Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 222/222/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryssi View Post
The locator says my WM is supposed to have them.

They lie!
My Super Walmart had them but only two types and they were kinda hidden in with the lean cuisine and smartones. I might not have found them if I had not asked and was sure they were there so Iooked harder.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
Well, I have to say my beef merlot was not that great. There was hardly any meat in it and what beef there was in it was shredded little sticks. Not at all like the picture, I called the company they said some of the meals didn't get the right amount of beef in it...I found that hard to believe because I made three of them, one for me, hubby and sister and they all looked the same. Then tonite I was pressed for time and had the turkey one and that portion amount seemed too samll too. Maybe I am just a porky and that explains my weight problem.....hmmm? They had a good taste to them... the breakfast sausage/cheese one was filling.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoAl View Post
Unfortunately I see these as good example of processed food. Over one gram of salt in a serving (50% of the RDA). I don't really trust the Atkins corporation.

So many call the Atkins bars FrankenFood.
How is this product different?

Processed food is processed food..................IMO
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
of course it's processed food. It's already been cooked and assembled then packaged and frozen.

that's not the point. The point is convenience and low carb.

Before these products , there were other packaged frozen meals, but very few were options for low carb being fulled with rice, noodles or potatoes. Lean Cuisine and Smart ones both have a Merlot Beef with Brocolli, and a Turkey with green beans, but they were hard to find among the starchy varieties or sometimes not included in the stores inventory.

All Atkins has done is take a product that people were already looking for and made it easier for them to find. People were looking for Low Carb Frozen meals, now they will be able to find them without a longand sometimes dissapointing search.

it's not about being processed vs raw , low sodium vs whatever, organic vs regular. It's never been about that in THIS case, it's about Low Carb convenience vs High Carb Convenience.

I doubt the Atkins company is searching for the business of raw organic foodies, they would not be buying these products anyway. Atkins saw the market for fast low carb frozen meals and responded. they are not trying to change the world with food that's already out there in another companies name, they are trying to promote their own name and keep Atkins in the mind of people and provide something other than shakes and bars and desserts.

Fault them if you like but then you must fault every other company in the frozen food aisle as well.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cinglessofme
Stats: 265/250/150
WOE: High-Fat, Low-Carb
I'm in Chicago. I was told they would get them the 1st of the year. I was told the same at the Hammond, IN store.
cinglessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Sheesh. Ya know, if you don't want to buy them and eat them then don't. It's pretty simple. The point is, some people need this option to stay on plan.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #157
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I didn't care for the taste of the 2 I tried (chicken pot pie and some kind of sausage one - not breakfast) but it's great there's a convenience food for those times when you just don't want to, or can't, cook
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 222/222/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Sheesh. Ya know, if you don't want to buy them and eat them then don't. It's pretty simple. The point is, some people need this option to stay on plan.
Could not agree with you more!!!
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
metqa and MsWoods, I agree with you both. As one who has spent a lot of time looking for LC frozen food to have in the freezer for the once a month (or even less) when I just don't feel like cooking, I'm so happy that Atkins has decided to make these dinners. I'm still waiting for my WM to carry it.
judytab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I didn't care for the taste of the 2 I tried (chicken pot pie and some kind of sausage one - not breakfast) but it's great there's a convenience food for those times when you just don't want to, or can't, cook
I liked the pot pie. I didn't care too much for the sausage primavera, which is what I think you are talking about. The meat loaf was ok but it didn't taste like meat loaf to me it tasted like salsbury steak.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #161

I went to the Walmart to buy the meals and they wouldn't honor the coupons! They said their equipment couldn't scan the bar code and since it was a printed coupon they were not allowed by their manager to give me the promotion. Boooo!

It's a good thing they were already reasonably priced or I might be more upset, but I did write a note to the Aktins company to let them know their coupons are not being accepted.
~~~~~~~~~~
Sausage primavera, I think I can make that at home, is it just sausage and peppers? My friend makes that every week for company. I might see how he does it. I want to try to recreate these meals in order to save some money on buying them premade, but it's nice to be able to just buy one ready to heat and eat.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
of course it's processed food. It's already been cooked and assembled then packaged and frozen.

that's not the point. The point is convenience and low carb.

Before these products , there were other packaged frozen meals, but very few were options for low carb being fulled with rice, noodles or potatoes. Lean Cuisine and Smart ones both have a Merlot Beef with Brocolli, and a Turkey with green beans, but they were hard to find among the starchy varieties or sometimes not included in the stores inventory.

All Atkins has done is take a product that people were already looking for and made it easier for them to find. People were looking for Low Carb Frozen meals, now they will be able to find them without a longand sometimes dissapointing search.

it's not about being processed vs raw , low sodium vs whatever, organic vs regular. It's never been about that in THIS case, it's about Low Carb convenience vs High Carb Convenience.

I doubt the Atkins company is searching for the business of raw organic foodies, they would not be buying these products anyway. Atkins saw the market for fast low carb frozen meals and responded. they are not trying to change the world with food that's already out there in another companies name, they are trying to promote their own name and keep Atkins in the mind of people and provide something other than shakes and bars and desserts.

Fault them if you like but then you must fault every other company in the frozen food aisle as well.
Metqa...
I haven't seen you in forever! Did you get moved? We are moving Jan. 3rd or 4th
Out of this Grey Hound RV and into the place right next door! Its a very large mobile home in a permanent place with a big den and patio attached to it. We have almost 3 acres! Plus a inside storm shelter made under the ground!

Me so happy we bumped into each other again!.

Well you know I love some of the bars and the strawberry shake.
Yea I agree with everything everyone is saying. I just happened on this thread. Was looking around the Lobby for someone. Seeing you and Ms. Woods and Dottie and everyone else is great!
I am sure if they come to our walmart I will try them if I can afford to buy any. I'm the first in line for the convenience and working to get the already made up food out of my diet. But failing.
I do try to aim for a whole food when I can.
GMO's bother me more than anything I put in my mouth.

I hope you love your new home.

Last edited by marylouise; 12-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling................................................
Old 12-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

A few months ago the same thing happened to me at out walmart. Said it was missing the correct bar code and they could not manually put it in! But it wasn't an Atkins product....
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Here is a picture of the sausage primavera before I cooked it and after. I halved it and mixed it with a bag of miracle rice.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

And here is the tex mex scramble. I didn't really like it that much. I probably won't buy this one again.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #166

Hey MaryL, I've moved in, but having some recent trouble with burglary and security. Not in a good place about it, stressing out. I'm glad your moving plan seems to be going well, 3 acres sounds wonderful.

about the coupon, I wonder if companies know their coupons are being rejected. It's like they offer great promotion, run the gamet of downloads and bother then get to the store and get disappointed. That's why I emailed them, but it may be a walmart problem as well.

I'm eating the Italian Primavera right now. not the flavor I'd expect, but I like it. I don't usually season my sausage with red pepper sauce, I might try that in the future.

The serving size is not any smaller than smart ones or lean cuisine,but I'm surprised at that and realized that these meals are NOT low fat and are around 300 calories so despite the small size there is a good amount of calories from fat. Compare that to a Smart One's Pot Roast that has much less calories and more carbs, but still mostly veggies, but are only 190 calories. Similar volume, more "food" in the Atkins package because it's not Low fat meat, and the veggies are neutral so there can be more.

I'm hoping to use these meals as a platform for making my own. maybe get some flash frozen veggies, then perfect my favorite sauces, precook the meats and pack em in the freezer. Meanwhile , while trying to instal a new back door, get ready to leave for Christmas and Clean my house, I ain't cooking anything worthwhile tonight and this is my dinner for tonight.

My Vote for Primavera: I like it. It's a new flavor to me, so it's kinda novel. It has a nice mild spice to it, the sausage has a nice chew ( not soft or mushy, nor gritty or rubbery) There is enough sauce to cover everything, The vegetables are crisp tender, not rawish nor overcooked. the Cauliflower is impressively cooked well. It holds it's shape while being well cooked, not mushy not hard. For me, a definite "Buy Again!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1010.jpg (62.0 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by metqa; 12-19-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhbyrd
Stats: 235/185/150
Start Date: Feb 2012
I can wait to try these!! Thanks Ms Woods for posting sometimes we NEED something convient and these fit the bill for me!!
jhbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Michelle Thank you for posting the pix. Stuff looks yummy! Very Yummy. So yummy my stomach growled!

Metqa I am so sorry you are having that problem with the property you bought. Are you taking your cat with you Christmas?? I'm sorry I can not remember if you have one or two. I sure hope if you can't take them they will be safe inside.

The coupons are starting to sound like Scams!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! BE SAFE WHEN YOU TRAVEL!!!

Last edited by marylouise; 12-19-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #169

Bean will be coming with us. Nobody to cat sit and he can't moderate his eating so he has to be fed discrete meals.

I've noticed this more and more lately. Store refusing to redeem coupons printed from computers from websites and such. they say " this is a photocopy" But how can they know if it's a photocopy or print out if it comes from a printer that is also a photocopy machine? They work the same way!!! Anyway, I've not had problems with coupons scanning at Kroger or JoAnn's , so it may be a Walmart problem and they may have had people try to abuse printed coupons so they won't even try to redeem them if they don't scan. I wish a different store carried this product just to test the theory.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellagurl
WOE: Weight watchers points plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2 View Post
Has anyone spotted them in the DC metro area yet?
I found 4 flavors today at the Wal-Mart in Manassas on 234 so they may be very close to you.
ellagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinglessofme View Post
I'm in Chicago. I was told they would get them the 1st of the year. I was told the same at the Hammond, IN store.
The Niles, Il Walmart on Golf road has all of them. They are by the Lean Cuisine.
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
I really want to try the chili and it's the only one my Walmart didn't have...ugh...i like the chili i get from netrition but wanted to try a version with no beans...maybe they will get it here soon
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Bean will be coming with us. Nobody to cat sit and he can't moderate his eating so he has to be fed discrete meals.

I've noticed this more and more lately. Store refusing to redeem coupons printed from computers from websites and such. they say " this is a photocopy" But how can they know if it's a photocopy or print out if it comes from a printer that is also a photocopy machine? They work the same way!!! Anyway, I've not had problems with coupons scanning at Kroger or JoAnn's , so it may be a Walmart problem and they may have had people try to abuse printed coupons so they won't even try to redeem them if they don't scan. I wish a different store carried this product just to test the theory.
Good Bean go with ya'll...He be scared all alone..You good cat mama

Walmart wrong about doing coup's this way! I really dislike the sooooo many STORE control thingie...I really like Kroger best!
Metqa Yall be safe and have a great Christmas......Give BF a hug from me.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

Metqa did you notice how close me is to my goal? I have lost almost 150 pounds!

Are you still teaching?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #175

Congrats MaryL, YOu really ARE close to your goal!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes me is very close.....thinking because so close to 62 I dont need to go lower than 145 or 140..when I get to 150 I will rethink how much more I should try to kick to that Curb! I'm 5'3". If I was younger I would turn into a rail if I could....Thank you Metqa! ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
Old 12-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #177

Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
I really want to try the chili and it's the only one my Walmart didn't have...ugh...i like the chili i get from netrition but wanted to try a version with no beans...maybe they will get it here soon
Notice you live in Ohio. Did you know that Skyline and Gold Star Chili is low carb? Skyline has a coney bowl that is hotdogs, chili and cheese.

They also have them in cans. I like Skyline and Gold Star but have to be in the mood for them LOL
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
I was finally able to find them at my Walmart. They only had 2 of them, but I wa happy to find them! They had the tex mex scramble and the turkey medallions. I bought one of each to try. Hope I can find more varieties, but I was happy to finally see them in my store!
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
The breakfast one I got was the farmhouse scramble, not tex mex. I'm eating it right now, and it's pretty tasty. The eggs are surprising fluffy and I like the taste of the sausage. I probably won't buy this one again though, not because its not good....it is, but it's so easy to whip up some scrambled eggs, but I am excited to try the turkey one I got, ibet it will be good, based on the breakfast one, I'm impressed!
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
Notice you live in Ohio. Did you know that Skyline and Gold Star Chili is low carb? Skyline has a coney bowl that is hotdogs, chili and cheese.

They also have them in cans. I like Skyline and Gold Star but have to be in the mood for them LOL
Thank you...I will check these out.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote