Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
of course it's processed food. It's already been cooked and assembled then packaged and frozen.

that's not the point. The point is convenience and low carb.

Before these products , there were other packaged frozen meals, but very few were options for low carb being fulled with rice, noodles or potatoes. Lean Cuisine and Smart ones both have a Merlot Beef with Brocolli, and a Turkey with green beans, but they were hard to find among the starchy varieties or sometimes not included in the stores inventory.

All Atkins has done is take a product that people were already looking for and made it easier for them to find. People were looking for Low Carb Frozen meals, now they will be able to find them without a longand sometimes dissapointing search.

it's not about being processed vs raw , low sodium vs whatever, organic vs regular. It's never been about that in THIS case, it's about Low Carb convenience vs High Carb Convenience.

I doubt the Atkins company is searching for the business of raw organic foodies, they would not be buying these products anyway. Atkins saw the market for fast low carb frozen meals and responded. they are not trying to change the world with food that's already out there in another companies name, they are trying to promote their own name and keep Atkins in the mind of people and provide something other than shakes and bars and desserts.

Fault them if you like but then you must fault every other company in the frozen food aisle as well.
Great post, I don't get why people are making a big deal about it being franken food but will make LC dishes full of stuff that sounds like a science project. To each his own, if it will help me stay on plan and I don't experience any side affects then hey My thing is if it's not for you why come in a thread about a product you have not tried and never will try and bash it?
Anyway I bought the breakfast bowl with the chirozo in it and will try it in the AM. I plan to buy some of the lunch/dinner entrees tomorrow.
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 192/173.6/140 5'7
Start Date: 3/19/14
I'm excited! Finally able to get them here in Concord NC. Only one I didn't see was the chili one someone mentioned. If they taste good will be great for those days I don't have time to pack lunch for work.
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
I bought the beef and brocolli one again to try and this time it was great! The beef was actually 5 big chunks instead of little sticks and was very filling... the first time I had this it was brocolli and a bunch of little sticks of beef...must have been an end of the run like they said.
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: somethingblue2u
Stats: 190/195/150
WOE: Atkins for Life
Start Date: 2nd time October 2007
I cannot wait to try these! I don't enjoy going to walmart but I will for these. I just hope that they stick around for a long while.
somethingblue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingblue2u View Post
I cannot wait to try these! I don't enjoy going to walmart but I will for these. I just hope that they stick around for a long while.
I hope they do too. It's so nice to just grab something and go. I was buying some of the other brands and not eating the potatoes and high carb veggies that were in them...waste of money and I only used them when I was in a pinch.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #216
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Today, trying the Meatloaf with Portabello Mushroom Gravy.

It smells rich, the gravy is very savory. The meat tastes meatloafy, ......right down to the mystery bit of bone that always seems to be in meat loaves.....
The cauliflower is more cooked than I expected, but not mushy. the green beans are still crisp tender. Plenty of mushroom bits throughout.

the picture shows several slices of zuchinni ( 4), I had exactly one, but besides that lack of zuke, which was still crispy tender btw, it's an okay meatloaf meal. Meat loaf is not one of my favorite beef entrees, but I don't fault the meal for being what it is.

Except that I don't care for meatloaf, I loved the flavor and the texture of the sauce and veggies and the gravy pulled the meat into the acceptable catagory.

I'd eat it again if it were presented to me, I don't know if I'd buy it again, Only because it's meat loaf. If it were beef tips in the same gravy and veggies set up, I'd buy it again it again, no questions asked.

I do have to say though, the meatloaf is filling, so that bumps it up a notch again. I might take this to an office setting where I know I might not get to enjoy my meal, but the savory rich flavor and fillingness of the meatloaf will make me feel satisfied nonetheless. At home I have too many tastier options to keep this as a dinner option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0001_14.jpg (38.5 KB, 165 views)
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TurnNBurn
I found several types at my local WM. I was tempted tp try one; but decided to save these for work lunches. I can see me getting tired of them pretty quickly, so I hope they continue to expand the line.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sassy40
Stats: 303 at start 10/30 Down to 244
WOE: Very low carb
Start Date: Start again10/30/2012
OMG this was just awesome. Tried the chicken Alfredo!!!!!
sassy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Taxbane
Stats: LBS:215/171/160- - -BF%: 35+/20/11
WOE: 1650 kcals (55 NC/160P/88F) Str Train x2 Wk.
Start Date: December 2010
Beef w broccoli was tasty as could be for 6 NC.
Taxbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Finally found these at my local Walmart Supercenter. They had all the varieties except for the chili. I bought one of each and two of the chicken pot pie. I think these will be great for work lunches or nights I don't want to cook!
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PhillyDude
Stats: 240/237/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1st time 11/2006. Lost 41 lbs. Restart 1/7/2013
Like others I tried the Beef and Broccolli and thought it was pretty good. I thought the portion size was a little small, but overall a nice meal. I highly recommend!
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 192/173.6/140 5'7
Start Date: 3/19/14
I tried them and liked them, too. I do wish the servings were a little bigger. I added two sausage links to the breakfast ones and felt full. Had two of the dinner ones also and those seemed a little bigger. Overall, I liked for convenience and will buy them again. I can't wait for the chili one

Last edited by ncgirl37; 01-01-2013 at 07:10 AM..
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: 09-15-2012
Atkins

Happy New year everyone !
I have a question about the Atkins frozen foods . Has anyone tried it, if so what did you think ?
greeneyedgirl9599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I ate a few. eh.

they are typical run of the mill frozen meals. not alot of food to me. convenient if in a hurry, sure. but to rely on them, for me personally, no way.

I do eat some 'junkier' type ingredients, but am slowly trying to really get away from chemicals and ingredients I can't understand let alone say the words out loud

meals were a bit salty, but I like salt so it was ok for me. ingredients seemed ok. beef and chicken good, broccoli was the 'very small' cuts. all in all I would eat them again but do plan on not buying many.

I got 2 in the freezer now sitting for emergencies. I need to eat 2 to even get remotely close to feeling 'a bit full'. of course eat one with a side salad might fill you up a bit more

I am doing well but am slowly subsituting all foods into the fresh versions.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
WOE: Low Carb
NEW Atkins frozen meals at Walmart

I found these at Walmart today. NEW Frozen Atkins meals. 5 carbs each mealatkins.jpg

atkins2.jpg

atkins3.jpg
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
we got them and it helps my daughter when shes working on her break to microwave them. Easier for her
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LastRick
Stats: 245/193/192
WOE: HFLC (+ IF)
Start Date: July 2010
I've tried four of them now, they're all basically ok. They'll do in a pinch. For the record, the beef merlot was probably my favorite.
LastRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

I called about the beef one I had had and complained that instead of chunks of beef there were sticks of beef and I just rec'd three coupons to replace the one meal...great customer service. I bought another one because she said that was unusual and yes, this time there were 5 big chunks of beef...it was really good!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbingCarmen
Stats: 294/294/164
Start Date: March 10, 2014
Bought some at Walmart in NC, priced very reasonable, can't wait to try them this week!
LowCarbingCarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #230

I'd like to know if anyone is having success for failures with redeeming the coupons printed from home. My coupons had to be used before 12-31-12 and the store refused them. so I'm waiting to see how CS comes through. That Girl says she was sent coupons. I was told I'd be sent replacement coupons, so I'm waiting. I've already bought one of each but it would still be nice to have the promotion to repurchase the ones I end up liking.,

I dont think this is something I would rely upon as the majority of my meals. For one, despite their modest price, they are still more expensive than home cooking, though you'd have to cook all the meals in bulk and package it all to make up for the time and work of cooking all those separate meats and veggies. I'm about to restart all 4 of my jobs this month, and I know that these might come in handy between jobs. but also I've bought a chuck roast to cook and try to duplicate some of these meals myself. Figure to get a huge block of fresh broccoli, blanch it and freeze it into portions with some slices of chuck roast and sliced mushrooms, same deal. One cooking session would make a couple dozen frozen meals of this size and I'd have dinner to boot.

The problem is the motivation, the effort, and the cleanup when you wish you were spending the time doing something else fun or "more important than cooking".

They are pretty darn small, only 300 calories, but making your own, you could make a lunch size, and a dinner size as well. I'm just thinking ahead cause seeing Atkins Brand step up with this is actually motivating me more to do this for myself on my own. It really excites me and I like that.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
Found them in our NH superWallymart! I picked up the meatloaf with portobello mushrooms and chicken broccoli alfredo. I'm going to buy 3-4 per week and squirrel them away for when I really can't deal with cooking.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PhillyDude
Stats: 240/237/165
Start Date: 1st time 11/2006. Lost 41 lbs. Restart 1/7/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbingCarmen View Post
Bought some at Walmart in NC, priced very reasonable, can't wait to try them this week!

Agreed! The prices are very affordable!
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I'm eating the Roast Turkey Tenders with Herb Pan Gravy at work right now and it's really good! I don't love all of the ingredients, but it is tasty. I'm very glad that it has a lot of fat and sodium as well, and 6 net carbs.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
Had the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo for supper, it was excellent, best frozen meal I've had ever! Will be buying more now for sure.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
[QUOTE=metqa;1616

They are pretty darn small, only 300 calories, but making your own, you could make a lunch size, and a dinner size as well. I'm just thinking ahead cause seeing Atkins Brand step up with this is actually motivating me more to do this for myself on my own. It really excites me and I like that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we could start a thread and see if we could come up with some recipes or tips to help motivate us to make our own??
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
I tried the meatloaf dinner today and thought it was okay (but meatloaf is never my favorite). It is definitely something I have been waiting for. I am weird in that I don't like to eat leftovers that contain meat for the most part. Therefore, trying to eat lunch at work has been one of my major downfalls. Today is day 2 of my reinduction and while I was STARVING by the time I got home, I will definitely be trying the others as well.

Oddly, I haven't been able to find the chili meal either and that is the one that I really wanted!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
I picked up a couple today... the pot pie, a breakfast one and the merlot beef. We'll see how they are.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Maybe we could start a thread and see if we could come up with some recipes or tips to help motivate us to make our own??
Yes, That's what I was hoping someone would suggest. not just leftovers, but portion controlled meals just like the store ones but homemade. I know tis silly, cause there are so many recipe threads, but it would be fun, kinda like copy Cat recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
I tried the meatloaf dinner today and thought it was okay (but meatloaf is never my favorite). It is definitely something I have been waiting for. I am weird in that I don't like to eat leftovers that contain meat for the most part. Therefore, trying to eat lunch at work has been one of my major downfalls. Today is day 2 of my reinduction and while I was STARVING by the time I got home, I will definitely be trying the others as well.

Oddly, I haven't been able to find the chili meal either and that is the one that I really wanted!
What IS it about meatloaf, eh!?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I think an atkins frozen meal copy cat thread would be really really fun. I love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen and often make my own frozen meals. Haven't lately, though. I'll start the thread but I don't know when I can attempt any recipes.

See the Atkins Meatloaf doesn't taste like meat loaf to me. Meat loaf has to have ketchup to be meat loaf lol. That taste like Salsbury steak to me.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Here guys!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16168144
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote