do that!!

I have family members who do the same (total disregard for carb consumption). It is hard but I keep my mouth shut unless they ask. One recently did ask because she is suffering from some strange stuff and in her own research discovered the science behind low carb diets and is on her way to recovery.

I think that the idea of moderation has been hammered into us as a cultural 'good' but for many with metabolic disorders..... it just doesn't work for a variety of reasons.

Mark Sissons 80/20 is great for those that are relatively healthy to begin with (i.e.very little excess weight, young etc). And he is primal so when he is talking about 20% off plan he is including things like dairy, wheat, grains in general, artificial sweeteners, potatoes, rice, etc., so it doesn't apply to a low carb woe necessarily.
Cool!

I just made my dh a lemon ice box pie!
It was easy to not taste but it did make me want lemon aide
Didn't have enough lemon juice so I am eating a Atkins brownie and drinking a cup of coffee with olive oil, cream and Stevia sweet drops.
This is the life style change I have made. I can have my cake and eat it too. Me hopes.

Merry Christmas everyone
Old 12-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
I don't cheat with one very minor exception. Occasionally I will eat foods like Chinese or Thai, that may have some sugar in their sauces, or BBQ sauce. I certainly don't eat a lot of it, and maybe I double my carbs for the day, but I am still well below 50 grams.

But as far as eating bread, rice, cakes or other sugar, not even once. I feel so much better and my hypoglycemia is almost cured and I keep dropping weight. I am never going back.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unna View Post
I've also loved reading everyone's inputs in this thread.

I never feel the need to cheat because I love my lowcarb food, I love my energy levels, and I love my body on it. It is the perfect way of life for me.

I think most of us are in agreement about this. Most of us don't go to the store and buy carb-laden foods for ourselves.

However, I think the point a lot of posters are missing is external forces that cause us to go off plan. This makes our world VERY UNNATURAL. Most of our social settings include only high carb food (in the office, at parties, etc. )and then we feel like crap the next few days, spurring unnecessary hunger pangs and even depression in many of us.

Most of us will feel these external forces during Christmas and New Years Eve - you would have to be a hermit, isolated, to not have to deal with them.

Somehow, as low carbers, we have to mediate between being isolated hermits and social animals. Since our way of eating is not the norm, we will often encounter external pressure to eat food that makes us feel psychologically and physically bad.

I think this is why Mark Sisson made the 80/20 rule. He doesn't want us to always live in an isolated manner..... nor does he want us to carry guilt around if we go to someone's house for Christmas dinner and eat something high carb. That guilt just turns into stress AND is also unhealthy.

Hopefully the rest of the world will start to at least develop a better understanding of low carb, and why fat and protein are important. If this happens, we won't be such social pariahs. The trend right now that most people follow is low-fat, high carb. This causes a conflict, and we suffer from this conflict.

Anyway, the point of this post is: We don't always need to "internalize" this struggle and feel guilt. There are strong external factors that will hopefully change in the years to come when more people start understanding why low carb works so well.
unna To LCF

Had to stop and say hi and tell you what happened to me yesterday at Walmart!

I was looking at the oils and a woman reached around me, store kind of busy, and picked up a bottle of olive oil. I was looking for a lighter oil than I had been using. I have been consuming coconut oil for many years and just this week started using EVOO in my coffee. Last night I put some coconut milk in it too.

She had the Bertolli brand in her hand, sorry can't spell it correctly. We got to talking about all the different oils. She is not on any kind of balanced diet plan. I told her how much weight I have lost and the woe I was on. She seemed to be really interested until, I said Atkins!!!

She drew back from me like I had death written across my forehead. She said oh NO you must stop eating like that, if you don't you will get colon cancer and die. She added that she had to eat carbohydrates to be healthy! She didn't look very healthy to me.

I asked her why in this world did she think I was going to get cancer and die? She said a friend of hers was on Atkins and developed colon cancer because of the way she had been eating. I took a breath.

Got a little closer to her so no one would over hear me and picked up a huge box of Cheerios in her buggy and said This will kill you before Atkins kills me. I said I am sorry but I do not agree with you and if you don't stop eating this it will kill you. She said it was not for her. Said it was her husbands.

First time that has ever happened to me. When I looked back at her I could almost see myself standing there leaning on my buggy because at 300 I could barley walk! Now I can RUN!: jumpjoy:

Again Welcome to LCF!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I don't cheat with one very minor exception. Occasionally I will eat foods like Chinese or Thai, that may have some sugar in their sauces, or BBQ sauce. I certainly don't eat a lot of it, and maybe I double my carbs for the day, but I am still well below 50 grams.

But as far as eating bread, rice, cakes or other sugar, not even once. I feel so much better and my hypoglycemia is almost cured and I keep dropping weight. I am never going back.
me either!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #85
Chatty Cathy

Marylouise, I am sorry you had to contend with that person. She had a fantastic opportunity to learn something and just threw it away. Maybe something you said will stick with her and somewhere down the road, begin to resonate...
Old 12-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathy for her sake I sure hope so. I wanted to continue talking to her but she drew away and I gave her, her space. Almost every time I get out, I end up in a conversion with someone about low carb! Up until yesterday it has always been a positive up lifting conversion with those I met.
Hugged a bunch of necks on this road of weight loss.
Looking to hug a bunch more.

Merry Christmas Cathy.
Yall getting snow??

Finally it is getting cold here in the south! But it can be hot again tomorrow. Weird weather.....

Can I ask you a Q?
Mostly fat.....
Do you eat animal fat?
I ask because I am fearful of the market meat of todays GMO's.

I am trying to replace all of my fats from animals with nut oil's.

Is the meat in Canada gmo free? I am really being sincere. I'm very curious. And very scared of the meat in most markets all around me. I am in Arkansas.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I just now saw you have Organic in your profile. I should have looked closer before asking about fat. YOU lucky you can get Organic food!!!!!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))
Old 12-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Marylouise, I am sorry you had to contend with that person. She had a fantastic opportunity to learn something and just threw it away. Maybe something you said will stick with her and somewhere down the road, begin to resonate...
Cathy you changed your avatar!!!!!! The flowers are beautiful
Old 12-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #89
Chatty Cathy

It took a long time to find a reliable and affordable source and I must order at least $200 worth at a time but is so worth it. So yes, aside from coconut oil and olive oil, my fats are animal. I would also say that, the real reason and biggest problem for me with grocery store meat is the treatment of the animals but I don't think it is actually harmful to eat. I think it is the carbs that cause the illness - plain and simple. Do what you can when it comes to meat and animal fats but don't get worried that it is going to hurt you.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #90
Chatty Cathy

Thank you - I gussied them up for Christmas!!