Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Atkins frozen meals! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/790685-atkins-frozen-meals.html)

KellBell1234 12-04-2012 02:48 PM

Atkins frozen meals!

My daughter just emailed me that she found Atkins frozen meals at her grocery store (Walmart) in CA!

I'm going to check at my store in MN , I hope they have them, it would be great to have on hand for those nights I don't want to cook!

Just wanted to give a heads up!

CarolynF 12-04-2012 02:49 PM

Thanks..I hope we will see them everywhere...People need to check and report back..

dansamy 12-04-2012 02:53 PM

I'm hoping my WM starts carrying them. It'd be nice to have something like that for nights at work where I didn't plan ahead that well.

PaminKY 12-04-2012 02:54 PM

I saw them at my local WM in Ky last weekend. I looked at them but didn't buy any because I couldn't find a price.

KellBell1234 12-04-2012 03:34 PM

Yeah, I really hope I find them, and if I do, I hope they're good! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16117333)
Thanks..I hope we will see them everywhere...People need to check and report back..

IWILLDOIT1978 12-04-2012 03:55 PM

I can't wait!! If they aren't too expensive they would be an amazing thing to keep at work for lunch!! :) Let us know!! Gonna look here in my state as well!! :)

LowCarbRachel 12-04-2012 03:57 PM

Does anyone know the brand name? I'm looking for information for these online.

Anyone know anything about the flavors or nutritional info?

Lori37 12-04-2012 04:11 PM

years ago I saw some low carb frozen meals at Walmart...they were so so. I was disappointed when they stopped making them though! It's about time Atkins gets on board!

princessmommy 12-04-2012 04:19 PM

I'd Love to find them here in Arkansas! Would be nice just to have if i'm in a hurry

VooDooDoll 12-04-2012 04:21 PM

Sounds handy! What are the options? I'd worry about it being too "frankenfood" like :dunno:

dansamy 12-04-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori37 (Post 16117471)
years ago I saw some low carb frozen meals at Walmart...they were so so. I was disappointed when they stopped making them though! It's about time Atkins gets on board!

They were better than the alternatives: bars or shakes only. I used to get them years ago when I was in a hurry and needed a meal for work but hadn't cooked before I left home.

KellBell1234 12-04-2012 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They are Atkins brand, here's a pic my daughter sent me

IWILLDOIT1978 12-04-2012 07:28 PM

gonna google them!!!!!

DairyQueen 12-04-2012 08:04 PM

Product Details FOR atkins frozen tex mex scramble:

Scrambled eggs with zesty Chorizo sausage, American cheese, fire-roasted tomatoes and mild green chile peppers. 22 g protein. No sugar added. 360 calories. 5 g net carbs (Counting Carbs? Atkins net carb count assists you in tracking carbs that impact blood sugar. Fiber and sugar alcohols should be subtracted from the total carbs since they minimally impact blood sugar. Total carbs 7 grams - total fiber 2 grams = 5 g Atkins net carbs). Good for all Atkins phases. Not a low calorie food. No preservatives. US inspected and passed by Department of Agriculture. Discover the rich taste of Atkins. Enjoy indulgent, mouth-watering foods so satisfying they tame your cravings and help you lose weight. Made with the finest ingredients like freshly-picked vegetables, premium custom sausage and real eggs, our entree are so lusciously tasteful you'll look forward to eating then as a convenient breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Atkins Diet is a nutritious, customizable approach consisting of four progressive phases. Learn more about our rich & satisfying approach by visiting atkins.com. Short on time? Have a delicious bar or shake to keep you satisfied when you're on the go. At Atkins, our mission is to help people lose weight and keep it off while enjoying delicious, satisfying foods. We believe our science-based, clinically-proven approach can improve millions of lives through satisfying weight loss. Product of USA.
Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 bowl
Servings per container: 1
Nutrient Qty %DV
Calories 360
Calories from Fat 240
Total Fat 27 g 42%
Saturated Fat 11 g 55%
Cholesterol 420 mg 140%
Sodium 1150 mg 48%
Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 22 g 44%
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 8%
Iron 20%
Is or Contains Flavor
ServingSize-InGrams 198 g
Milk 1
Egg 1

DairyQueen 12-04-2012 08:05 PM

Here is Atkins crustless chicken pot pie:

Product Details
Premium white meat chicken breast, broccoli & cauliflower florets, spinach and julienne carrots in a sherry & herb cream sauce. 22 g protein. No sugar added. 330 calories. 5 g net carbs (Counting Carbs? Atkins net carb count assists you in tracking carbs that impact blood sugar. Fiber and sugar alcohols should be subtracted from the total carbs since they minimally impact blood sugar. Total carbs 6 grams - total fiber 1 grams = 5 g Atkins net carbs). Good for all Atkins phases. Not a low calorie food. No preservatives. Inspected for wholesomeness by US Department of Agriculture. Discover the rich taste of Atkins. Enjoy indulgent, mouth-watering foods so satisfying they tame your cravings and help you lose weight. Made with the finest ingredients like freshly-picked vegetables, real, rich creams and sauces, and premium chicken without any fillers, our entrees are so lusciously tasteful you'll look forward to eating them as a convenient breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Atkins Diet is a nutritious, customizable approach consisting of four progressive phases. Learn more about our rich & satisfying approach by visiting atkins.com. Short on time? Have a delicious bar or shake to keep you satisfied when you're on the go. At Atkins, our mission is to help people lose weight and keep it off while enjoying delicious, satisfying foods. We believe our science-based, clinically-proven approach can improve millions of lives through satisfying weight loss. Product of USA.
Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 bowl
Servings per container: 1
Nutrient Qty %DV
Calories 330
Calories from Fat 200
Total Fat 22 g 34%
Saturated Fat 10 g 50%
Cholesterol 95 mg 32%
Sodium 880 mg 37%
Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 12%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 22 g 44%
Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 4%
Iron 2%
Is or Contains Flavor
ServingSize-InGrams 255 g
Milk 1
Soy 1

Buffy45 12-04-2012 08:08 PM

How nice to have on hand, hope to find them soon.

DairyQueen 12-04-2012 08:12 PM

I've been googling and found the last mention of them in 2004, I think, and the atkins site doesn't mention them at all.
how could that be?
cause these do look pretty darned good.

CarolynF 12-04-2012 08:16 PM

I hope my Wallie carries them...

dansamy 12-04-2012 08:18 PM

There was a survey on the Atkins site a couple weeks back that queried takers about Sharon Osbourne as their spokesperson and showed some ads introducing their new line of frozen meals. I know because I took the survey and I was so excited to see they were introducing frozen meals. In the early 00s, I think it was another brand that produced low carb bowls in the frozen foods section. I don't recall it being Atkins. I used to eat them a lot when I did Atkins back then, because I was the only one LCing then.

Lori37 12-04-2012 08:56 PM

Agreed, the ones I had before were not Atkins, they were something like "Low carb Chef!"

We have a new Walmart grocery store, I'll go look for these soon! They look great!

DairyQueen 12-04-2012 09:05 PM

In 2004, the
NYT and Business Week mentioned Atkins frozen food entrees, but i cannot find any hard evidence that they existed! I was doing atkins in 2004 (i was at my lowest weight) and don't ever remember even HEARing about them, however.

here's a post on another board in 2004--
'Well,you guys who have been at this awhile,may already know this.I have been doing some sort of Low Carb, for years,and have not seen it before.Yesterday,at my local SS,they now have a large line of atkins products.They have pancake mix,muffin mix,baking mix,all the bars,cookies etc,they even have frozen dinners.I have seen some Atkins products in Wal-mart,but nothing to this extent.Sad thing is...Very expensive.Almost everything is $4.88."

dansamy - i have been scouring the atkins website about the survey you mentioned and haven't found a peep!

I wrote atkins tonight so maybe we'll get an answer soon.

dansamy 12-04-2012 09:05 PM

Chef's Choice. I did some google-fu! :lol:

CurlyGirly 12-04-2012 09:09 PM

Wow, I want to try these!!

Lori37 12-04-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansamy (Post 16117920)
Chef's Choice. I did some google-fu! :lol:

YES that was it! It was so so...not horrible but not great! I hope the atkins ones are better!

dansamy 12-04-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen (Post 16117919)
dansamy - i have been scouring the atkins website about the survey you mentioned and haven't found a peep!

I wrote atkins tonight so maybe we'll get an answer soon.

I got a link to it from a friend on facebook, I think.

Ok, I found the survey link, but it's dead now. (Obviously because the survey is closed now.) I did find out about it from my FB LC group. The "prize" for completing the survey was a coupon for a free box of bars or shakes.

Dezi 12-05-2012 01:25 AM

I am so excited. I can do microwave meals again now! I must be gross, I always loved them!

Amber_Baby 12-05-2012 04:50 AM

These sound great for something to have in the freezer when you forgot to defrost anything or when you're so hungry you just can't wait! I'm guessing the chances of these making it across the pond are teeny tiny though, we have very limited availability of Atkins products in comparison to the US range.

sparkysarah 12-05-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellBell1234 (Post 16117782)
They are Atkins brand, here's a pic my daughter sent me

Thanks for the picture. I hope I can find these. I don't do shakes or bars so these would be nice to take to work when I don't have leftovers.

It is a good way for Walmart to suck us into their stores LOL. I hope Target will stock them too.

CarolynF 12-05-2012 07:35 AM

Heading to my Wallie this a.m. to see if they carry them.

LoriAS 12-05-2012 08:26 AM

I also think these look great to use in a pinch! Let's all bombard the Atkins website with questions regarding these meals and perhaps one of us will get an answer. :)