Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #181
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 316.0/316.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/23/14
I spent 20 mins staring at the frozen food case this afternoon and still don't see them.

Stupid Walmart
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 05:30 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojopage
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Rx HCG
Start Date: re-start 9/3/14
Exciting ! I hope that they stay around- it is great to be able to grab a frozen meal sometimes South Beach used to make them a while ago (Kraft, maybe?) , but then they became extinct. I like it that people who are low carb now have the option of grabbing a quick frozen meal instead just a frozen omelet. All of the rest of the frozen b-fasts are loaded with potatoes !!!! The other WW meals, etc, they throw in pasta/noodles and starchy veggies- thank you, Atkins this will make following the plan easier
mojopage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mislan
Sodium content is way too high for me. Salt is a preservative so they should not be pushing them as "no preservatives". I'd rather make my own lunch since I know what goes into it. I did see a sweepstakes on FB to win a trip to La. and for a $2 coupon.
mislan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Atkins Frozen

I did print the coupon and was able to use it at Wally world .

I found mine in Ohio at the New Boston location. I had to ask the guy who was putting out frozen merchandise if they had them. They were on an end cap freezer . Crammed onto two shelves. Good selection. 3.48 I am thinking

So far I just tried the Tex-Mex scramble.... it was good , but the cholesterol and sodium contents are so high that I will have a couple on hand .Those are two things I have to watch and I think I can control those better not eating a lot of processed foods. Since DH does work away sometimes these will be handy.

Still have the others in the freezer, but if I still worked... These would be very helpful.

This year, I'm going to appreciate the little things that make my life good, and the not so good will be ignored. I feel really good about that.

Dear Lord, If you can't make me skinny... make my friends fatter !!
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Does anyone know if these would be induction approved? I do fairly well but having breakfast on the go would be so helpful.
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
I think they are for all phases of the diet.
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 192/171.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 3/19/14
I asked my local Walmart here in Concord, NC if they had them yet and the guy told me they were still in the back, but they were too busy to put them out. Still waiting....impatiently LOL.
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #188
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2 View Post
Has anyone spotted them in the DC metro area yet?
I didn't see them in Giant...will check Walmart on Rt 1 in the am
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #189

Gallery: Meek75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mislan View Post
Sodium content is way too high for me. Salt is a preservative so they should not be pushing them as "no preservatives". I'd rather make my own lunch since I know what goes into it. I did see a sweepstakes on FB to win a trip to La. and for a $2 coupon.
Sodium was the first thing I thought about when I saw them on Jimmy Moore's channel. I'll pass....
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Taxbane
Stats: LBS:215/171/160- - -BF%: 35+/20/11
WOE: 1650 kcals (55 NC/160P/88F) Str Train x2 Wk.
Start Date: December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl37 View Post
I asked my local Walmart here in Concord, NC if they had them yet and the guy told me they were still in the back, but they were too busy to put them out. Still waiting....impatiently LOL.
In Orlando FL, the Wal-mart stock guys said they had them in, but could not put them out until the new year....
Taxbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvmybabyhead
Stats: 342/288/275 (2nd goal)
WOE: LC/HF
Start Date: 7/17/13
I need to try a few of these for emergency lunches at work. I know they won't be the most healthful thing I could eat but if it keeps me on plan then it is worth it.
luvmybabyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PhillyDude
Stats: 240/237/165
Start Date: 1st time 11/2006. Lost 41 lbs. Restart 1/7/2013
The clerk at walmart said today or tommorow they are expecting a shipment. Hopefully there will be some left when I shop this afternoon.
PhillyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: evilmarketeer
Stats: 16/12/10
Start Date: March 2011
They had about 8 varieties today at the Super Wal-Mart in Tempe, AZ. It's in a very small display space near the vegetarian entrees.

I bought one of each, because I don't shop at Wal-Mart very often. I made the meatloaf for lunch today. It tasted vaguely like meatloaf but had a rubbery texture. Not something I would eat every day, but it's fine for emergency lunch at the office once in a while.
evilmarketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #194

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mislan View Post
Well, cold is a preservative too, ... I doubt they would keep them at room temperature in order to say it's completely preservative free

Salt is a natural preservative, always has been. No body has a problem with using salt as a preservative instead of synthetically produced chemicals. Butter is preserved with salt. Ham is preserved with salt.

Sugar is a natural preservative, so when a person makes homemade jam with no "preservatives", they don't mean they made it without the sugar that naturally preserves it. the sugar is an ingredient that ALSO is a natural preservative.

Vitamin C is a preservative, I don't imagine they avoided using foods high in Vitamin C just to be able to say it's preservative free because Vitamin C happens to prevent spoilage.

Vinegar, lactic acid, smoke... these all preserve food and are ingredients or methods of cooking that are also preservatives.

I can't imagine anyone believes that there are NO ingredients in these food products that act in a natural way to preserve the foods.

I'm sure when they say "no preservatives" they might mean things like sorbic acid, non-naturally occurring sulfites, benzoic acid, sodium nitrate,etc.... not things like lemon juice, wine, salt, vinegar sugar, vitamin c and other food items that naturally act as preservatives/antimicrobials.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 12-28-2012 at 02:19 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #195

It's not for everyone....

They don't claim to be Salt Free.
They don't claim to be Low Sodium
They don't claim to be Fat Free.
They don't claim to be Low Fat.
They don't claim to be Sugar Free.
They don't claim to be Low Calorie.
They don't claim to be Heart Healthy.
They don't claim to be Cholesterol Free.
They don't claim to be Saturated Fat Free.
They don't claim to be a good source of Fiber
They don't claim to be a good source of Healthy Whole Grain.
They don't claim to be Diabetic Approved.
They don't claim to be Organic.
They don't claim to be Locally Grown.
They don't claim to be Raw.
They don't claim to be Free Range.
They don't claim to be Monsanto Free.
They don't claim to be Allergen Free.
They don't claim to be Perfect for Every Person.

Nowhere on the packaging or the website are they making any of these claims and yet people keep coming and blasting them for failing to adhere to claims they haven't made.

They only claim to be a Low Carb option for people who are looking for a quick, convenient, frozen meal that they can have in all phases of the Atkins Plan.

They are pretty much the same as Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Weight Watchers or any other frozen meal producer out there. Expecting them to be more than they are offering to be is about as logical as being mad at water for not being dry.

Last edited by metqa; 12-28-2012 at 02:43 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Does anyone know if these would be induction approved? I do fairly well but having breakfast on the go would be so helpful.
the highest Total Carbohydrates is 11g for the Meatloaf Portabello. That has 4 grams of fiber. So if you count all carbs, it's only 11g, and if you count net carbs it's 7g net. So the highest meal is still within induction levels if you are trying to keep under 20g. You'd have to adjust your other meals to be 9g of carbs ( total or net, however you count 'em)

Since Atkins Nutritionals count Net Carbs, having two of these meals in one day would still have you under 20g of carbs.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Thank you Metqa. I feel exactly the same way. No one is forcing anyone to eat them. Just don't eat them if you don't like what's in them. Simple as that.

I love having them in my freezer. And I love the chicken pot pie. It's my favorite so far but I haven't got to taste them all.

I really didn't care for the breakfast scramble with the chorizo. I won't buy that one again.

Some of them are 4&5 net carbs so technically, you could eat 3 of them a day and be under or at 20g net carbs for the day. I wouldn't do that, they are pretty calorie dense, but you "could".
Old 12-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Thank you Metqa. I feel exactly the same way. No one is forcing anyone to eat them. Just don't eat them if you don't like what's in them. Simple as that.

I love having them in my freezer. And I love the chicken pot pie. It's my favorite so far but I haven't got to taste them all.

I really didn't care for the breakfast scramble with the chorizo. I won't buy that one again.

Some of them are 4&5 net carbs so technically, you could eat 3 of them a day and be under or at 20g net carbs for the day. I wouldn't do that, they are pretty calorie dense, but you "could".
Ha, I guess you are right! I guess that's what some folks "fear". haha, if I could afford to buy all my food premade I'd probably do it for convenience, but there are too many meals I like that nobody will market for markup, so I'll keep cooking.

Is Chirozi a type of sausage? I never buy breakfasty frozen meals( usually sugary, bread and bland egg dishes) but I bought these for taste testing. Eggs really are so easy to make but I can see keeping a couple of them in the work fridge if I wake up late and have to dash out without being able to prepare a proper breakfast. I've never tried freezing scrambled eggs.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I usually don't buy breakfast either but I just wanted to try them all lol. Yes chorizo is a sausage. I don't know if it was the chorizo I didn't like or the peppers in it but it just tasted funny to me. The farmhouse breakfast scramble was really good, though.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #200

Okay, I'm gonna try the chirozo scramble for dinner tonight then, cause I'm curious. Actually if I ever eat "breakfast" foods, I prefer them for lunch or dinner instead of breakfast time. For Breakfast I prefer dinnerish type foods like steak and sauteed vegetable or stew or something significant. Eggs and pancakes and such just make me feel nauseated sometimes for breakfast. but I can eat the heck out of some eggs for lunch or dinner!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
I didn't care for the tex-mex scramble either ending up picking out the peppers that helped somewhat. The meatloaf tasted like a piece of beef, but to me had no meatloaf flavor, edible but probably won't buy it again. My walmart only had a couple of choices so I am looking forward to trying more of them.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #202

I just had the chirozo scramble. Well, that was interesting. I think I've not had chirozo before, I didn't expect it to be spicy. It took a moment to get used to, but It was okay. It wasn't special, but it tasted better than what I could make in a hurried pinch.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
I have to check these out! Sometimes DH works overtime and I don't really feel like making anything and one of these might be nice.
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sya_unit
Stats: 254/184/140
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: Jan 3, 2012
There is some in AZ! Woot. Now I have to make it to wally world to get some for work. I will prolly pass on the chorizo. I know, I know I am an arizonian and I don't care for it. Bad me. LOL. I may have just over-chorizoed myself when I moved here. I used to eat it every day!
sya_unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I just had the chirozo scramble. Well, that was interesting. I think I've not had chirozo before, I didn't expect it to be spicy. It took a moment to get used to, but It was okay. It wasn't special, but it tasted better than what I could make in a hurried pinch.
I figured out I hate chorizo AFTER I bought it and made a quiche with it....not my thing.

I am going to buy a couple this weekend to keep at work for emergencies too - although it's rare I'm without anything to eat there.
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Snipped from metqa...

They only claim to be a Low Carb option for people who are looking for a quick, convenient, frozen meal that they can have in all phases of the Atkins Plan.

And the other day I was in a fix with no time to eat. Voila. Five minutes later I'm eating a low carb quickie and 5 minutes after that I was out the door. Perfect in a pinch. Will keep in freezer all the time just for that.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
really enjoyed the crustless chicken pot pie...have bought all of the entrees except the mushroom one and couldn't find the chilli con carne. will let ya know...but so far i like the pot pie!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #208
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
For anyone interested, I was checking my email just now & "MySavings" (a free stuff & coupon site) has a coupon for $1 off Atkins Frozen Meals. I am not sure if you can get the coupon on their site or if you can only get it via emails.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
I'm eating the egg scramble one right now. Really good. I admit, I do LOVE these for when I'm in a hurry!
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhbyrd
Stats: 235/203/150
Start Date: Feb 2012
YAY-I found them tonight at my Wal-mart-they had 4 of them so not all yet but I did see a place for the rest of them.Guess they are just coming in to the store, I can not wait to try them. Nice to have something in a pinch for work or etc!!!
jhbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote